What'd you fags think of this movie? As a Star Wars newbie I thought it was a solid 7.5/10, but TFA is far superior

What'd you fags think of this movie? As a Star Wars newbie I thought it was a solid 7.5/10, but TFA is far superior

Other urls found in this thread:

void.sirin.bysh.me/explorer/data/public/7abd12
void.sirin.bysh.me/explorer/data/public/7b2be0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Feeling generous, here are links to my seedbox

Tv shows:
void.sirin.bysh.me/explorer/data/public/7abd12

movies:
void.sirin.bysh.me/explorer/data/public/7b2be0

All Star Trek movies suck.

I concur, good thing we're talking about a Star Wars movie then

5>4>R1>7>6>>>>>>>>>2>1

First 20-30 minutes of plot introduction and place jumping were shit, but the rest of the movie was pretty damn good. I'd rate solid 8/10, pushing 8.5. I was worried at first, but now im looking forward to the 2018 han solo movie, especially if it is as good as this one

I thought it was great, although it should have been a bit more lighthearted and more fantasy-adventure-like. And I hate how lightning of a set alone amounts for dark and gritty now. That's not really the standard the original trilogy set.

Also, I need to go watch ep 4 again and consider if Leia really looks like she's seen the death star in action for the first or second time in that movie.

Theyre even worse tbh

>2018 han solo movie
Not Boba Fett?

who the fuck cares we all know its a money grab. Theres better movie that aren't trying to milk a cash cow franchise

thanks been meaning to finish sapranos

Boba Fett one got canned, I believe. And that one was supposed to be released after Episode 9.

I wish. Maybe in the future, probably 2020 or something

I enjoyed it, finally saw vader kick ass, shit was dope.

can anyone spoil the movie so I dont have to get dragged too it

Although I guess after seeing Vader in this movie, now we got to retrocon ep 4 even further and assume Vader went easy on Luke cause he's his son.

The movie was slow moving and just flashy action in the middle. The ending made up for it. The face CGI is questionable but admirable.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, shit went down and set up episode 4

this

>flashy action in the middle
Are you sure the "flashy action in the middle" actually wasn't towards the end as well? I'm assuming the Darth vader part is what you think made up for it?

Spoiling it
>eventually revealed it takes place between 3 and 4
>this chick jyn is daughter of a guy
>said guy helped build death star
>she is separated as a kid
>ends up helping rebels
>her dad leaves her a message
>he built a little hole to destroy DS like episode IV
>she ends up in a planet with new friends
>very underwhelming characters tbh
>pew pew pew final battle
>she steals DS blueprint and signals it to rebels
>right as she does DS emerges in the distance
>literally everyone dies
>last scene is CGI Leia receiving plans
>"it gives us hope"

Its a Hollywood film, its expected to have a flashy ending. But the seamless transition of the end of the story to actually meaning something in the overall arc was revealed by the Darth Vader/Disc part. It was okay seeing Darth Vader at the end, but the fact that we see Vader come in at the point where he didn't initially fuck it up adds to the point of view for Episode IV.

This coming from a guy who does like Star Wars but was impressed as to how it was placed into the overall story, and actually meaningful.

fuck this movie

Rogue One is what Episode 3 should have been.

Episode 1 and 2 should have been Vader going around hunting the Jedi and building the empire's grasp on the galaxy.

Lucas's prequels can now safely be forgotten about as they added little positive ideas to the star wars universe while actively ruining the original movies.

>science dad kidnapped by empire to build death star
>20 year time skip, death star done
>imperial pilot escapes with news from science dad that death star has the exhaust port weakness thing
>Science dad's daughter blackmailed by rebellion into rescuing pilot from tatooine knockoff planet
>death star blows up a city on sand planet as they escape with pilot
>go to rainy kamino planet knockoff to rescue science dad
>fail, science dad dies
>rebels go to hawaii planet to get official plans for death star
>half the people die
>transmit the plans just as death star shows up
>death star blows up city on hawaii planet, killing other half of the people
>plans go on freighter, vader kicks ass, freighter leaves to tatooine
>ends with cgi leia receiving the plans, 10 minutes later is presumably start of episode 4

cheers mate

women are minorities or whatever

i thought it was better than TFA, though i stioll liked TFA a lot.

also, darth vader lava castle.

>TFA is far superior
I gave tfa a 7.5/10

Felicity Jones counts as a minority because she's female?

I'll never understand these "forced diversity" cucks that always comment when the cast isn't all white.

it's better if you read catalyst. it's actually a great book.

>darth vader lava castle

dude have you walked down the street recently? unless you live in fucktown Alabama im pretty sure you're gonna see the world is a pretty diverse place

thx

your post literally makes no sense you fucking retard

TFA is the worst of the entire series you idiot. Rouge One is the best. Full of action, beautiful worlds, and the most gritty film of the series. Hell I like the prequals more than TFA

was it easier when they were all white?

My post meant to convey that I don't understand the quoted text at all, so I think it did make sense

>Rouge
Hue hue let's force a meme guys

much

Yeah TFA was shit

>i thought it was better than TFA, though i stioll liked TFA a lot
I agree

I'd have liked Episode 7 more if it wasn't such a rehash of A New Hope, but I'm hoping that was just largely setup for 8 and 9 and to get a new audience interested.

Meanwhile Rogue One straight up replaces Episode 3. The Lucas prequels are dead thankfully.

>No Katarn
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

R1>III>II>V>I>IV>ROJ>>>>>>>

Worse than any of the prequels.

remember when Sup Forums was not a bunch of race-traitor cuck faggots who encourage the march of forced diversity and are also enormous faggot slaves to the BBC

By the standards demonstrated in this thread, they were cucking from the get go

The prequals are fantastic and stop saying "they are so dead xddddd" you have no idea how much more complex and full of life they are. Fuck you and fuck everyone who doesnt like them.

Did you ever consider the fact that I may be black and that forced diversity is good for me? Really makes you think.

my side

Lando gets a pass because everybody knows he's the most fly dude in the entire galaxy.

fuck off nigger

havent seen it but by throwing in asian dudes they're desperate to appeal to the chinese market

have you not seen the movie yet?

>SJW movie jew
>getting my 10 dollars

Pick one

No, but I remember a time when shit like that was over the top and posted with a sense of irony and humour. "internet safety valve", remember?

Shouldn't you be getting ready to write a blog post debunking any criticism a Star Wars movie could ever get?

Better than episode 7. Some fan pandering. Some good jokes. Rushed story/maybe romance.

i thought the exact same thing. we all came out of the theater thinking that this was the episode 3 we were supposed to get. i was satisfied. it was the star wars i've always wanted.

If you could cash in by using shitskins in your production, wouldn't you?

Maybe if I needed some extras.

was it ever over the top? i think old school Sup Forumstards just TOLD themselves that the racism was done ironically to protect themselves from the fact that Sup Forums has really always been a magnet for racist assholes. the racism in this fucking board is only 20 percent ironic, as it's always been.

>did you ever consider the fact that I feel like my opinion should be considered special because I announced my skin color?

Diversity is fucking retarded. Hire only the good people and you will make bank. You only hrie diversity for virtue signaling and good goy points

Literally everyone dies and there is a weird uncanny valley CGI face of young carrie fisher at the end. Vader was the best part with only 90 seconds of screen time.

Diversity is fucking retarded. Hire only the good people and you will make bank. You only hrie diversity for virtue signaling and good goy points

fuck carrie fisher's uncanny valley.... how about that peter cushing?!?! holy fucking shit!!!

>Diversity is fucking retarded. Hire only the good people and you will make bank.
But you can't sell the idea of diversity without a diverse cast.

lol, white people fucking angry.

Why is it necessary to sell the idea of diversity? What's wrong with hiring the best people for the job regardless of diversity concerns?

8/10 op. It was good. Missing the Jedi element

>Why is it necessary to sell the idea of diversity?
Not necessary, just an opportunity. Like it or not, some people are sold by the fact that a cast is diverse.

>What's wrong with hiring the best people for the job regardless of diversity concerns?
Absolutely nothing, but you're falling into the trap of "colored people can never be the best job at anything."

Pr. Theres money in peddling those good boy points

I have seen the movie - pic related - and I still don't understand the lava castle comment

No. Good movies with a fantastic cast sells not diversity, only terrible movies doomed to fail hire on that since its all they got. Like Ghostbusters. Also blacks are a veey small percent in Hollywood and no one likes disgusting smelly niggers like you

Oh I bet more white people would complain than asian people

>Absolutely nothing, but you're falling into the trap of "colored people can never be the best job at anything."
That's not true, I thought 12 Years a Slave was pretty good!

Katarn was still a bluepilled imperial at this point.

Top fucking zozzle.

Star Wars was always destined to sell well. That being said, it's marketing that makes a movie profitable, not merit.

>peter cushing
You're right on that. It was...disturbing.

Oh shut it, no one cares about diversity and just stop trying to make it all about you. I would fucking crack open your nigger skull and piss in it if we met you god damn nigger

I'm not even the one that brought it up in this thread, but thanks for compliments.

I bet you suck nigger dick you nig2fer lver.

It could have been better.
Who am I kidding. It's star wars so 10/10
Had really hoped to see Ahsoka though.

>That being said, it's marketing that makes a movie profitable, not merit.
Yes I'm sure. Tell us about all the marketing done for A New Hope when everybody except Lucas expected it to flop.

Watch Episode 4.

>Missing the Jedi element
I think that was a big plus for this film.

Jedi were a tiny tiny fraction of the galactic population. It was nice to see that the grunts played their important part too.

I liked seeing force sensitive people like the blind guy and the old goggle alien in episode 7. They aren't jedi/sith caliber, but can connect a bit with the force seemingly with effort and focus. Makes the force more magical for me rather than "Mr. McClure, what are midichlorians? Well billy...".

Yes, lets' compare the film profit motives of the 70's to the ones today, very fair comparison.

You just saved me $15

>1970s
>make movie, earn money

>today
>make movie, earn money

just saw it, thought they did a really good job with it

8/10 best movie i've seen in awhile

you forgot to spot the mexican-hispanic protagonist, so the ratio is actually 6:1

sounds really shitty

>Missing the Jedi element
It didn't even dawn on me until now that you mentioned it, that Donnie Yen/Chirrut Imwe was just force sensitive and not a jedi - fuck me though, he must have had more potential than Luke still.

>he must have had more potential than Luke still.

I regret nothing, besides you're alive to shitpost still

The force awakens sucks.
Surprised a newbie likes it because iliterally every scene was all just trying to make you say "yea! That reminds me of a new hope!"

But Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie since Empire strikes back.
I give it a 9.5.
-.5 for the fast planet jumping in the beginning.

This.
Also, Siren was a surprisingly satisfying horror movie for being a feature length version of a short from VHS. I would suggest to check it out. Other than that, new movies are shit.

Why would a newbie remember a new hope you fuckin retard