What are some good Norwegian movies? I've seen a few now and want to watch more

What are some good Norwegian movies? I've seen a few now and want to watch more.

I'll start off with some I've already seen and recommend:
>Blind
>Bolgen
>Kon Tiki
>Burning
>A somewhat kind man
>In order of disappearance
>Zero Kelvin
>Oslo august 31
>Cold pray
>Kautekaino Opproret
>Buddy
>Alt det Vakre

I'm not opposed to watching older Norwegian films, but there doesn't seem to be any good ones made back in the days

Other urls found in this thread:

mubi.com/lists/25-norwegian-films
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

selfbump

You should check out Max Manus, OP. Pretty gud.

Insomnia
Uno

Seen it, I liked it
Thanks
I've seen nolan's insomnia, but not the norwegian one yet

Into The White

ti kniver i hjertet is good
also check out jakten (1959), feels a bit like new wave/bergman.

I've seen it, not too good, also I didn't mentiion it because its mostly in english

The Bothersome Man (The bottom half of your picture) is pretty good
Trollhunter
Mannen som elsket Yngve
Kongen av Bastoy
Kill Buljo
Flaaklypa (The Pinchcliffe Grand Prix) is a very beloved children's movie, but it might not be as interesting if you didn't see it as a kid.

Honestly I can't think of too many others worth seeing, and the ones I've suggested are all pretty diverse. There's no guarantee you'll like 'em all.

Kongen av Bastoy is probably the best movie though

trollhunter

The King of Devil's Island
Headhunters
Flame & Citron
Arn
Trollhunter
Max Manus

>Kongen av Bastoy
Yeah, I've seen that too. It's good, not great though.
Also, found footage films are always bad, trollhunter was no exception

If you are interested in Norwegian movies then you have to watch Budbringeren (1997) and Amatorene (2001), both by Pål Sletaune. They basically represent Norwegian movies of 90s/2000s alone. Pål also made a very different movie, Naboer (2005), which is basically a psychological horror movie with some hot chicks.

de dodes tjern (1958)

There's a Carl Dreyer movie made in Norway, The Bride of Glomdal which I've seen but I remember nothing about except that it I didn't like it much. I also saw Junk Mail back in the 90s and thought it was alright. Oh yeah, and Kitchen stories was pretty meh.

Like I said, all old norwegian films seen to be bad, it's like they never got any hollywood films to show them how it's done

I dunno how easy it would be to find or how good it would be but the 1948 movie "Kampen om tungtvannet" might be kind of cool. It's about the sabotage of the the heavy water plant in Norway during WWII, but most of the soldiers play themselves in the movie which is kinda neat.

>all old norwegian films seen to be bad
De Dodes Tjern is good. Nine Lives (1957) was nominated for an Oscar and Jakten (1959) was shown to great praise during Cannes.

DeUsynlige was alright. Felt at times a bit like Jagten and that Bacon movie, Woodsman.

Also, OP you say you've seen Oslo august 31, but not Reprise by the same people? Reprise is kind of similar, but so much better, and original!

I haven't seen the others, but De dodes Tjern was so lifeless and dull. No cinematic flare at all. Did they even get hitchcock films in norway?

It was based on a book, kept it very close to the story. I thought it was good.

>Elling.

Thale and Morgenrode are also interesting.

I actually read the book, it was a lot better, the film just didn't add anything. But that's just me, I guess

here's a decent list, those that I have seen on it are quite good at least. stick with the top half.
mubi.com/lists/25-norwegian-films

seconding Mannen som elsket Yngve
Prepare for feels and homolust

>hawaii, oslo

This was interesting, pretty good.

De Usynlige
Mot Naturen

Only ones I could think of that aren't already mentioned.

villmark had its moments as far as i can remember, fairly scary in-the-woods movie without any of the hollywood horror monster tropes.

i heard the sequel was terrible though.