So, you came all this way for your revenge

So, you came all this way for your revenge.

yes yes, congratulations Leo, congratulations...HOWEVER

Why didn't he just suffocate Glass after stabbing his son?

If they didn't include that stupid Indian son it would have been a great movie. The writers didn't respect the audience enough and didn't expect that normal people couple relate or identify with Leos desire for revenge without adding the bullshit Hollywood cliche to the mix. In the book there's no son, he just gets left behind.

>Suh, oohkm l'disway fur revng

Another brilliant Hardy performance. They can't see how bad you're acting if the can't figure out what the fuck is happening

No, I came back, for my oscar

No i came back for you.

So what motivation does he have to kill the guy?

You know, I take it back. This is why I'm not a movie writer because maybe they do need to pander to the lowest common denominator.

He doesn't kill the guy in the book, the wetback director was jewing the jews by shoving his beaners wuz furst on americanos agenda down our throats

Oh I see. The other guy implied that he didn't need his son killed to have the motivation to kill Hardy's character.

So how does the book end?

Fitzgerald joins the army

came to post this

the motivation in the book was that he wanted the other guy to give him back the rife he stole. yeah, that's it. no wonder innaritu had to basically change everything to make it into something people would pay to watch.

Worth reading?

Rifle? That's it? There has to be more. Does Glass even have a son in the book?

No son, it's just a story about a guy who gets attacked by a grizzly and abandoned

They were there for thousands upon thousands of years. They had cultures shaped by thousands of years, and a system too. You're the most superficial nationality of them all, American. Get the fuck over it.

>Sicario got snubbed for this
>DiCaprio actually won- for this

What a mediocre movie to take the cake. I hope Birdman's reign is over, all 3 of his "masterpieces" reek of Nolan.

You enjoying that gas guzzling yacht, Leo? You stupid faggot.

no, I came back to stop you

Was revenge the only theme of the book or is the movie just nothing like the book?

Nothing. Right down to the way he died.

Pretty sure the revenge thing was all made up. Glass didn't even kill Fitzgerald.

I feel like I have to check out the book now, I'm interested in learning more about Glass as a character not motivated by the death of a loved one and instead just a guy who got mauled and left for dead. I didn't even know his son died until I saw the movie. I thought Fitzgerald kidnapped him or something but not killed him.

If we wanted to see uninteresting stories, we would film your miserable life.

You should look up the real Hugh Glass on wikipedia if you haven't already.

Glass wanted revenge but never got it. No son or anything. He traveled looking for everybody he was traveling with and different shit happened to all of them. He forgave one guy because he was a kid when it happened.

Fitzgerald joined the army, and Glass spared him because the military would've killed him if he had killed a soldier. Fitzgerald was ordered to return the rifle, so he did.

Then Glass died to some Indians.

Also there is no historical accuracy or writings by Glass, so it may as well be a legend. Glass is a work of fiction, and The Revenant is an unnecessary deviation.

But a good one, i really liked the movie.