Why does Zack Snyder feel there needs to be so much christfaggotry in superhero stories?

Why does Zack Snyder feel there needs to be so much christfaggotry in superhero stories?

>Men fall from the sky, the gods hurl thunderbolts, innocents die.

>God versus man; day versus night; Son of Krypton versus Bat of Gotham!

>'Cause that's what God is. Horus. Apollo. Jehovah. Kal-El. Clark Joseph Kent. See. What we call God depends upon our tribe, Clark Jo. Because God is tribal. God take sides. No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from Daddy's fist and abominations. Mm mm. I've figured it out way back, if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good. And if he's all good then he cannot be all powerful.

>And now God bends to my will.

>You were never a god. You were never even a man!

>If man won't kill God, the Devil will do it!

>God have mercy on us all.

>Now God is good as dead.

>Ding-dong, the god is dead.

>Mother of God, would you look a the time.

probably because it made sense in context

Because its the easiest symbolism and parallel you can draw to Superman.

He just overused it as though he were the first cunt to ever see it.

all of that is terrio

It's not that it doesn't make sense, it's that it's insanely frequent. There is SO MUCH it's distracting. He won't stop beating the audience over the head with the parallels. It's patronising and pretentious and sophomoric.

Terrio wasn't involved in the steaming shitpile of christfaggotry that was MoS.

so having allusions to jesus is bad just because? i mean hell, the movies are implying the bible is capeshit too

Alusion implies subtle.

not at all
allusion isn't inherently subtle

Hence implies, fucknugget.
The amount Snyder overuses the trope it becomes supratext rather than subtext. I mean, is it really allegorical if you have characters outright asking "is he the messiah?"

Because all movies obviously need some kind of subtext and the jesus one is the easiest for a hack to use.

Is a trick to give faggots an argument to defend the movie if everything else fails

see

>Linking to an OP claiming he worked on the film

Yeah, cause we never get people making unfounded claims on here

hence no, that's bullshit. allusion can be subtle if you want it to be

yes, it can be
even the allegory of the cave explicitly states its concern after having gone through the extended scenario. these things aren't mutually exclusive

the movies aren't saying that superman himself is jesus anyway, and no one complained when nolan made harvey dent a jesus figure

facepalm.jpg

>nolan made harvey dent a jesus figure

That must've been subtle because I don't recall any reference, unless you're grasping at it with the whole "he died for Gotham" thing.

No one complained when the Joker summoned the Deceptions either.

Because much like Harvey Dent being Jesus, that shit didn't happen.

*tips*

Could you try to reframe your arguments more coherently? I see you're defending Snyder for making the most childish and simplistic Jesus / Superman "allusions" but you stumble.

the dark knight had this whole thing about WHITE KNIGHT and DARK KNIGHT with harvey constantly referred to as the WHITE KNIGHT the city NEEDS

in the scene where harvey takes that one joker lackey batman confronts him about how he's putting his purity at stake, how he's risking the hope he represents for the city

ultimately what does joker do? he takes ultimate symbol of hope the city had and 'brought him down to our level'

batman kills him, guy is lain in a jesus pose, and batman turns the face, after which he takes on the blame for harvey's si- i mean crimes. i suppose that one is clever because it subverts the jesus trope.
fucking watch that scene again if you don't believe me
hell, even terrio said he had to avoid rewriting the dark knight

all i'm saying is that assertions the guy is making are not solid

yes, allusion can be subtle but they by no means have to be. also, allusions aren't bad just because they're obvious

>A Jesus pose
You mean crucified...?
Bullshit.

This. That's literally the only Jesus parallel the user draws and its false.

Huh.
I guess if you want it to be a crucifixition pose it kinda is. The rest of his plot still doesn't remotely fit though.

forgot to add:
after harvey's death, the city passes the dent act, which keeps with the jesus trope of having the death have some sort of effect and meaning for the community
dent death actually means something because hope remains in his untattered image, and the city cleans itself up.
hence the tragic nature of the story, purity maintain through a noble lie

>10 references to God
>In Genesis 1 we find the phrase "God said" 10 times

Hmm, I wonder..............

>Any death with repercussions is an allusion to Jesus
You're fucking grasping at straws.
One pose doesn't make the rest of your argument make sense.

because you don't need 1 to 1 equivalences for allusions and parallels to fit. the presentation of ideas is coherent

jesse should be the next true detective tbqh senpai

I'm not asking one to one, I'm asking for more than falling in a vague crucifixion pose.
Dent isnt a Christ figure beyond making a sacrifice. By that argument every character who ever died in any film is Christ. Its not enough of a coherent argument to hold water. Trying to equate this which you're really having to force to Hack Snyder is fucking laughable.

>>Any death with repercussions is an allusion to Jesus
except its not what i'm saying at all. even the joker says that the fight between him and batman is for gotham's SOUL and his ace in the hole is in breaking hope people have through harvey

i've already proven the jesus pose, connected it with how batman flips his face to the pure side and batman's comment on how the city 'needs its true hero, *I* killed those men'

>tfw I actually like the symbolism in Batman v Superman even though it may be a meme
its refreshing for capeshit

i BELIEVE in harvey dent

i'm presenting evidence, and all you're saying is 'lol no'
and of course i'm not saying any character who dies is immediately a jesus figure.

But you're making a bunch of claims and sauyi g that it makes it Jesus like, but it doesn't.

Dent wasn't persecuted for doing the right thing by the people.

Jesus didn't have a polar opposite Dark Jesus.

A reference to a SOUL doesn't make the characters involved messianic.

Yes, yourpve proven the pose. That's it. That's all.
Nothing else holds up in support of your Dent is Jesus crap.

>BELIEVE
FFS really?
Have you never seen political posters?
Belief =/= Religious
Shut the fuck up, your theory is shit except for a fucking POSE

because it's the only symbolism plebs have access to anymore

>Dent wasn't persecuted for doing the right thing by the people.
irrelevant
>Jesus didn't have a polar opposite Dark Jesus
irrelevant

one to one equivalences aren't necessary

i just googled dark knight harvey dent jesus and a bunch of shit shows up that goes even more into it than i have. i only notice certain things because of my interest in ideology

the point is that it's there, i'm not saying its deep or objectively good, all i'm saying is that there was deliberate intent from the filmmakers in how they presented their story

i've backed up my claims. the statements of yours i've pointed out above pretty much prove that this isn't you're forte/are of interest. that's fine, but this is how this shit works

>These points are o ky relevant she. They are in support of me, but otherwise I ignore them
Were done kid.
>I've backed up my claims
You haven't, you drew together a series of separate facts in support of a final answer THEY DO NOT SUPPORT

how does dent not going through that ordeal invalidate what i'm saying????
by the way, you know how does go through a turn in public opinion in the dark knight??.........

jesus didn't have a polar opposite
well, he had a tempter
and if i remember right, there's a character in the dark knight who was always having moments where he was trying to convince other characters of something....

i have backed up my claims, you haven't actually countered the connections i'm drawing.

its the confluence of all of these things that support the idea that nolan was working with some theological ideas in his story.

and do you really think den't jesus pose is pure coincidence?
and you have the gall to talk down to me in light of that?

This

Snyder wanted to make sure that the audience gets it.