Maybe this isn't the place for this kinda shit but whatever

Maybe this isn't the place for this kinda shit but whatever.

I'm freshman college student who lives with his parents rent free, despite me wanting to just out of principle. I play video games, mix music and work 30 hours a week on top of going to class full time.

My first semester just ended and of the 4 classes I signed up for I only passed one. Call me stupid, call me retarded it fine I'm used to it. The plan is to retake the ones I failed to have them off my GPA and keep my scholarships and financial aid.

After being seen email on the danger of me losing financial aid and my scholarships I was texted by my mother asking me if I got it, understood it, knew what I had to do in order for me to keep my scholarships and shit, blah blah blah.

I come home form work late, (I close pretty much every night) and my father is waiting for me at the door. I thing nothing of it because he's usually the last one to sleep anyway. He stops me from going to my room and tells me because I didn't do so well last semsetr he wants me to pack up all my things: My TV, My Laptop, My Wii U, and Mixer; into a box and put in storage until my GPA improves. He also wanted me to no longer go to the weekly gaming events I go to every Monday.

Now the reason I'm writing this and venting to a bunch of faggots on the internet is because there aren't many people IRL I can tell about this kinda thing.

The reason why I am here is because I'm not sure about the legal status of something like this, mostly because of all those things I listed, every one of them I had purchased with the money I make from my job. In that sense they have no legal right to my belongings nor things that I will have to pay off (My Car, Student Loans), But it gets tricky when it comes to tendency.

My parents have refused to accept rent form me even though I have expressed multiple times I would have to pay rent/mortgage eventually and I might as well start now. They instead insist I keep my money and save it
cont.

Either stay under their rules whIle you live there, or get out. I choose to get out and they withdrEw helping me with college, so I dropped out.

You still there user? You still wanting serious advice?

>Forgive my spelling errors this going to be a while.

Now my folks are decent people, working respectable jobs and know the value of hard work and education, but outside of that their morals are spotty. Lying about events where me and my siblings have experienced her break our possessions, one sided rules & and other shit.

cont.

*tenancy

Yeah

Yh yh without being rude; you don't need to give us your life story. It's a relatively straightforward issue but obviously talking about it is the best way to overcome most issues

Okay so a few questions from me.

What do you study at college?
Do your parents cook you meals that they pay for?
Are you an only child?
Is your dad reasonable or an asshole?

Tl;dr My parents are fucking crazy liberal nutjobs that believe Trump is Satan and I need advice on how to stand up to them.

Also did both of your parents go to college?

Is this the same user?

1. Applied Science with a focus on Programming

2. Usually, but have been eating out on purpose when they can to spite me

3. No, one younger brother and one younger sister.

4.He's an asshole who everyone thinks is reasonable,

5. Yep

realistically would it be easier to bust out a miserable semester than to try to move out?

you can win this other ways

user, your parents aren't wrong. I tried to work, fuck around, and do school full time my first semester too. It didn't go well for me. I'm still picking up the pieces. In order to start fixing things, I had to quit EVERYTHING besides school and only once a had my priorities in order begin adding back my life. You need to do the same, and your parents are trying to help, albeit in an annoying and authoritarian way I'd have complained about too. Either accept it, get good at school, and get your shit back in due time, or move out, but even if you move out you're probably going to be dropping off the gaming significantly. Welcome to adulthood.

As pathetic as this sounds, the events I couldn't go to would kill me the most. I love hanging out with the people that have the same interest me and giving that up for some asshole who does almost the same thing except twice as much.

>giving that up for some asshole who does almost the same thing except twice as much is fucked up

fuck my grammar man

They're also your biggest time killer. You spend an entire evening every week playing games with friends. Fun, but your life is busy. You're working nearly full time and going to school I assume full time. You don't have time to devote a whole day to gaming every week. I know how it is, I tried to do the same thing with my D&D group and it was just too much time commitment.

i feel it completely. it's the fucking worst. if it's worth it to you tell them to fuck off. i'd have done it years ago if i wasn't sitting on a fat stack of cash in 20 years when my parents die.

hah you think thats bad? try being a 24 year old unemployed college expulsion on a "technicality" so that they could "racially balance" the school because there were more whites than minorities(side note, now its 89 percent nigger and 5 percent mexican). my gpa was 4.2 YET got my financial aid rejected for POOR GRADES. just beacause I didnt pick a bunch of misc. BULLSHIT classes that had NOTHING to do with my major. Since then I am now 10k plus in debt in student loans, jobless, no one will fucking hire me because of the god damn loan and college fucking me over and now I live with my parents who fight CONSTANTLY and vent everything on me as if Im a fucking marriage counselor but if I get frustrated I get my ass nagged for not having the right to be frustrated since I am living their rent free. If I could get fucking work I would move out in a god damned heart beat, but even mcfuckingdonalds wont hire me. at this point i might as well find a damn cave and live in the woods.

I agree with it, in fact I was thinking about dropping it all off 2 days before the semester started. But my Ftaher wants all that stuff packed away and in storage BY THE END OF THE WEEKEND. The semester doesn't for another month.

>I agree with it, in fact I was thinking about dropping it all off 2 days before the semester started. But my Father wants all that stuff packed away and in storage BY THE END OF THE WEEKEND. The semester doesn't start for another month.

Holy shit fuck my Grammar

Parents suck. Unfortunately, you really have no recourse. My only suggestion to you would be to try to calmly talk to your dad, explain that intention, and see if he'll let you put the stuff in storage when the semester starts instead of sitting around bored for a month. If not, well, you tried. Just don't be a dick about it. Telling him how unfair this is is a sure way to make him say no to anything you ask. If he does say no, well, take up a new hobby. Start whittling or target shooting or something.

Yea you're living under their roof "my house my rules" and unfortunately until you prove to your parents that you can be responsible enough to maintain a good GPA then they will not take you seriously when you confront them. My suggestion to you is to start looking for ways to improve yourself without distractions around so that when you finish college you can just flip both of them off and buy their house off the court house steps when they fail to make a mortgage payment and tell your dad to pack up the tv and bluray player until he can afford the mortgage.

Or just stop being a giant pussy and speak up, tell your parents to suck your dick and move out; get like 4 roomates in a bad part of town and split the rent you'll be fucking your life up in no time OP