When will we get the third installment in the autism trilogy?

when will we get the third installment in the autism trilogy?

Valhalla Rising was the first installment. Refn actually considers those three films a trilogy.

?

>tfw drive is just a rip off of the driver

plae beyond the pines was the 2nd movie

Is it though.

>autism trilogy
Top kek.

already did

Read into it. It's about masculinity.

They are all pretty decent movies. I feel like Some movies used to bore me, but in the past couple of years I've started paying more attention to what's going on on screen. You need to watch and think, imagine yourself in the situation, reflect on the themes and meanings in movies compare them with real life. This is what helped me enjoy a lot of older films and movies like vahalla rising and drive.

2017 Blade Runner 2 :)

Also, the best of the three movies.

idiot

the driver is a remake of le samourai
the driver inspired a book
drive is an adaptation of that book with obvious references to the driver and le samourai

it's not a rip-off, it's a remake

>the driver is a remake of le samourai
i guess it's time to watch Le Samourai

been putting that one off, but i love The Driver. how similar are they?

They're both really bad.

dang. i didn't know it was possible to hate The Driver. it's such a slick movie.

don't believe
the driver is really good
le samourai is a masterpiece of masculine cinema
also, see it as a study of loneliness

haven't seen the driver but it's very similar to drive's entry level "film buff" pleb bait style, just without the neon meme

okay so what i'm understanding from this post is
>it's a good movie, although accessible
does that sound about correct, translated from memespeak? not sure if you speak english, so sorry if you can really only communicate in memes

Why do people call tbis movie autistic?

lol

Then Drive inspired Hotline Miami, and so it goes

What is it about drivers that is so cool? Also thinking about taxi driver

the protag is autistic

its already a trilogy shithead

maybe try saying something about the film instead of its place in your weird hierarchy of Sup Forums accepted meme categories

there is nothing to "access"
but people who want to be seen as well versed in film will say it's good (or rather use some other buzzword that they think makes them sound more sophisticated such as "contemplative" or to quote from this thread "a study of loneliness" fucking lmao) because it's in the criterion collection with other masterpieces such as lena dunham's feature film

Le Samourai is not in the Criterion collection

refusing to use the commonly accepted local lingo for no reason is another classic case of fedora tipping pseudointellectualism that is associated with these socially undesirable "film buff" types

"a study of loneliness" is a quote from the director about what the film is intended to be. and it fucking is, it's the story of a psychotic man leading an isolated, anonymous big city life, adhering to the fucking samurai codex and dying for it. if you didn't get that you must be THICC

>being a cuck
>masculinity

??

Holy sweet jesus I still regret watching that second movie. It was the biggest waste of time ever.

>for no reason
because it's a vernacular that actively supports reductionism

i feel that blade runner 2 might be gos in his most autistic role yet

especially if he's playing a replicant

it's also going to look really good as drive and ogf did

I was reading a interview with Refn, and he was saying that his plan had been either to film The Neon Demon or a Tokyo movie, and went with TND because his wife didn't feel like living in Tokyo at that time.

So we may get a cool hypercolorful Refn Tokyo movie next.

Hopefullly with Gosling vs. yakuza, and lots of qts. and atmospheric scenes taking place in pachinko arcades and strange cafes, and car chases involving dekotora

Usually people talk in memespeak to try to be funny. Sometimes they are. You just sound obnoxious.

It was only an hour and thirty minutes. Couldn't have been that much of a waste of time.