So, I'm thinking of buying an electric guitar for christmas. Any recommendations?

So, I'm thinking of buying an electric guitar for christmas. Any recommendations?
I'm really into that sweet Telecaster tone as of now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s84WGoLV4dU
sweetwater.com/store/detail/AC10C1
youtube.com/watch?v=5EieHafkHbU
chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/msg/5918286912.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

depends what you wanna play. I'm after a schecter corsair right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=s84WGoLV4dU

if it's ur 1st guitar buy yamaha pacifica 012. not to expensive for start

if you can afford to do so, don't start with a shitty cheap guitar. you will outgrow it and want something better within months

if you like fenders, get a mexican made, minimum. do not buy a squier. go for american made if you can afford it. it's worth the price, to have an instrument that you can grow into and still be happy and comfortable playing in 5 years when your skills have improved dramatically

of course, all of the above was assuming you are serious about music. if it's just for kicks and you don't expect to be serious about it, then by all means go for the squier or cheap ibanez

Do you have a budget in mind?

it's gonna be my 1st electric but I've been playing acoustic for about 5 years

yeah im pretty serious about music and i have a 1500 dollar budget but that includes guitar and amp

if i were you, i'd allocate about $1000 of that to the guitar, and the remaining $500 on a nice, low wattage tube amp for practice

i have a fender blues junior 15W i got off craigslist for $150 and the thing fucking sings. i'm not gigging right now, so 15W is all i need to play at home or to jam with a couple buddies

You can't go wrong with an American Telecaster. I'm more of a Gibson guy, but I love Telecasters.

i was looking at the vox ac10 for an amp
sweetwater.com/store/detail/AC10C1

(responding to myself) also, if you end up under budget, you could use the extra to invest in some cool pedals to expand your tone. blew my mind what i could do with an electric guitar when i started experimenting with phase shifters, delay, flangers, etc

>sweetwater.com/store/detail/AC10C1

ive never played through one myself but it has a solid reputation. i think that would be a very good choice

Look up the epiphone blueshawk. It's a damn good combo of fast neck(ibanez), singing clarity(Gibson), and massive tone(fender). For 550 it beats the dogshit out of a Mexican tele. Then again, if you can find a used American tele around 550, go for it.

I love the feel of the Fender Road Worn Teles. Chunkier neck and Dunlop 6105 frets. The bridge pickups in those are very classic Tele with an almost P90 bite. Worth the $899 price tag.

this user brings up a good point - seriously consider looking at used instruments. as long as they are not damaged, a used instrument will sound just as good as a new one and save you a ton of cash

As someone who has en epiphone sg and acoustic - you don't want a cheap guitar if you've already been playing so long. I also want a Strat right now, and you can pick up mexican strats pretty cheap.
I want 60s Reissue. Maple neck, candy apple red. But i'm broke right now, so i'll have to hold off.

i've been looking on reverb.com for deals but there's nothing that i see as great 10/10 deal

Go on eBay or Amazon and get a guitar kit for $70-$80 and that way if you lose interest you won't have wasted too much money. Also good if it becomes something you only tinker with it every once in a while.
Don't drop any money on an expensive guitar until you actually get proficient at it and see that you're not going to be bored of it after a year (speaking from experience, I ended up becoming a drummer)

the 60s reissues are lovely instruments. dont own one but have played a couple. they're worth waiting to save up for

don't be afraid to check your local craigslist for deals. bring a buddy with you in case it's a scammer / douchebag, but from my personal experience, i've scored some solid deals on great equipment through that site

Go for it. I got an AC15 and while I was there the guy at the music store (son of owner) said that he always seemed to end up on the AC10. I have also got an american special tele that was mint condition second hand for significantly cheaper than new and have seen it at prices that low frequently.

Only thing is, I prefer my prs se standard 245...

why do people differentiate the two. they're literally the same

Not sure if serious...

playing style is totally different tbh

Get a Danelectro! The ones they're making now are absolutely amazing.

I have a thinline telecaster and that thing is great. Nice tone, fast neck, and versatility to playing different sort of stuff. Combine it with a nice tube amp like a Princeton Reverb '65 reissue or Deluxe Reverb and it'll do you nice.

If it's your first electric guitar I'd recommend combing Craigslist. A lot of people pick up equipment, try it for a while, and realize it's not for them. There is usually an abundance of Mexi Strats. If you're new to electric guitars, I think that's a great entry guitar as well. But I dunno, I'm just a sucker for Fender twang. Plus they are lighter than Gibsons which always felt like wearing an anchor on your neck.

The Classic Vibe series is the best you can get around 400. There are tons of reviews on youtube and online. I have the CV Strat and it plays and sounds really nice. Lots of reviews say they are better than American versions.

Teles are great too. The twangy bridge pickup really makes it stand out. But you can really play anything on it. Led Zeppelin recorded their first album with it and the solo to Stairway.

youtube.com/watch?v=5EieHafkHbU

i'm out for the evening but was fun talking gear with you gents. peace and love, anons. have a good night

Check out the Guitar threads on Sup Forums too

>going on Sup Forums literally ever
They just tell each other that they have shitty opinions.

That is very true that's why I only go to the Guitar thread. Some anons post good info.

I love to pick sweep on my acoustic. Or tapping

>decide to check guitar thread of Sup Forums
>first post is "jews are not white"
Why am I not surprised?

The shit posting has increased since more people are looking to get an instrument for Christmas. Other than that the threads are pretty chill.

I'll recommend about the opposite of this guy () and say you should get the best amp you can afford and a guitar that's at least solid.
If you want a tele then get one, but your amp is where the tone is, so do not skimp on that.
A Twin Reverb is the classic tone combination for a Tele, but really any Fender amp with a 3-knob tone stack will sound wonderful.

I am not kidding now, suzuki started making guitars,and they make em good.
Standard models as strat and telecaster are top quality.
I bought telecaster cuz i was on a low budget at a time and i don't regret a bit. The sound is the closest thing u will get for a telecaster copy amd the body is good too.i speak for the natural model, but they have sunburst too.
The only thing is,but that may be the case for this particular guitar i got,the 6th E string was touching the neck even on the 5th fret,but nothing that a simple set up couldn't get rid of.
Again, if u search for quality for small amount of money, u wont get better than this.
(c-giant as a copy is also good and even cheaper, but i honestly recomend suzuki stl2)

I dropped 660 on an American Standard Telecaster on craigslist and it was the best investment I've made in quite a while. I definitely suggest looking at Craigslist you can save a lot of money just don't be an idiot and get your jenkies zoinked by some craigslist ad rapist

>1963 Gibson on Craigslist
?
chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/msg/5918286912.html