Probably flick of the year for us middlebrow types

Probably flick of the year for us middlebrow types.

Now out on torrents near you though can't vouch for quality.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rpRK1t-30L0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the best "horror" movie I've seen this decade

Have this picture I made some time ago, kinda related.

Straw dogs for filthy millennials is how I'd summarise it. Packs a punch, would recommend.

Was really underwhelming, I guess because the deaths didn't seem paced well. Was hoping the people in the room would be a bit more ingenious with their weapon choices. Those chemicals in the lab could have been thrown in people's faces. They could have ducktaped that knife to a pole to make a spear. etc etc

Yeah good point, you'd think a punk rock band would be on point with improvised weaponry. Not even the mike stand was used offensively, just defensively.

Also dogs felt flat, I guess it's extremely tough to shoot someone being realistically mauled by a dog, so they just disguised it with gore, but then the actor wasn't really struggling so gore felt flat... but that's just nit picks, the flick basically works and I struggle to recall a finer waste of 90 mintes in recent memory.

The Witch was better than this hipster jerkfest

>The Witch
>Not hipster
Lmao see that shit with a room of well adjusted neurotypicals who actually contribute to society and exist in the real world and they'll be shouting "POO POO" within 20 minutes.

The Witch is the very definition of a flick made by retards with no lives for retards for no lives. If you don't have something to prove to yourself due to some crippling flaw then there is literally no reason one would subject themself to The VVITCH.

Watch something that isn't made to stroke the ego of betas.
>I m-may be a perma-virgin with zero life skills but at least I have the reddit vetted "sophisticated" film taste. D-dumb plebs.

>The Witch grossed $8.8m on its opening weekend
>Green Room grossed $400k
what is hipster
what is autism
????????????

>>The Witch grossed $8.8m on its opening weekend
Because of a manipulative marketing campaign. Literally nobody other than autist "mubie buff" crowd liked it.

>Cinemascore C-

If mainstream audiences hate it then it's hipster non-neurotypical shit.

>I'll just ignore these excellent sales numbers and talk out of my ass

>Rotten Tomatoes audience rating 55% (also obviously weighted towards "film buff" autists since they are the primary people who use that site)
So I suppose if you dupe some people into seeing your unappealing trash then it is no longer hipster, even if everyone thinks it's shit.

you have ruined the meme you newfag

>NAZI PUNKS
>NAZI PUNKS
>NAZI PUNKS
>FUCK OFF
What did they mean by that

the witch was good so was green room

stop being a triggered little pleb because you didn't like a movie

it's a song by dead kennedys.

5/10 if you say otherwise you're a FAGGOT.

This happens any time any decent horror movie gets mentioned here. I'm convinced that most of this board is triggered by anything that's not normiecore horror

The Witch is trash

yeah this is the new It Follows, i.e. garbage

Friendly reminder their best album is Frankenchrist

Two entirely different movies and It Follows isn't even bad. Please go back to your cape threads.

>Hipster
You don't even know what defines this word if you think Green Room is anything but this.

Can we go ahead and start discussing why punk rock is the best sub genre of rock and roll? That's the only reason I come to these threads

So am i to believe that only 1 person out of 6 in a single room carries a cell phone? What the fuck is this bullshit. They could have grabbed a cell phone from anyone they killed.

you retards dont even realize you're only one rung above the capeshit manchildren

>one rung
>not the same rung
>t. horrorpleb

What's your MOTY, smart guy?

shit opinion, nerd

In that they're both very good movies?

They were a technophobic punk rock band in a neo nazi camp

It's not hard to imagine a lack of cell phones

>I can't appreciate middlebrow movies as well as obscure ones because it doesn't appeal to my ego and insecurities
Oh you're one of those.

It's 2016. Literally everyone has a cell phone, even nazi punks.

The ironic thing about that is the punk bands of the 70's and 80's would have killed for the mass communication systems we have in place today. They're only hurting themselves by staying off line.

Even if you're not in it for the money, you're still in it for the glory/music. By not putting yourself out on relying solely on word of mouth, you're not gonna get very far.

is the ghost of Anton Yelchin posting on Sup Forums or something? generic slasher.

>Scott Powers vs. the World with blood and guts

yeah, no thanks.

It's not a slasher dumb dumb.

What? Are you retarded?

>avant-slash

What? Please stop posting.

go back to /underworld/ Anton. no one cares about this generic hipster garbage.

You clearly haven't seen the movie.
>hipster
>>>r/capeshit

No, this is my home now

It was fantastic. Definitely a step above the usual middle brow stuff. Pacing was good and the build up of tension was done well, albeit I feel Blue Ruins pacing was a bit better. Really good representation of realistic actions under those kind of circumstances and especially in the minds of a young punk band.Yelchin and Stewarts performances were great, nothing I didn't like about it. Music was good of course.

3.5/5

>It was fantastic
>nothing I didn't like about it
>3.5/5

>muh strong leftists punker
>muh evil nazis
0/10

There was nothing I didn't like about the acting. There are plenty of nitpicks and choices that conflict with my preference of movie but that's a subjective opinion.

3.5/5 is a good score for me. Normally most modern middlebrow stuff is see is < 2.5/10

< 2.5/5 *

I don't have any because movies are unanimously terrible these days.

I could have fun with it sure but it's still just You're Next with a better take on the realism. It looks amazing compared to the rest of the dogshit on offer but that's all

Great movie, but people are exaggerating how brutal it was.

If this movie triggers Sup Forumstards this hard it must be good.

This. Normalfags will probably think it's overwhelmingly gruesome.

NAZI PUNKS
NAZI PUNKS
NAZI PUNKS
FUUUUCK OFF

>I don't have any because movies are unanimously terrible these days.

haha

Excellent movie 10/10 - IGN

What would have happened if the main guy didnt decide to go back for the phone and find out that girl was stabbed?

They were poseurs. How did you not get that?

youtube.com/watch?v=rpRK1t-30L0

it was ok

Is this guy literally Sup Forums personified?

I really wanted the protagonists to die

What the fuck was Patrick Stewart's plan at the end? He just walked off like 'nope, fuck this shit' and got shot like a pussy.

Watched last night
Can anyone explain the hype? It was average at best
Also the portrayal of skinhead/oi/sharp/punk was fucking hilarious (the red laces are the commie pacifist ones irl, just an example)

I am a commie pacifist? That's a new one.

Fucking meandering garbage.

Go watch This Is England m8

>Tfw the whole thing would've been avoided if Sam hadn't been an idiot and forgotten her phone

Or if the ppl in that room said she just pased out, among other things
Also, Patrick Stuarts dialogue was 90% giberish, it was 50's B movie scientist tier

>Or if the ppl in that room said she just pased out, among other things
Didn't she have a pair of pliers stuck in the side of her head?

>tfw no qt poots gf

Then why she asks if shes really dead later on? Nevermind, it all could be avoided if she just knocked on the door before entering the room
The whole movie was just a big WHY???

>Then why she asks if shes really dead later on?
What's denial?

>the whole story could have been avoided if the incident that brought about the plots events hadn't happened

well no fucking shit. but then they wouldn't have made a movie would they?

tell someone who gives a shit

Can somebody clarify what the plan to kill the girl was?

There is that part where it shows the setlist with the meat grinder song or whatever circled but they murdered her during the aint rights set instead. Was that the band that the main characters were subbing for?

If the murder was that premeditated then was the entire group in on it?

I watched it and was initially slightly underwhelmed but later that day I also went to see Neon Demon which made me appreciate Green Room much more. Seriously Refn just stop m8. So yeah Green Room is decent, but if this will genuinely end up being one of the best movies of the year, it's gonna a pretty fucking sad year for movies.

that one line literally ruined the entire movie

There was no plan. Girl planned to run away during that song.

>Seriously Refn just stop m8.
Every pleb that Neon Demon buttblasts only goes to make that film an even greater artistic accomplishment.

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS

Why would she write that on a note?

Maybe he wrote it on a note after finding out the set list and gave it her?

The girl and her boyfriend were planning to leave the nazis on that song but the other band found out about it and got mad so they killed her during the Ain't Rights song

Shit, I made it more confusing.
Girl and that one nazi who decided to help protagonists planned to run away when Cowcatcher played song named on paper. Werm found out (somehow) and decided to stab the grill.

Someone pls explain why is this movie relevant? It felt like a typical netflix recomendation, it was ok but nothing special
Did I miss something?

Was just released digitally.

The movie business has been shilling the director since Blue Ruin to generate hype for his inevitable move into capeshit.

I am deadly serious.

Thanks, that makes sense now

>Did I miss something?

yeah you have shit taste and probably very low IQ to boot

If a movie has high ratings on a mainstream site like Rotten Tomatoes then that is objective proof that the movie enables those with low IQs.

One of the most infuriating, retarded, badly paced, horrendously written movies I've ever seen.

Holy fuck what an abomination.

Let me break it down for you;

>go to a middle-of-nowhere Nazi bar packed full of dangerous looking Neo Nazi heavy metal fans
>decide to be edgy and rile em up with a song
>the most cowardly band member sees a dead body, is told by big neo nazi murderer thugs NOT to call the police
>call police anyways, right in front of their faces with newly found courage LMAO
>continue making the most god awful retarded decisions conceivable till the movie sort of ends

The moment Yeltsin made that call I INSTANTLY started rooting for the Nazis. The entire situation could've ended having only 1 casualty, but because of the most cowardly band member's newly found courage(???), a stupid number of people died.

If you unironically enjoyed this movie, pls kys.

I don't see why it would repulse anyone, based on opinons I was expecting some sort of fucked up hyperviolence.
I liked Blue Ruin more, but that was my dream movie so I wasn't suprised.

Nothing, that's the point.

kek, this

>she breaks the flourescent lamp to use as a weapon
>in a room full of hard glas beer bottles

also
>the scene when they make the dogs run away using mic feedback
why the fuck was the PA on in the first place???
I can just imagine the laugh the sound crew had when the director told them about the scene

>>she breaks the flourescent lamp to use as a weapon
>>in a room full of hard glas beer bottles
What's the difference?

blue ruin was way better