Amerifucks, is it true that when you turn 18...

Amerifucks, is it true that when you turn 18, you're required by law and under threat of imprisonment to sign the Selective Service:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Service_System

... and that, if there's a moment of "national crisis" you could be called up by the Draft that was supposed to be swept away after the giant fucking bed-shit that was the Vietnam War?

The Draft!

The fucking DRAFT!!!!

HA HA HA HA!

HAAAAAA HA HA HA!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

We used to joke about this but sweet merciful FUCK, you Americans are well and truly literally fucking KEKOLDED! Not figuratively, not metaphorically but LITERALLY! By your own GOVERNMENT!

HAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_service#Countries_with_mandatory_military_service
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No... everyone's to fat to fight a war.

yes all males are required to snip their foreskin and go to war for our kike overlords

euro fags just dont understand the honor it is

Yes it's true. I had to sign up and a lot of government agencies ask if you're signed up if you apply for any form of government assistance as well

>strapping up one's boots to fight unknown forces, for the appeasement of faceless, old men in grey suits that one will never meet, adding to their coffers with one's sweat and/or blood

Oh God, this just gets funnier.

But that's a good thing? And most of them don't even have to serve. We have mandatory military service here in Finland and that would be even better for them.

>studying or working a trade, to hone one's craft to serve the community and pay taxes while one's at it
>putting that all at risk to fight alongside Fats McGee & His Retard Three, with the possibility of one's limbs and testicles being smashed into a bloody pulp

Why would one even bother working or studying, if one's going to get his nuts shot off? You people are fucking mongoloids. Now draw me a fucking Spurdo, you backward cunt.

Yes we have to sign up, that in the event of a draft, you can be called to serve. Thing is, after vietnam, unless WW3 breaks out, it is hard to foresee any situation where a draft will be reinstated

I never had to. It's weird. maybe it was my childhood head trauma or my gay athsma. Some reps for the army came to my house to get me to enlist but when I gave details of my medical history, they started to get uneasy and just left. Don't remember signing any forms or anything that had to do with the government since I turned 18

Did it ever occur to you that if your military is based on conscription and large reserves, your government can't send you to wars just for fun? They actually need to have public support for the war. In practice that would mean a large scale invasion to your country. There also wouldn't be a military-industrial complex with conscription. It's ultimate freedom, because your government can't turn into an authoritarian regime. They simply lack that force to do so.

You don't deserved a Spurdo drawing.

Are you implying that selective service is just a means of precaution and a narional safety measure, and the likelihood of a subsequent draft is only possible if we were to fall under nothing short a full scale nuclear holocaust rather than a man in a suit sending you to your death at his whim? Grow the fuck up.

The selective service allows students in college or in high school to be exempt from a draft.

This thread again?

yes, problem?

I never signed that shit. Its more to see who is stupid enough to do it.

Also, dont most European and asian countries have forced military service?

>faggots sucking dick
>No problem to op

And no one was surprised

No, I said that's what a military based entirely on conscription and large reserves is for. Then politicians simply don't have the power to send people to war without public support. That being said, after the war in Vietnam and the huge public backlash it caused, I doubt the men in suits dare risk losing their power by using the draft unnecessarily. There are plenty of volunteers available for them. As such, the selective service is a good backup for Americans, because it would be foolish to use it just for fun and oil money.

Yes. Find a new topic.

This must be a new popular thread to repost. See it alot lately.

sage

>mandatory military service
Honestly, I think that would be a great idea for the U.S

I haven't served myself so I may not have any place to say, but most of my family has been military and I think it would be a good idea to give people discipline, survival skills, and insight into what our armed forces go through.

We wouldn't be bitching about what trransgenderolodyke could use what bathroom if they spent 4 years in the army.

Stop fucking posting this

Even with a failsafe like that, I don't know why it's even a thing. On paper it sounds necessary, but those currently enlisted and those who would gladly heed the call to arms for their country in its time of need isn't necessarily an equivalent to the numbers in selective service, but there's a fair chance that the head count when the time comes without the SS program would be a tremendous number. But there's no telling until said events unfold. If they do

i was in the army for a while. it was shitty but I'm glad I did it because it taught me that I'm not at the fucking center of everything,

No.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_service#Countries_with_mandatory_military_service

The biggest benefit is taking the ultimate power away from government and giving it to the people and people having a personal investment into the country. It gives a lot of perspective, what's worth fighting for. It should also reduce the chance of civil unrest, because no one really wants to fight against a well trained militia. If everyone's trained, no one wants to start fighting against anyone.

The biggest risk is system like in Russia, where there are branches that are ideological and can be pitted against civilians. (Rosgvardiya is basically Putin's way of ensuring that a revolution similar to that in Ukraine won't happen or at least it will be a lot more bloody. Putin really wants to stay as the president for as long as possible.) The second biggest risk is that some people don't want to serve due to ideological reasons and the military doesn't represent every part of society. For example here in Finland a few leftists opt out of the service but fortunately the amount is still small.

And that's how you know that the SS most likely won't be abused. If it's ever needed, the situation is nightmarish and all other options have been used.

We have it worse here in Colombia.

Military service is obligatory as soon as you turn 18.

Or, if you're not in school and or have family/someone to take care of, you can be "recruited" (thrown into a truck and retained in a military base) even if you're not 18 yet.

bump

>says sage
>doesn't actually sage
newfag

We already had this thread and OP was BTFO

I think in south korea you are required by law to serve 2 or 3 years in the army

It doesn't matter since we just use drones for everything now.

Months:
21 (army, auxiliary police)
23 (navy)
24 (air force, special civil service)

You're supposed to but a pretty fair amount of people don't, it's not actively enforced.

Hopefully if conscription was ever again attempted we'd have the balls to throw some tea in the harbor and start killing fuckers, but we'd probably just present the booty for government fucking like the Vietnam generation.

tell us master how that we may be away from these dark evilll fowcess.

It's not a problem for 99% of us because there are so many redneck inbred retards here that want to defend MURIKA from the faggot foreigners, the military cant enlist these dummies fast enough when something happens that threatens our FREEDOM. Toby keith gets them all riled up.

What would you personally do, if someone threatened you?

>is it true
you're probably been told 100 times by now that it isn't
but you won't let a little something like the truth stop you from shitposting...
so here's your (You)

You get a card in the mail a few days after 18th birthday. You are technically required to keep it. I threw mine in the trash.

You are a patriot and a scholar, may you have many tits in your face sir.

I had to send my back in after filling it out.

If you don't sign up you just get denied government services like welfare, medicare. Most countries have something similar they just don't actively pursue their drafts as much as 'merica does.
Its up to you moron, you have to before 25 or you'll be banned from collecting social security, there is website and a phone number.
Its actively enforced.
You'd be surprised how diverse the military really is.

>america maintains the draft
>other countries require compulsory service
>lelelelele america is so fucked up
You reek of cuck.

America should have compulsary service too.

The funniest shit is how, due to Trumps crazy levels of conflicts of interest, no soldier will ever beable to really know if he was sent to die for his company, or Trump family assets.

Anyone who lets themsleves enter the military now is a moron. Enjoy dying in some shithole in Africa, defending a worthless Trump Tower there.

You know that most European countries have full on forced conscription?

Good way to raise friendly fire casualties to astronomical levels

>force people to fight who do not want to
>they begin shooting, or tossing grenades or what have you at their own allies as the ultimate fuck you to the country

I'm from EU and all able males till a certain age are conscripted. You too much of a pussy to get a workout for a year and learn a thing or two about the military and how to defend yourself?

Weeds out the liberals and the ones that re not worth a shit also.

Third night in a row I've seen this thread. Exact text 'n' all.

Nope. Only a few have and of those few most have a very selective draft.

I don't think I've ever called anyone stupid on the internet but I'm going to call you stupid.

You are stupid.

That therory makes no sense.

Weakest bait I've seen in a while.

Conservacucks are the dumbest of the fucking dumb. You assholes really are just aware enough to not shit your pants.

draft only goes for men under 28 or some shit
and not students
so, meh

99% of world governments hold younger people to a certain term of military service.
we get this in exchange of that.

How would you know if someone sagged or not? I mean if the thread doesn't bump than sure thats a way to know, but is there another way of telling?

And too dumb to fucking type apparently...

What are you basing this claim on?

Only men are required to sign for this in the current year 2016. Government says they will never use it but that doesn't stop the fact that they could still use it, and only on males, to go to war. Funny you never hear feminists arguing to get on the SSS lists.

Aww did I scare the coward. You too scared to defend the freedoms that you pussy ass enjoys protected by the blood of others? Go to your safe place and play with your coloring books and pet some puppies.

>Its actively enforced.
Really? I Wasn't really aware of it until I went to renew my license at 21 and they asked if I was registered with selective service. Once they explained what it was I remembered a few friends mentioning getting letters but that's about it.

If you're male and have a SSN, you're in the SSS whether you signed a piece of paper or not. usually this happens when you get your drivers license, but can happen when you register for a state id card as well.

>Selective service
>Selective
>Sign up is required

Oh how very selective in our beautiful land of the free.

>TFW you signed up at 18 cause you thought you had to for college but then find out they only ask for it on federal aid and you use your school's nelnet payment plan.
>Signed up for this anti-american shit for nothing

Scare? How in the fuck did you manage to project fear?

This would happen during an invasion as a way to keep the militia organized.
>I'll drive the fucking missile truck

Pic related

>SMs just walk around the installation armed to the teeth at all times
>anyone is even issued grenades anymore without enough signatures to make a congressman groan
>deployed: I don't want to fight these guys so let me kill people on my own team to show I'm not happy about it
Were you a Bernie supporter?

If they ever brought it back there would probably be 100x the draft dodgers than those during the Vietnam War hiding out in Canada and Mexico until the war was over. Sons of the wealthy and powerful people dodged the draft during Vietnam.

Is it the same person that posts this everyday?Along with all the Hillary shit? Is all this troll just one person ,because if so ,props.

The poor baby fears that he might one day have to go to war and get his cowardly ass shot at because his preshus politicians said so.

Because you can't sage on Sup Forums On Sup Forums at this moment you'd know that if you'd been lurking before you posted?
No?

You're a dumb cunt.

ITT: a bunch of yankees willing to get drafted for a government that betrays their civil rights daily because the yanks actually believe the war is a war on terrorism.

anarchy would be nice. once this government falls ill rush into your house and rape all your female relatives before I skin them alive in front of you then set you on fire slowly, you fucking faggot

Fuck that shit,
the only acceptable time for a draft is when a foreign army lands on our beaches.

The last time a draft was ordered was nearly a half century ago. And that war had a HUUUGE morale crisis among the troops with most troops knowing it had very little to do with America's defense and everything to do with imperialism.

Turns out, it works best for a modern empire to have a volunteer army comprised of those who can be easily propagandized. You have a an army where 90%+ knows the cause is bullshit and they'll be apathetic at best and resistant at worst.

The draft will not be called upon any time soon. US still has a huuuuge military in terms of numbers (though China and Russia do have us beat in raw numbers). However, the US maintains supremacy through technical military means. No other country has planes, tanks, arms, nukes, drones, aircraft carriers, and warships; in the quality or numbers that we do.

But this type of military technological edge doesn't come cheap. We spend more on our military than the next 7 highest spenders combined. It's over half of our tax dollars, and Trump says that isn't nearly enough and is ready to revitalize the military with unprecedented spending, lifting all the money caps on it.

Yeah but is it really necessary to put one in harms way to fight other people's wars in other countries that only benefit the arms manufactureres and their political associates?

Seriously. I can understand military's defensive purpose but what the fuck. Drafted for that kind of bullshit? American's Next Top Cuck

Plenty of contractors nowadays

Not actually very funny at all. Feminists call themselves feminists because they only really care about gender stereotypes and equality in matters where they're in a worse position.
If they truly believed in absolute equality, they would call themselves egalitarian