What are some intelligent criticisms for the UC?

What are some intelligent criticisms for the UC?

Other urls found in this thread:

manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
youtube.com/watch?v=3DrtXthS7bA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anything you agree with

I guess I didn't dig the Lex Luthor unstable motive. I wished he were more like in his introduction scene manipulating that man into giving him access to the ship and zods body.

If someone gives valid criticism, it'll just get ignored in favor of perpetuating the pretense that this film is great. Why bother anymore?

manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/

Smartest criticism I've found.
see

Lex's motive for what?
More like the other way around.

Tell me...

Do you bleed?

the central conceit of bvs is about "falling" and the process through which characters rise up again.

top of my head
you'd have to argue that the ideas aren't seen through to the end.
argue that the characters aren't depicted in this lens
argue that scenes aren't constructed in ways that lead to definitive contributions to the themes

Sup Forums is telling my i'm posting spam so i can't elaborate. sorry

What did they mean by this?

it's boring. good movies cant be boring.

boring is subjective

I didn't find it boring, so does that make it a good movie?

>BvS
>boring
Is this a 'things plebs say' thread?

Wayyyyyyyyyyyy too many handheld close-ups.

It's maddening.

are there really people that unironically like this steaming piece of shit?

the title sequence presents its thesis in the form of bruce's dream after which the movie presents the context in which the ideas of the thesis are to be explored; black zero. to criticize the movie, you'd have to examine the character arcs in relation to what bruce says in the voiceover in that first dream. there's no way you can argue that bruce's arc is isn't thematically consistent as the justice league synopsis proves everyone right, check the early discussion threads if you really want to see how on the money those people were. examine the extent to which the main characters are or aren't explorations of the thesis, and explain the end to which your findings are used within the movie

user, forgive them, for they know not what they do.

> it's fucking nothing

You're dumb and out of touch if you didn't like it.

none. its literally perfect
im buying it in bluray even though i downloaded because it was just THAT good that I feel the need to support the sales. snyder fucking NAILED it with this one. wow

But the opposite is true.

I literally just got done watching it for the first time and came looking for a thread. This is the first comment I really agree with, and I am not even sure why.

I liked Ben Afleck as Batman, but didn't favor his interactions with Alfred that much. For being an "older" Batman, I feel like it was only at the end of the film he was really grown up to be the Batman I really expect. This is great for future films, but didn't benefit the bulk of this movie.

Love Amy Adams, but didn't like Lois Lane in this movie.

Felt that Superman giving out one single comment to the press about his origin and that he is trying to live up to the ideals our country was founded on would be enough to quash a lot of criticism. He literally could say, "I am not one of you, but I will strive to be a hero for you.", and that would do a lot.

Parry (?) was engaged in a lot more yellow journalism attitude in this movie. Made me like the character less than I did in MoS.

The entire bullshit with the Senate working Superman over should have been mostly addressed by his working with the military in the first movie. The chick Senator actually seemed to have ideals, but she really didn't have motivation for going after Superman other than "democracy". This is particularly ridiculous since the U.S. government literally handed Superman (with his cooperation) over to Zod in the first film on a platter.

Zod was interesting, and fight was ok, but it didn't even hit Ultron fight levels of excitement. I am really not sure why this bothered me so much, but there was just something lackluster about it.

Wonder Woman really just feels like they put her in to form connections. Lois Lane could have been used to do the same thing with very little story change. Also, she seemed extremely powerful. I am not familiar with her lore, but she was almost on tier with Superman. This felt like an appeal to the SJW's of "look at our strong female character". And flying, really?

Sorry, meant for as well.

cont..
Her seemingly flying was annoying because if I remember correctly, doesn't she have some kind of flying jet? I am fine if she doesn't because that is the biggest thing about the comics to clash with her Amazonian Princes theme, but I really didn't think she could actually fly. Am I wrong on this?

I must be the only one who really liked the post-apocalyptic scene and was happy to see a bit more of that setting. I'd love an entire movie set there. So tired of rehashes of origin stories or poorly translated comics. Give us something new with the IP.

Holy shit, right? I thought that would be awesome too. The freakin' flying bug alien things and the pillars of fire alone were enough to make that scene amazing. I didn't get who was trying to talk to him from the future, though.

There were versions of her that can fly yes. But this version can just jump high and has superstrength. You have to know she's basically a magical being considering she's a demigoddess. Some people would argue that she's actually stronger than Superman because magic is one of his weaknesses and she's also a skilled warrior which Superman isn't.

>Ultron fight levels of excitement
?????????

Honestly I've never felt any gravitas in any of the Marvel movies. It's kind of hard taking the Marvel fights seriously when they keep throwing jokes in.

> I didn't get who was trying to talk to him from the future, though.

The Flash. He's like the resident time traveler in DC.

Seems like Superman was trying to lead by example. The Senate thing was caused by what happened in Africa, try to pay attention.

i hate inspiring speeches honestly. and i hate every speech everyone's ever written for superman.

bruce's moment at clark's funeral is okay for me because its a personal moment where he tells someone of his new mindset

besides. as time goes on, it becomes harder and harder to make some wide appealing point. the simple moment between clark and his father is great because it is a sort of logical end point, you can't control everything, and there'll always be consequences. its a bittersweet place of peace. shit, there are uhhh bible passages that give ideas like this

I used the Ultron fight as an example of the worst of the MCU end fights so far. BvS wasn't even that exciting. The prefight with just Batman and Superman was a little more exciting, really.

The Senate thing was not called because of what went on in Africa. That may have catalyzed events, but you don't really think they got a witness from the village, gathered their evidence, and convened a Senate hearing all in the space of a few days, do you? I mean, the Senate hearing was on before Lois Lane even had her bullet story completed. I think the entire movie takes place over a week or so.

Shit, we are still holding Benghazi hearings, and that was five years ago. I know "movies don't follow real life rules", but if the Africa thing was the sole reason for these hearings then the movie took a lot of liberties with timeframes. Besides, has there ever really been a major investigation in the US when a bunch of brown or black people were killed?

>people hated ANY of the action scenes
best fights in cape

I was most impressed with the scene when the two cops enter the building and the one discovers batman. The way they made him seem to drift along the ceiling more like smoke than man was probably more impressive than most of the fight scenes. Watching the BvS fight was fun, though.

So you didn't pay attention...

They had the African woman come in to give her side of the story as to what happened, which was part of compiling evidence, thus note Finch saying "let the re cord show that..."

It wasn't til the wheelchaiir guy came to Finch and asked to face Superman that the Senate thing was arranged.

Why didn't Superman just give Wonder Woman the spear?

thanks senpai
I must have used wrong word. Not motive, but I didn't understand why he was practically unstable. I understand his hate for Superman but breaking down because he couldn't form a thank you speech at a party was a bit weird for a Lex Luthor character.

she was a little busy

Here's a better question, why should I watch a longer version of a movie when the core issues will still be there?
Lex Luthor still won't be cold and calculating, Superman as a reporter will still be surprised about the name martha, baby doomsday will still be in it.

none of those things amount to actual criticism, superman movie or otherwise

>Superman as a reporter will still be surprised about the name martha

You mean Batman?

Anyway, I don't really get the hate, sure it wasn't exactly high point point of the movie, but what was he supposed to say? "save me mum m8"? "Save Martha Kent, my adoptive mother from Kansas"? No, he just said save Martha and Batman, for not beaing exactly stable about his family got triggered.

The fact that they still used glasses and gel as perfect disguise for Superman is bigger issue for me.

Stop forcing thing down people's throat, like the Justice League. You have a great set of heros, play it slow, people would rather pay good money for 3-4 good Superman and Batman movies and then a JL movie, rather than 3 bad experimental movies.

Make Superman are more knight in shinning armor, he is supposed to represent hope, leave most of the gridy stuff for Batman. Save gridy Superman moments for when he's really being put down. Those really give the sense of Superman being defeated/depressed.

Just stop with the "what if the DCU was put in our reality", it's fiction for a reason. It's ok to tie it into reality, but nobody wanna watch a 3 hour movie of Fox News: Superman.

Know it's too late, but Gal Gadot's wonder woman is not a good wonder woman. You need a character that people can like and recognize easily, wonder woman is a female american symbol in a way, easily likeable.

Bring Deathstroke, black face and Bane on the big screen, and no, with the cinematic universe you have, you do not need to alter these characters.

Bring back Doomsday but with the classic menacing design, you have a great opportunity to redeem one of the strongest villains in the DCU, you dont need to make him a final boss, you can have him as a opening boss where both die(opportunity missed ik), and have the story of JL dealing without Superman.

Let Nolan in charge more, he knows how to make meaningful capeshit without catering to manchilds

They should have cut the "future-whatever" desert and Flash scene. It's dumb and unnecessary.

They should have cut the flash/aquaman/cyborg completely. And have Bruce just tell WW at the end that he found information on other metahumans in the files.

They should have cut the motherfucking Lois Lane throwing the spear into the water.

Basically those are my only major concerns.

>but Gal Gadot's wonder woman is not a good wonder woman.
I disagree. You may dislike her physique; she could be more bulky, but her portrayal of WW was pretty great.

The accent was also fine. Fuck Ancient Greeks/Scythians speaking flawless English American.

Also, let Batfleck work on Batman movies, Nolan would do wonders, but I think giving Affleck the Batman movies is a good since he seem to care a lot about the character.

Shut the fuck up.

There wasn't any female nudity. There wasn't enough WW violence.

nah

superman wasn't gridy in bvs user.
you don't think superman being subjected to an explosion at a public appearance is him getting really put down? okay
defeated? depressed? interesting. your insights make me wonder why superman went off alone in bvs

but some of us like the thought experiment of what if this was all real, what would actually happen. you got the cartoons and other media, why repeat those things.
its interesting you talk about news when there was only one scene of actual tv pundits while the rest of the movie had little bits of news coverage of what was going on in the city

>black face
not familiar with that character

doomsday had the classic design

he's not one of the strongest villians in dc. just a really well known one

That the film's too high brow for most critics and film goers

Black mask*
Sorry

Also, Doomsday is one of the strongest villains in the DCU, one of the few to actually kill supes, and no, he did not have a similar design to the classic doomsday.

For the "why repeat what cartoons and other media has already done", because it has worked, its what people like and its what made people originally wanna see Superman movies. Nolan already figured out a good universe for Batman, Snyder had yet to find one for his.

Snyder stop shooting dream sequences

It's still shit

how the fuck do you confuse MASK with FACE

uhhh, fuck off

yeah, that's not doomsday 'classic' design either
oh gee, looks like doomsday is just a big ugly grey thing with bone protrusions. damn. the movie got it right while actually pulling more out of the character, interestingly enough

because it worked? what does that even mean? i watched all of those things too, and i prefer this movie to all of that, for cutting the shit (if i may use that term) and playing it straight with their story.

snyder's approach to "how would the world react to superman/first alien contact" scenario is done well. there are various comics where writers took the superman archetype and explored it. all of them are more intense with the military factor than these movies have been, which have focused on clark's journey.

you're not pointing out flaws, you're saying things are bad just because they are without any argument

Snyder, do whatever the hell you want to do, with terrio's blessing

Because I was thinking two-face and then remembered that it was Black mask, common brainfart, dont have to pee your pants about it.

Also your pic isnt even close to the doomsdays in the movie. You're so full of feelings and clearly loved the movie, I doubt any suggestion in this thread would get to you. Just because you liked something doesn't mean it was good, clearly. Since a majority disliked the Snyder movies.

Explained most of my points in the original post, no need to write an essay to explain why Eisenbergs Lex' wasn't a good Lex, for example. Just give key notes.

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Marvel Capekino" bullshit that's going on on Rotten Tomatoes right now. DC deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine Snyder capekino Ultimate Edition BluRay for $29.99 AU (that's about $22.48 US) and have been watching it for almost 2 days now.

Jack Snyder spent years working on a single capekino and edit it up to a million times to produce the finest superhero kino known to mankind.

BvS is thrice as sharp as Marvel shit and thrice as deep for that matter too. Anything a Marvel film can do, BvS can do better. I'm pretty sure BvS could easily bisect a shitty Marvel quipfest with a simple camera angle.

Ever wonder why Marvelcucks never bothered watching BvS ? That's right, they were too pleb to watch the masterful cinematography of Zack Snyder and his intrciate exploration of theology. Even before its release, redditors targeted the patricians with taste first because their opinion was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? BvS is simply the best superhero film that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better ratings on the Rotten Tomatoes system. Here is the rating I propose for BvS:

(Standard Edition)
85% Fresh Rating

(Ultimate Edition)
98% Fresh Rating

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cinematic power of BvS in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = BvS needs better ratings on Rotten Tomatoes, see my new review score

We didn't get any Amy nipple
kek

Reminder: we could have had a 3 hour Man of Steel Extended Edition including these scenes:

>A Scene showing the Clarks holding baby Clark
>Baby Clark taken to the hospital, letting out a scream which shatters all windows
>A longer oil rig rescue
>Extended scenes of Clark wandering after the oil rig rescue such as finding a stray dog
>A longer Superman/Zod conversation
>A longer Superman/Lois conversation
youtube.com/watch?v=3DrtXthS7bA

considering all that's happening in the vast majority of the movie is CGI wankery, you finding BvS "not boring" just means you're that special type of person who can be amused by special effects alone.

Hopefully Snyder releases a Extended Edition

Jimmy Olson, CIA got shot and killed. Anytime that happens the the government and the people get heavily involved. Also, the government was going to send a drone to wipe the evidence so they were bought off by Lex, so in reality the whole courthousr debacle was planned by Lex the whole time. The only thing he didn't intend on happening was the Senator not going along with his plans. So he killed her, along with everyone else to make it look bad on Supes. Even if they didn't believe he did it personally, they would blame him for not stopping it and for being the catalyst for it

I doubt it. Been years it has probably been deleted all the raw footage

what the fuck is the UC

Ultimate Cut you pleb

Ultimate Cuck

>assume Sup Forums's just memeing
>it really is kino

The problem with that scene is its objectively better than anything else in the movie, but its a fucking dream.

There's basically no way Snyder's superman could ever be anything but that type of evil god-emperor of humanity, as pa kent was that shitty a human being and did everything he could to make clark as shitty a person as him.

But of course, out of absolutely nowhere, clark starts talking about how hes trying to be a hero for the ghost of his father? When russel-El didn't exactly tell supes to be a hero either and when they jammed pa-kent back into the movie, hes right-the-fuck-back to his "don't help it causes problems" bullshit.

>i have a low attention span but it's not my fault

The point though is you have to have a really, really big problem (or a total asshole) to put superman in a position where he can't also deal with the consequences of his actions.

So that entire dad scene was just Costner, agaiin, trying to tell superman to be cynical.

You honestly going to sit there and argue that a sequel in which Superman becomes the ruler of Earth after going insane because of Lois Lane's death is a good direction to take the franchise?

holly hunter was head of a fucking superman committee. Implying hearings like that were a regular deal.

How did Lex know Superman couldn't see stuff through lead?

>pee pants
i...... bad vibes but....

i don't love the movie. i said that i PREFER this movie, to the rest of superman media
and i prefer certain comics that use the superman trope in an even more 'realistic' way than snyder has done so far ie characters that are named

you're not making suggestions, despite claiming that *i'm* full of emotions you're positing these assertions as if they're the only thing that's valid.

lol dude, just because you didn't like it doesn't mean its bad and a majority hasn't disliked the movies. man of steel was split only because of overreaction to some scenes. bvs has gotten a lot of asinine 'criticisms' as well.
i would never consider "dark" or "joyless" to be a valid criticism for ANY movie

classic lex, sees that superman has power that he doesn't, and sets out to bring him down
fuck off

This was to contrast the philosophies of Batman and Superman. Man of Steel established that it would take an entire city destroyed and thousands killed to snap a single neck, while Batman remorsefully will snap any neck he needs to.

>they would blame him for not stopping it and for being the catalyst for it
which happened not too long after

It is, you little nucapeshit queer.

The entire sequence was idiotic, that was the point. The first two hours of the movie are throwing out every possible contrivance to get superman and batman to fight, then basically everything that happens in the first two hours is ditched when lex gets the idea to just kidnap mom.

If superman wants to talk to a normal human, all superman has to do is hold him by the shoulders. The idea superman was fighitng bruce at all, at any point, was utterly ridiculous.

Then you have the fact batman, somehow decides to fight superman without actually learning a single goddamn thing about him apart from the information lex feeds him.

But that's what happens in Injustice and it is something we have never seen before on screen so yes that is a great decision.

yes. the injustice stuff is really interesting

Fuck yes, we have plenty of goody good superman movies. So fucking what if we get one where he's evil? It's give us am opportunity to see him fight the other members of the justice League which wilk be epic. It's also possible Darkseid can be controlling him somehow

sure, why not

you mean the jonathan kent that let clark know the impact his existence would have on the whole world? the jonathan kent that was not only interested in the safety of his immediate family or the community at large by the whole world? we that jonathan kent?

you mean the jonathan kent who said the exact opposite of what you're implying? oh you mean the jonathan kent that told clark to do his best since the only thing he can control is himself, that jonathan kent.

put it this way, its the only thematically consistent direction snyder's superman can go.

But, hey, no one has ever called zack snyder thematically consistent.

>trying to tell superman to be cynical
not at all
straight up just told clark that he can't control everything, so just do what you can.
there's nothing wrong with this

>the simple moment between clark and his father is great because it is a sort of logical end point, you can't control everything, and there'll always be consequences. its a bittersweet place of peace

It also ties in with and is a mirror of kals conversation with his biological dad in mos, about the hope that any person can be a force for the greater good.

they would keep Lex bald in Kino League but how are they gonna explain it? first it was prison, but hair grows tho

They didn't cut out the forced Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg cameos.

You can't cut out the Wonderwoman scenes

The wonder woman Spy kids theme that ruins the tone of the film

And what comes down to a fizzle of an ending and waste of multiple storylines, we have come to the revelation that we are 20+ years ahead of all the good Batman v Joker stuff and it is all going to be shit from here on out.

I mean the pa kent who said "you should've let the kids on the bus die" in MoS and "helping just causes more problems" in BvS.

Was there another?

>happens in the first two hours is ditched when lex gets the idea to just kidnap mom
the fuck is this bullshit. its the leverage needed to get superman to do that, nothing more

by your logic then the dark knight returns is 'utterly ridiculous' as well
hell, in that comic superman starts beating on bruce much quicker and with much much less incentive

everything that didn't make any sense still doesn't make any sense.

>play it slow
fuck off this isn't marvel

waiting LITERALLY 6-7 years for a finale is dumb

This. The entire movie is about Clark dealing with the consequences of his actions. He goes to his fortress of solitude to try to make sense of it all, and walks away from it with the idea that even the most heroic of deeds can have devastating consequences.

JONATHAN KENT can't control everything. Snyder had his version of the character, instead of recognizing that clark literally can do anything, do everything he could to pass on his type of impotent cynicism to a literal walking God.

But user, we already have 3-4 superman movies where he's a boyscout.

Yet it works.
Unlike SPLURGE YOUR LOAD IN ONE FILM

WHATS THAT AUDIENCE??!!

YOU CANT SWALLOW IT ALL????

TOO FUCKING BAD

DROWN IN OUR RANCID SEMEN

>yfw this scene in JL

>its okay because the comics did it worse

The point is there was literally no way to get snyder's superman to give a shit about batman. So the writer just gave up and had lex kidnap mommy.

After, of course, two solid hours of throwing out every possible contrivance to generate a legitimate conflict between batman and superman

Five.
And they are all better than GrimDark Snydersupes.

that's not what he said at all, at all
why are you acting high and mighty while deliberately misquoting the guy and his message

the guy is clearly uncomfortable when he says "maybe" then immediately softens his tone when he sees clark get more agitated and starts explaining the situation he NEVER suggests to clark that he *should* have let those kids drown. don't be facetious
>there's more at stake here than our lives or the lives of those around us. When the world... When the world finds out what you can do, it's gonna change everything

do these sound like the words of someone who doesn't care about anyone?

and the message in bvs to clark was that he can't foresee and prevent everything, but he has to do good anyway and not let himself get frozen by fear and doubt.

Lol whatever you say kid. I guess if you think flying around the world to travel back in time is just like, totally ok.