Did you already end up disliking a show because it became an important piece of popular culture among a demographic you...

Did you already end up disliking a show because it became an important piece of popular culture among a demographic you hate?

No, I always disliked it and have never watched an episode.

sadly yes... I liked it when it was just a comfy show nobody really watch (season 1-3) everything went to shit when normies and tumblristas hijacked the show

>a demographic you hate

GoT's demographic is "human beings", so I can understand why Sup Forums may clash with it.

And isn't the show essentially made for them now that the writers are free from source material?

You know a show has gone to shit when "10 fast facts you need to now" articles start popping up about it.

It's literally the same target audience as The Big Bang Theory

And we are real human beans

>because it became an important piece of popular culture among a demographic you hate?
yes im sure that was the reason good catch user

Yes, during the 3rd season. But I never really liked it.

>show made exclusively for people who can't read

Honest answer: From the beginning I thought it was a decent show, not bad, but not really that good, especially for HBO. Then it progressively got worse with every season.

And yes, I get a little mad when plebs irl say it's the greatest shit ever.

No, because I'm not a stupid hipster

Never. The key to style is to remain out of fashion.

ITT: Contrarianism

The problem is that becoming that succesfull killed the interesting things.

Now we got giant explosions, manichaean villains set up for the good guy to kill them so you can feel good, fanfiction tier writing and story fanservice.

No.

It was good until they decided that the plot and characters were just a distraction from the show's true purpose as a source of tumblr .gifs.

no, I ended up disliking it because it started pandering to feminism in the most idiotic way

It's a decent watch, but nothing spectacular and this blatant pandering towards millennials and feminists is getting tiring.

Reminder if you have ever done this you most likely have autism.

>pandering to feminism

This is a major character.

Major.

>Did you already end up disliking a show because it became an important piece of popular culture among a demographic you hate?

I don't hate the Eagles, I dislike the low class, blue collar, ignorant Eagles fans who would throw beer bottles at Santa on game days.

GoT is alright, but the diehard fans seem to be overly obnoxious and annoying.

I stopped caring the instant it became clear that the showrunners weren't going for an adult serialized fantasy epic but rather a soap opera with swords.
>melrose place with magic
>dallas with dragons

Have to say I hated the nerds and the idea of a show like this so I only watched it after the first season.

Then I started to hate the show after the third season when it was objectively bad.

>I don't hate the Eagles, I dislike the low class, blue collar, ignorant Eagles fans who would throw beer bottles at Santa on game days.

THIS THIS THIS THIS

Love Grateful Dead. Went to a concert 20 odd years ago and never went again.

Deadheads are some of the most pathetic losers you can find.

You can love an object, but dislike the people who worship it. It doesn't necessarily take away my appreciation for Garcia... just his fans are dumb.

Pandering. It always comes down to pandering and pandering ruins fucking everything.

are you me?

Pleb test: was the Red Wedding pandering?

I never got into it until series three was airing so I downloaded at watched it all in time for series four.
Really enjoyed it to begin with but couldn't believe something so slow and political was so hugely popular let alone a slow political drama set in a fantasy world.
Then the wheels started to come off and after the series five finale I dropped it.
Nothing I've heard about or seen from the last series has made me think about picking it up again.
The annoying thing with some fans I know is that they don't enjoy it either, but they keep watching because either "I've come too far to just stop watching." or "What else would I talk about at work?"

Not him but the answer is that kinda but they did it well and reasonably and so that it worked out in tv better than the book version would have done.

>And yes, I get a little mad when plebs irl say it's the greatest shit ever.
me too.

I don't know why though, it's so irrational.

That's called being a dirty fucking hipster.

You can dislike this show by all means, but if for the reasons in the OP you're a faggot

Red wedding wasn't pandering but it DID open the door for more potential big shocking twists which is unfortunate.

I like some rap music. On the other hand, niggers are pathetic, whiney, lowlifes and a burden on society.

you got a problem with that?

bad post
bad post
bad post
good post
bad post
good post
good post
good post
good post
bad post
bad post