Eternal /got/ general

Other urls found in this thread:

watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-cast-visits-irc-refugee-programs-greece-calls-eu-action/
twitter.com/GameOfThrones/status/748535501276123138
twitter.com/theIRC/status/748883126064074752
youtube.com/watch?v=SD40ECaQMYk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Azor Jon

At least you're not hiding it's a tripfag thread

Will he finally realize Cerseis a cunt, leave to be Lord of the Westerlands and take Brienne with him? Or will D&D try to writer some edgy downer ending for Jaime?

>omniscient

Now tell me, why use a trip to make the thread, then drop the trip to post the link to it in the other thread?

cos some people have me filtered and wouldnt see the link

Why not just never use a trip in the first place?

Post best S6 memes

i like talking to people i recognize and i thought maybe you guys would too

Azor Maisie!

#

I think Bran's sight makes him an obvious choice to be making huge decisions but I think he'd be a better fit in that advisor role than as a ruler for a lot of the reasons he would be a good ruler, as weird as that sounds.

A lot of Jon's terrible tactical decisions are regarded as being very northern in their ferocity and passion by other northmen. He's battle hardened. He's treats the northern lords fairly. Most importantly he can produce an heir. I think Jon's probably the better pick as a northern leader than Bran, but if Bran designs to undermine him there wouldn't be much Jon could do about it.

Stannis is alive and will return next season :)

How would he annoy the shit out of everyone on Earth and get the attention daddy never gave him otherwise?

Nobody gives a fuck about you your opinion or your life. Just kill yourself you reddit tier cuck.

It really, really is. It's been an absolute revolving door for weeks now.

>Bran can't be King because he can't have produce an heir
That doesn't change the line of succession, and not only can a King name whatever heir he wants, and even if he was simply Lord of Winterfell, the line of succession does not end as long as he has living relatives.

>Yeah but he's a cripple and cannot ride into battle
Plenty of lords have have not been able to ride with their bannermen for various reasons. That doesn't stop them from being lord. Plus he has a major advantage that no other human on earth has, in that he has access to all the world's knowledge and can see events that happened thousands of years in the past and anywhere on the planet regardless of distance. Maybe even the future too.

>Yeah but if he's so special, why should he be bothered to settle mundane day to day things that a king is responsible for.
No king in history of Westeros has been able to handle everything themselves. That's they name Hands. And Bran's powers make him uniquely suited to to handle all sorts of problems typical kings cannot. If peasents or nobleman come to him with a dispute, he can serve as an eye witness no matter where the dispute took place. He can also go back and see how previous people handled things like growing enough food to get through long winters, he can go back and learn how to fucking make valyrian steel, even if you don't believe he will be able to see the future, he can go back and track his enemies throughout their entire lives to see what they are planning.

>yeah but he can't have kids.

“Yoren wiped his fingers on his vest. “There’s hard news, m’lords, and a cruel way to pay you for your meat and mead, but the man as asks the question must bear the answer. Stark’s gone.”
One of the other men said, “The Old Bear sent him out to look for Waymar Royce, and he’s late returning, my lord.”
“Too long,” Yoren said. “Most like he’s dead.”
“My uncle is not dead,” Robb Stark said loudly, anger in his tones. He rose from the bench and laid his hand on the hilt of his sword. “Do you hear me? My uncle is not dead!” His voice rang against the stone walls, and Bran was suddenly afraid.
Old sour-smelling Yoren looked up at Robb, unimpressed. “Whatever you say, m’lord,” he said. He sucked at a piece of meat between his teeth.
The youngest of the black brothers shifted uncomfortably in his seat. “There’s not a man on the Wall knows the haunted forest better than Benjen Stark. He’ll find his way back.”
“Well,” said Yoren, “maybe he will and maybe he won’t. Good men have gone into those woods before, and never come out.”
All Bran could think of was Old Nan’s story of the Others and the last hero, hounded through the white woods by dead men and spiders big as hounds.
>He was afraid for a moment, until he remembered how that story ended. “The children will help him,” he blurted, “the children of the forest!”
Theon Greyjoy sniggered, and Maester Luwin said, “Bran, the children of the forest have been dead and gone for thousands of years. All that is left of them are the faces in the trees.

FEEL THE BERN

>GoTdrone call someone reddit

My warlock.

Put your trip back on faggot!

Its time to give it up

Under what circumstances?

to me this sounds like it should be the other way around honestly. the person who is objectively more intelligent and qualified should be the one calling the shots at the end of the day, and be advised by those who have more experience in niche areas like battle strategy etc. Bran is also, in both book in show canon, presented as a promising young leader and was praised for it several times by Luwin and Ser Rodrik. The only real point against him is that he's a cripple, which again, is why advisors in the physical areas such as battle would be appropriate.

i guess this is a pointless argument to get in to though because we all know Jon is going to stay king permanently.

What's worse? Tripfagging or people repeating the same identical posts of "Azor Jon", "IN THE DUSTY MESSA", "First for Kinvara" bullshit so they're recognized instead? Why do we tell tripfaggots to fuck off but accept the latter? They're all attention whores, one way or another.

These are arguments why Bran would be a good ruler but they aren't definitive. When I look at these points I don't see a King of Winter, I see the best possible advisor one could have.

If anything, Bran should become a permanent fixture of the Winterfell godswood and guide the Kings in the North for the rest of time.

yooooooooooooo

>the prophet

(farts)

I dont understand why you think someone who would make a perfect advisor wouldnt be a great ruler.

>When I look at these points I don't see a King of Winter

well i mean, confirmation bias

Give what up?
I assume he is riding south with a huge army, has reupped with Brienne after convincing her to let him live, and will press his claim to the throne at king's landing :)

He will probably btfo Dany and be the king at the end of the story if I had to guess too. Dany will turn out to be the main antagonist and Stannis will be the lawful man we never knew we needed until it was too late. He will save us though, he is a just king. :)

What's this from?

Season 5 episode 3

please post the picture comparing jonsafags before and after episode 9

>being this delusional

No.

I definitely agree in as much as Jon will be the more popular choice amongst the Northern lords, and if he can be King and listen to Bran's advice then so much the better. But that creates the potential for problems, in that if Jon is King, his is the last word. He can defy Bran if he sees fit. A King is not beholden to their advisors, even if the advisors are in the right. Catelyn gave Robb good advice when she advised him not to send Theon to the Iron Islands, but he did it anyway and it screwed him over royally. Obviously Bran's advice should carry more weight, but what happens if Bran tells Jon something he absolutely cannot bear to hear? What if Jon thinks Bran's vision is wrong (if since we are operating under the notion that Bran's visions are not infallible). Putting a middle man between Bran and the realm really does nothing but create the possibility for something bad to happen.

>the person who is objectively more intelligent and qualified should be the one calling the shots at the end of the day

Exactly what happened in Dorne.

Definitely Tripfagging it screams
>oh look at me and how different I am notice me because I have a trip

At least Jon, Kinerva and all that other posting is fun. Tripfags are shit

>spam is fun
this is the mentality that has ruined this board

Indeed my brother

>tfw these hacks are making us wait almost two years to see the rightful King again

If I were kind you'd be my hand and you'd jack me off. Faggot.

It's a refference to Overwatch blizzards new FPS

thanks!
fuck you

im not really remembering what your referring to but the implication is that the most intelligent person shouldnt be the one making decisions? is that right?

Overwatch.
That's a pretty good one.

how does stannis beat dany and her 3 dragons?

So why would Jaimie actually care about her blowing up the sept? If I recall properly he wanted to purge all the sparrows himself. I'm not sure he would really care about the death of the Tyrells or a bunch of faceless nobles either.

>not having all of those things filtered

who implied those literal no lives aren't almost as bad as tripfags?

what will happen to based Edmure ?

How will she defend herself against the largest invasion force in the history of Westeros?

Tyene a cute.

>implying those are the same person

This image sums up why I like Jon and not Dany. I agree they're both shallow compared to the other characters but this is what it boils down to.

watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-cast-visits-irc-refugee-programs-greece-calls-eu-action/

I got the GoT cast so much.

They're such great humanitarians.

I'm thinking about donating some money to my local refugee assistance program.

I don't know, that's why he's the military mastermind! :)

He grinds his teeth into dust and then blows the tooth-dust into the dragon's nostrils.

LORD OF THE VALE AND WARDEN OF THE EAST

it is, you can tell by the autistic file names

She wont, shes going to fuck some shit up and before Daenerys takes the city shes probably going to ask Jaime to kill her or something

twitter.com/GameOfThrones/status/748535501276123138

twitter.com/theIRC/status/748883126064074752

Lovely!

Just think of Bran v Jon as King in the North like the matrix. Bran's got access to a crazy powerful base of knowledge but is physically infirm and incapable of producing an heir. Sure, you want him making decisions but how can you be sure he'll stay grounded when his experience is so much other than human? You'd need someone to ground him, to make him paletable to the people he has to actually rule. You need someone recognizable as something familiar to you and how you understand a ruler to be. Anything too alien and the north would reject it. Jon, and further Kings in the North as middle men, would be essential to northerners accepting the benefits of the system.

P R E S T O N

your use of that word triggers me

>reminder that jonsa is normie shit

Where does the Matrix come in, friend?

Cool.

The matrix was a perfect paradise but humans sensed something was off and rejected it until it was made familiar enough to them that they'd accept it.

>Unella gets mad because of what happened with young queen
>berserk mode activated
>breaks free from fetters
>fights with Zombie like a wild animal
>destroys him
>smacks shoked Cersei
>goes to Septa's ruins
>mourns Margaery
>sacrifices herself for the power of The Seven and brings back Lady ThornsHeart

you're cool

Sophie on Jonsa:

>"I feel like Jon and Sansa would be strange, especially because isn’t it considered not legitimate if you haven’t consummated the marriage? I really don’t think either of them would be particularly up for that. It would be very difficult."

Sophie on CIA x Sansa:

>"There's definitely room for those two to build on this relationship that they have and I think their trust with each other is going to get stronger and stronger. He betrayed her once I don’t think he’ll do it again after the scolding that she gave him. So we shall see, but I think they’d be a good little duo, a dangerous duo but a good duo."

Reminder that Sophie thinks Jonsa is trash and prefers CIA x Sansa together, even if it's not romantically.

>Davos starting at Maisie's tits

First character to act rationally.

You're quite friendly for a Stannis poster. I'll let you keep dreaming but the truth is D&D hate Stannis and would never bring him back.

so, what youre saying is, bran is the better leader, and should be the puppetmaster behind the scenes while jon is the figurehead

What are they such fucking cucks?

>>"I feel like Jon and Sansa would be strange, especially because isn’t it considered not legitimate if you haven’t consummated the marriage? I really don’t think either of them would be particularly up for that. It would be very difficult."
jonsa autists on suicide watch

Because Jaime isnt edgy faggot.

People are desperate to come up with reasons why Jaime's character is "developing". He probably won't give two shits about the sept, if his past behaviour is any indication.

After he promised Edmure a stay in Castamere with his family, then proceeded to dump him into a Frey cell after he had served his purpose it's pretty much clear to me he learned nothing from his father and isn't changing in the slightest.

Thanks, you too.

>and be advised by those who have more experience in niche areas like battle strategy etc.
Honestly, would he even need advisors? At least within the show canon, we have been presented with concrete proof that Bran can go back in time and literally scramble peoples minds and make them bend to his will in the present. Dany and the Sneks marching on Winterfell? go back to fifteen minutes before decided to attack, warg Dany and have Meera shout "KILL YOURSELF."

No battle strategy needed, and not a single Northern life lost.

Bran would be the better ruler but Jon would be the better leader.

Bran's also basically immortal now and that has a huge potential to go sideways in a hurry.

So its pretty much guaranteed Jaime is going to kill Cersei. but do you think its going to be like a murder suicide pact after it looks like Kings Landing is going to be taken? Also do you guys think theres any way Jaime is going to survive till the end?

>implying someone care about fat eternal anglo opinion.

What a beautiful story it could be.

Great cause, but these are like hostage videos

i hope it's like this

youtube.com/watch?v=SD40ECaQMYk

except cersei goes full mad queen and says burn them all instead of "aint that picture look dusty"

>that
>fat
fuck off jesus

>So its pretty much guaranteed Jaime is going to kill Cersei. but do you think its going to be like a murder suicide pact after it looks like Kings Landing is going to be taken?

That's my assumption. Any more interesting theories?

>incapable of producing an heir.
Your argument is good, but can we please drop this part of it. It honestly does not matter. Has long as their are living Starks, Winterfell will legally pass to someone, regardless of whether or not Bran produces an heir. What's more, if Bran was King, he can literally declare anyone his heir. It could be Jon's kids, Sansa's kids or Moonboy for all it matters.

>Bran's also basically immortal now

no more than bloodraven was, who was only still alive because his physical body had grown into a tree. bran could die at any point and will live the standard length of life if he doesnt attach to a heart tree right before his old body wastes away

>that has a huge potential to go sideways in a hurry.

ok now youre just making shit up, leave the goalposts where they are please

It's a closed loop. Anyone who hasn't had their brain scrambled by the present can't have it scrambled retroactively. However, if Dany gets her brain scrambled tomorrow, you'll know that Bran went back to tomorrow from a time far in the future for a reason. If Bran is presented with a problem in the present, he can't go back and scramble their brains to change the setting leading to the thing that is already happening.

Yeah, he'll trigger some wildfire cache under the Red Keep, shit will start blowing up and fires spreading everywhere.

In the panic, Jaime will calmly get to Cersei, choke the life out of her after kissing her. Go get the White Book and start writing out the good shit he'd done as the Red Keep burns and collapses around him.

>it's not fat
Thumblr, please.

Daenerys will rule Westeros, but not from the Iron Throne. This is the only reasonable endgame.

The lore of A Song of Ice and Fire is full of epic wars and kings and queens and conquerors of destiny. But it's implicit in the fact that this story is the one being told (as well as in its details) that this story is the "big one" - the one that will truly shape the fate of the world. Daenerys, or anybody else, simply ending up on top when it's all over and resuming business as usual from the Iron Throne doesn't mesh with that fact. The outcome of the saga needs to be bigger than that. It has to be both climactic and cathartic. It can't be merely a return to normal, it has to be a significant transformation.

The Iron Throne represents the cyclical evil of Westeros - it's the Throne in the Game of Thrones. It's the status quo. Daenerys (and Jon Snow) represent the opposite of that. They can't just win the game, that's not big enough - they have to transcend it.

They have to destroy the Throne, figuratively and literally.

post your pic and timestamp let's see how in shape you are kek