Radiohead should make an album with more instrumental emphasis

Radiohead should make an album with more instrumental emphasis.

Listen to the OK Computer and Amnesiac B-sides, or King if Limbs from the Basement, and tell me I'm wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nr_PlxOiQdA
youtube.com/watch?v=GoLJJRIWCLU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're not wrong.

I think they're permanently past their prime now though. They're all too old sadly.

amsp was good, a few of its tracks still have life in them like burn the witch and tinker tailor

who is the next radiohead

im sick of only listening to old 90s songs by radiohead

who is more modern/has a future

fml

Wouldn't that just be a Warp record?

Computer sounds are a big part of their -always changing- sound, why would you take it away? It would be appreciated an unplugged album with previous songs tho.

>>>/tumblr/

more of this pls youtube.com/watch?v=Nr_PlxOiQdA

jigsaw instrumentals are gr88888 too

youtube.com/watch?v=GoLJJRIWCLU

le tommy jork is playing an acousitc guitar right? idk if im retarded or not

well obviously keep the bloops
just shift focus away from vocals

yeah he is playing guitar here

they say they dont perform this song anymore because its too hard

they could get it down easily to concert material, that video was a jam of a lifetime

is that why they never preformed trans atlantic drawl live
i wanna see that so bad

I don't mean that they should be less electronic and glitchy. I mean that they should try less vocals, and more instrumental jams and prog-ish compositions. They have the talent for it, i think, and they've hinted at that kind of direction in the past but never fully embraced it

This guy gets it.

I'm not suggesting that they do away with lyrics entirely, though. That would be madness, since Radiohead's lyrical content is just as important to their style as anything else. I'm just suggesting less prominent vocals.

I agree with you OP but given that Radiohead likes to spend lifetimes between albums i think the reaction to a largely instrumental record would be insanely negative. Just look at how many plebs hate Feral.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Stuff like this has often been condemned to B-sides. A whole album of it though, that would be cool. And with the orchestral flair that they seem to fancy lately? Oh lawd

Daydreaming is mostly instrumental, now that I think about it

bamp

A moon-shaped limbs album sounds like a cool concept.

Slightly off topic but speaking of OK Computer b-sides, Polyethylene is Radioheads best song

Radiohead should stop making music altogether.

I always felt like this should have ended Ok Computer.

KidAmnesiac, is that you?

should replace electioneering

I've always liked Electioneering desu

But yeah, Polyethylene is better

Id get rid of "Climbing up the Walls" if I was bumping to make space.

im not saying its a bad song, but it felt a bit out of place

Fast Track and Trans Atlantic Drawl are fucking amazing

That's a tough call. Even that track is pretty good imo, it's quite distinct from most of the others on the album.

I'd probably do away with No Surprises, if i had to remove a song

Is there an album/EP/compilation of demos/instrumentals out there? I like the music but Yorke's whiny voice makes my ears hurt.

You're retarded.

dude several tracks on AMSP had instrumental interludes
Listen to Tinker Tailor, Burn the witch, Ful stop etc etc

Remove fucking exit music

mfw when i hear someone say in rainbows isn't rh best album

this song was so low key fuckin awesome

kanye west

In the vein of the AMSP sound I'd be cool with it. There's enough instrumental variety and fuckery going on to make an instrumental album in that vein interesting. It'd probably be lucid dream tier.

>Polyethylene best B-side
>not Palo Alto

Also not to detract from Thom's beautiful voice but yeah that would be awesome. Let Johnny loose in the studio, Thom can bring in his glitch and IDM influences and mix them with krautrock. Shit would be gold.

10/10 comeback

You're right about Tinker Tailor and Ful Stop. Daydreaming is also quite like that

Decks Dark, oh lawd

I agree, Thom sounds like a muppet.

He dances like one