Can we have a thread about anime kino?

Can we have a thread about anime kino?

Have you seen this masterpiece by Isao Takahata?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/yearly/?yr=2013
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_Japan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go the fuck to Sup Forums you idiot weeb

Why do you think weeb is an insult on a weeaboo site, cancer?

It was alright.

Yes it's great, beautiful artwork and excellent score.

But the dub is pretty bad, Chloe almost fucks it all up

Why do you think it's ok to post about anime on a board other than Sup Forums you idiot cancer weeb redditor?

Why do you think it's ok to create an entire thread about anime on any board other than Sup Forums

the film is so inherently japanese that an English dub would feel wrong regardless of the voiceover quality

on the other hand, though, When Marnie Was There is considerably better in English, mostly due to Hailee Steinfeld's remarkable performance

Agreed, you're an idiot

>newfags on Sup Forums

fuck off and die

>redditors calling redditors redditors
go back to /r/veryspecifictopicwithnodiscussionofanythingelseallowed

Thoughts on EoE Sup Forums?

Pure kino or pretentious garbage?

Idiot. Sports threads aren't posted here, why do you think anime threads are allowed?

seriously keep this shit on Sup Forums
>b-b-but everyone on Sup Forums is a retard with shit taste.
yeah because its fucking anime. even "kino" anime like angels egg isnt anywhere near on par with real film.

Why the fuck would you discuss sports on the internet? Get some friends you creep.

Better than any of that fucking Ghibli shit, that's for damn sure.

But capeshit and GoT is? If you fags actually talked about real film, this post might've been a plausible argument. But knowing Sup Forums, you're just going to fuck off to your Marvel/GoT general after this.

I don't you retard

Pure Kino

Too bad Anno went full George Lucas and tarnished Evangelion's legacy with Rebuilds.

It was great honestly. I loved the ending.

Pure kinographicà right here

And I can understand why. Protip: it's rude to end your sentences with an insult.

Because Sup Forums doesn't watch or discuss anikino, only seasonal moeshit.

Completely unnecessary tbqfh. The series' ending was perfectly good. It's for dumb fans who can't understand subtext and just want a canon explanation of events so they can fill in the blank pages on the wiki.

Aku no Hana. The only good anime from this decade.

Real film aye? You mean movies actually on film? Is that real enough for you? Go be a dumb cunt somewhere else.

>it's for dumb fans
But EoE was more confusing and thought-provoking than the ending of NGE

You have to go back Pablo.

And this board doesn't discuss anime or "kino" you pleb. Go to another site maybe? How about reddit

yeah it was awesome. really surprised how bewautiful everything looked

01010111 01100101 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01110011 01100101 01110010 01110110 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01101011 01101001 01101110 01100100

Sup Forums:moeshit::Sup Forums:GoT and capeshit

why cant you understand that? both boards are for their respective mediums. you cant just come here to talk about "kino" anime because you think Sup Forums is a shit board and Sup Forums is better (lol). why dont you go post about kino anime in /sci/ or /lit/ if that's the case?

Sup Forums doesn't discuss kino only capeshit. they get triggered by liberals constantly too.

LOL post your top 5 films weeb

The difference is anime can still be classified as television and film

Anime is at least less reddit than /got/ and /who/ who's posters openly admit to being cross-site posters.

Post your top 5 capeshit Redditor

>Pure Kino

Is that good?

I don't watch capeshit dumb weeb

Why are you on Sup Forums and not /r/patriciankinoonly?

>browses Sup Forums
>doesn't watch capeshit
The catalog begs to differ, Redditor

This movie literally killed Ghibli.

Sasuga Takahata.

Kino is a concept that trascend the manichean notions of good and bad.
What is good anyway? What is bad?
Kino is kino.
You can be kino or not.

Nice division fallacy idiot
So I can put plebs like you in your place
>implying Reddit has any worthwhile forums
Lmfao

Yes but you need to suffer through NGE first to grasp what is going on in EOE.

>"forums"
who's the pleb now?

How so?

Found the 13 y/o redditor

Wind Rises did hence why Miyazaki retired, Disney are still contemplating buying them though.

The way I see it the princess has three faces: 1. Childish cutie. 2. Emo angry bitch 3. Perfect waifu

She is: pretty, active, hardworking, social justic warrior, kind to poor and old people, and young forever.

The more you think about it the more you know she is impossible. She has to love working under the sun but stay pale

This is how those old male feminists in ghibili imagine a woman.

if Disney buys them, then it's game over. Might aswell just shut down completely.

Why did it flop?

>Disney are still contemplating buying them though.
please fucking god no

they'd turn them into a sequel factory like they've done to pixar

>anime kino

Accurate image
I challenge any of these idiots spouting "anime kino" to give their top 5 films

Poor marketing and western audiences preferring capeshit and Frozen over Japanese hand-drawn animation. It had no chance in today's climate.

The best anime ever, without any doubt, is Evangelion. Not only is the plot amazing, it delivers important themes about society and has a lot of symbols about religion. Pisses me off that people don't understand how beautiful this anime is and I just want to punch them in the face.

Due several delays and over-budget problems, This movie was like +40M$, and in Japan, their prime market, it only got 22M$.

Maybe you are not aware but Ghibli is not a huge company, they can barely made 1 movie per 1-2 years, and this was a low blow to their economy. They survive because the merchandising, but they stopped making movies until they can figure out how to be profitable again (Less worst scenario: More CGI Worst case scenario: Disney)

great movie, made me teary eyed at the ending

another masterpiece is only yesterday

Anime is already prepped as the next golden goose in Hollywood to exploit after capeshit hence you seeing Death Note live action, GITS live action etc. testing the waters.

Studio Ghibli bought by Disney and ''run'' (aka figurehead told to do shit by Disney's board) by Gorō Miyazaki to appease the fans was the rumour floating around a while ago.

In this movie Takahata finally made his name heard and did not let Miyazaki take all the credits

>Gorō "I don't like animated movies I wanted to be a rock musician star" Miyazaki backstabbing his father to take fake power in his company

POTTERY

A BRIGHTER SUMMER DAY (Edward Yang, 1991)
2046 (Wong Kar-wai, 2004)
SANSHO THE BAILIFF (Kenji Mizoguchi, 1954)
ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA (Sergio Leone, 1984)
CERTIFIED COPY (Abbas Kiarostami, 2010)

Most likely shit on here.

>chosing 2046 over all Kar-wai filmography

nigga wut

>Weeb Criterioncore plus a spaghetti western
lmao my point is proven

>Wind Rises did
No.

boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/yearly/?yr=2013

My own guess behind the choice of Goro is because Hayao and the old Guard wouldn't toe the Disney line.

Were as Goro isn't that experienced and doesn't really seem that interested in directing anyway so he'll be easier to wow with big cheques and easier to control.

>spaghetti western
confirmed idiot

it's his best and most evocative film

>WAHHH MY SHITTY REDDITCORE MOVIE IS ACTUALLY A GANGSTER FILM NOT A WESTERN
wow man you have really good taste then

But that's not Happy Together

>Western audiences

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_Japan

>exposed for pretending you know what you're talking about
i'm going to go out on a limb and assume you've never seen any of those films

Where can i watch This

Sorry to break it to you but no, Criterioncore shit is not obscure
>B-BUT ACTUALLY 2046 ISN'T CRITERION JUST ALL HIS OTHER FILMS
kek

That's hilarious

Why don't you have your own taste?

kissanime.to

>ALL HIS OTHER FILMS
3 out of his, what, 12 or 15? dang, you really got me there.

keep typing in all caps, though. it'll definitely convince everyone you're right, and not a sperging moron.

You mean like everybody who past sixth grade? Are you implying watching something as entry level as your list is remotely difficult or prosperous?

Hilarious.

I really, really liked it except for the ending. I get that it's based on a folktale and has a very folktale like ending, but that didn't make it any less disappointing, even though it was properly crazy.

and the best anime movie will forever be Millennium Actress. I might have to get drunk, watch that and have a long cry tonight.

Dang even Criterion realizes there's no point in releasing garbage like My Blueberry Nights. your taste must be awful

Anno just wanted a story featuring broken cute girls doing broken cute things in Giant bio-mechs.

The ending of NGE being Shinji simply conquering his self-imposed isolation was better than some apocalypse.

Barry Lyndon
Barry Lyndon
Barry Lyndon
Barry Lyndon
Barry Lyndon

I notice the disturbing over representation of Asian movies

Just assume that anyone who watches anime has yellow fever