tru. never saw the appeal of JD

>It's an user doesn't like any Bowie that isn't Ziggy thread

Souvlaki

What a heap of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=B1x8q64NXxA

good drummer is about all I can say

Overrarted shite.

Untrue.

I love Berlin and Soul/Funk Bowie. I even think TMWSTW is leagues ahead of Hunky Dory.

How come?

you just aren't depressed enough

Closer is objectively a better album

youtube.com/watch?v=W2HRbTsayXo

i dont get it

and this one too

Posts like this are what ruin Sup Forums.
This is objectively true.

The Powers That B is better in my opinion.

it's bottom tier as far as classic shoegaze goes for me, Pygmalion's better

Im a Depeche Mode fan who agrees. It's good, but it not the best record of the fucking 80's.

youtube.com/watch?v=SC6DvbEVHcI

Agreed. But be prepared for autistic screeching.

Shaking The Habitual is objectively head and shoulders better than Silent Shout.

t. Someone who flew to Iceland just to see their final live show at the Harpa center.

delet this

overrated as fuck

>the closest rock has ever come to successfully integrating classical elements
>overrated

>le tibet throat singing over random ambience
>good

pick one

Ok, how about
>good
That was easy.

youtube.com/watch?v=33mw9zBD0BM

nah the glowing man was fucking fantastic

I get irritated every time I see someone think they're patrician for preferring this to lysf. It's better than lysf but it's overrated, 4th best GY!BE album.

wrong

all true. none necessarily terrible but all overrated

This on the other hand is super underrated, it's because niggerthony faggotano gave it a 6/10 so people think it's their worst project.

I've been shilling that lately, I'm glad to see more people approving of it.

I want to say I agree, because going through the Sup Forumscore this one never clicked with me. I could be wrong, so I might give it another listen.

yawn! fucking hell mate it appears you've triggered me.

itt: Sup Forumscore

>tfw you agree with every album posted so far.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZUnS93C5U_4

I used to think they were overrated for several years, but in the past year, they've suddenly grown on me so much. Souvlaki is actually a perfect album to me now, while Unknown Pleasures is ridiculously close to perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=kyy_eoyQFrM

Any album that's ever been on a critics top 100 list.

youtube.com/watch?v=mnjH-ZYe59c

Blasphemy

youtube.com/watch?v=XVcjf_p5pDY

this is only overrated by Fantano, I rarely see people rate it as their favourite DG album on here.

Niggas on the Moon is their best full stop. I can take or leave Jenny Death though.

Yeah. I mean, it's pretty good but the artwork is trendy and the music is post-punk 101, not to mention Closer shits on it when you get over how it doesn't have all the iconic songs.

Uniroinically one of my all-time favorite albums and I never see people talk about it. It's acclaimed but rarely acknowledged it seems, it's always Turn Loose The Swans this and The Dreadful Hours that around here especially.

Agreed, I've only heard the run of albums from Black Celebration to Songs of Faith and Devotion but of the lot I liked Violator the least.

Nah, this is legit some next level shit for improvisational rock. This is the kind of shit post-rock should've grew more into.

This is the one GY!BE release that I've never really been able to get into. I can even fuck with Yanqui but I dunno, this one just doesn't quite hit home for me. Can't quite put my finger on why.

Not only are you wrong, but also a homosexual

I almost feel like there's some joke that I'm not in on when I see people talk about this album.

the album is a joke, kanye has been on decline since 808's, his lyrics get worse with each release and this is just a rubbish experiment, Hold My Liquor, Black Skinhead and New slaves are the only good tracks

I agree about the tracks except switch Hold My Liquor with On Sight - I think it's the one time the album's supposed rawness and energy actually manages to come through. But I do still like 808's and MBDTF, the former in particular being my favorite album of his. His lyrics have definitely gotten worse with the last two, though TLOP still had Real Friends out of fucking nowhere.

Idk why you're demeaning Yanqui, it's easily one of their strongest works. The only one that handily surpasses it is Asunder; Slow Riot falls between slightly better and slightly worse, but it's such a short piece that I feel it's an injustice to put it above Yanqui.

Nigga you need to chill

I didn't really demean it, but in my experience it is the GY!BE album that's most commonly put down, definitely moreso than F# and certainly the absolute last contender for an overrated GY!BE record. Well, maybe nowadays that's Asunder or Allelujah but I think it's all good regardless. F# is the only one I've got some issues with.

Alright, it's fine. I've had the opposite issue with F#. When I first listened to it I adored it, but the more times I've gone through the album, and the more time I've put into listening to the rest of GY!BE's discography, the less affected I have been by listening to it. The drone sequences aren't as interesting as Asunder's, and aside from those it feels to me to be a slightly better Allelujah (or more specifically, Mladic). It has some really exciting passages but as a whole I'd rather listen to some of their other stuff. Want to go into a bit more detail on what you thought of it? I'd be interested to hear

ill kill u

good bait tho

Not really much to say on my end, I've given it a couple of tries and it failed to make much of an impact. I do recall feeling like it marginally got better as it progressed but I'd have to sit down with it again to recall any specific details. It's one of those albums I just have a hard time remembering much of anything about.

Definitely, I find this album a lot more tedious than a lot of his other works.

Agree, Closer is superior in every aspect, great album in the respects that Morris was the only proficient instrumentalist, though from an objective point of view it's very overrated.

I disagree with this one, its great through and through.

I agree to some extent, I find it the most enjoyable Death Grips album though its one of few albums where I find one can burn out on it if they listen to it too many times.

I think you could argue every Beatles album, let's be honest.

Used to think that, though it really does hold up if you listen to the individual sound layers, getting a good headset and playing at high volume is very important to the enjoyment of this album. That being said I wouldn't consider it the best shoegaze album.

yes, but its like a gateway drug

Ok computer

These are great
Please no post
Thank you

They'll never top NLDW