What do you think Mozart would think of 20th century music?

What do you think Mozart would think of 20th century music?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_21st-century_classical_composers
youtube.com/watch?v=f6wt64X8Am0
youtube.com/watch?v=2mukrVsKqTs&list=PLqdFJzgdyvWnzexNx9L4lqY33tHGzt1gg
youtube.com/watch?v=DxeLU9nyia4
youtube.com/watch?v=dGva1NVWRXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think about it often.

Music is certainly less complex than it used to be, but I always wondered if he would think it was an upgrade or a total shame.

They would be blown away by the synthetic sound.

What do you think Mozart would think of the kind of Hentai I wank to?

Bet he would enjoy it the dirty little fucker.

has he ever written an essay about decadence in (then) modern society or not?
if he has written anything about that you could probably use those writings to guess what he would think of modern music.

He would probably wonder why there were so many metal threads

He'd shitpost on /classical/

Most contemporary music has more value as suppliments for cultural scenes than they have as music. Music today is typically more focused on the establishment of identity than as an artform. Not saying that this is a bad thing at all, but Mozart would probably be confused as fuck.

He's into scat.

Literally a shit fetish. What a faggot.

>thinks Beethoven is better than me
>[current year]

>ludwig van
>not derivative trash

Eduard Elgar or you've got 1000 movement of erectile dysfunction after the second crescendo motherfucker!

>an upgrade

Not in the slightest. They had lieders as well. It's not like they were lacking in lyrical content that was poetic as well as musically advanced compared to todays songs.

>Music is certainly less complex than it used to be

Popular music maybe, but classical music is far more complex now than it ever was in Mozart's time.

Who are some contemporary classical composers?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_21st-century_classical_composers

scat is unironically the most patrician fetish there is

plz don't tell me you think phillip glass makes more complex music than Mozart.

I said contemporary, not modern. see

jazz is pretty great and gave rise to many excellent pianists so i'd say he'd be pretty happy with 20th century music ya fuckin moron

Found him!

>literally a thousand
Can you youtube me a few good examples?

youtube.com/watch?v=f6wt64X8Am0

I don't really have any examples personally desu. But even modern classical was way more complex then Mozart. For example 12-tone serialism like Schoenberg, whatever you call the stuff Stockhausen was doing, spectralism, indeterminacy etc.

>is called "classical" music
>was still made in modern times
Seriously?

Do you have a better name for it?

Retarded people though classical was just one genre and everything in it was the same. You can thank them for that thing about "Modern Classical".

??? what are you implying? modern classical was the 20th century. classical being made today is contemporary classical. classical is not limited to any one time period. it never stopped.

>What do you think Mozart thinks of 20th century music?
FTFY
Mozart is ALIVE and i can prove it.

Literally who.

some deaf dude who thought he could visualize sounds and play piano better than normies
died becasue he didn't have healthcare

>What do you think Mozart would think of 20th century music?
Depends, does he only know mainstream music like 99.99%+ of the population or not?

I think he would cum endlessly to Stravinsky

Mozart was not into scat. That's ridiculous and there's no way I would find that arousing.

Some hippy then.

Music by Grisey, Webern, Boulez, Stockhausen, and to an extent John Adams all has more complexity than Mozart.

Most of the "complexity" of Mozart's music is just how he compares to his contemporaries, and how otherwise innocuous music takes such bold formal and structural risks.

Its really not though
>muh 12 note random patterns

>muh random ugly notes that dont fit together
>muh random bleeps and bloops and computer fart sounds

>note
>random

you literally have no clue what you are talking about

Random is the best insult you can come up with? It is pretty much the exact opposite of random, usually extremely intricate, carefully worked out method for making music. It might not make music as good as Mozart but Mozart pulling tunes he likes out his ass is more random than Webern or Boulez.

youtube.com/watch?v=2mukrVsKqTs&list=PLqdFJzgdyvWnzexNx9L4lqY33tHGzt1gg
this won the pulitzer prize

youtube.com/watch?v=DxeLU9nyia4
so did this one

youtube.com/watch?v=dGva1NVWRXk
and this one

Plus no one likes that crap, i know youre forcing yourself to enjoy it bruh