Will nvidia ever been good?

will nvidia ever been good?

Compared to the "competition" of AMD, NVIDIA is in a virtual monopoly for high end GPUs.

That's why you wait for the aftermarket coolers. EVGA is pretty good so is asus.

aftermarket coolers don't fix the fucking 3.5gb gimp

EVGA is nice about RMA but they do have a higher amount of issues. With ASUS you'd expect great quality and usually it's fine, but if it ever does fail under warranty, ASUS customer support is fucking awful. For the most part they both should be good.

nvidia makes really good hardware. They build their processors like the old German tanks. They're beautiful, durable machines that outperform all else in their class.

AMD, on the other hand, takes more the Soviet approach. You'll get a lot more bang for your buck from an AMD card, but they produce a lot of heat and draw a lot of power. They can suffer from crib death, too, if you're particularly unlucky.

If you're on a budget, AMD is the way to go. I've used their cards for years and haven't had any bad problems with it. Now, if you're mining bitcoins or folding proteins or some shit, have a real need for performance computing and can spare the cash, spring for a NVIDIA card.

Wasn't that only an issue with gtx 970?

lol, this nigger still using the 970.

poorfag detected

>3.5gb gimp
Sorry I only buy Titan X's, I don't understand.

My 390 is probably the best purchase I ever made

lol, just upgrade to the 1060 6GB. Almost 50% better performance, same price point and able to handle pretty much anything you can throw at it for 1080p max settings and 1440p high/medium at 60 fps. just make sure you pair it with a decent skylake cpu

Has your English ever been good? Pathetic nigger.

Nvidia driver updates are a pain though, and quite intrusive with their telemetry.

Amd driver updates are few and make people worried about ceased support for older cards.

>all ultra 1080p mastawaste
I thought we were on 2k-4k now

>1,7% wood screws
>good
>nvidia

wrong. AMD have much, much better performance overall for bitcoin mining. this has been benchmarked multiple times.

But if you're a serious miner, buy a mining oriented card, you can get them cheap and they outperform any other peripheral because they are designed exclusively for coin mining

Not sure if you meant to reply to me. I have a gtx 1070 btw.

I use an ultrawide curved, but if the nigger is using a 970, then changes are he's on 1080p. also the latest steam survey showed that still about 80% of steam gamers use 1080p monitors.

Even titans stuggle at 4k.

samefag

well of course, I just meant the the 1080 meme should be dead

>memecoin

try again, amd cuck

Kek, i can appreciate this.

Aside from once or twice in the last decade their cards have been better than AMD's

AMD is a fucking joke now. Their GPU department is worth LESS now than it was when they bought it from ATI. I'm not sure how they do it, but the GPU department is still around despite loosing hundreds of millions every year for the last 5 years.

1080p is still the most commonly used gaming resolution for pc, check steam hardware surveys

I usually get a decent 60fps or more on games. I use a 4k tv that only outputs 60hz anyway.
nope sorry

How is it a meme? 1920x1080 is common and cheap. What people are getting more into is refresh rates, 120-144hz and pushing into 165+hz territory for consumers.

Really? Huh. Today I learned.

1080-ultra meme friendo, and we all know refresh rte requires more flops

AMD haven't lost any money on GPU's, they have focused on console processing until recently. Most "next gen" consoles use AMD processors and graphics. This alone has made them huge profits.

AMD is the everyman's budget option in regards to PC, NVidia has always aimed more upmarket until recently

4K TV. Speaking of memes.

Unless you're sitting up close to the TV (closer than 10 feet) or unless it's larger that 60", then you wasted your fucking money on something that will have no difference than 1080.

amd is only 2 years behind

1080 is good for monitors less than 27 inches, and 1440p is good from 27"-32". There's no reason to get 4k on a monitor less than 30" unless you want scaling issues.

4k will be entirely worth it when 180-240hz is standard in 3 years

or workspace?

>4k at 240hz
Please, stop. I can only get so erect!

I do both my t.v. is literally right in front of me and it's 50 inches. It was also free with my 65 inch.

teraflop ciiittty~

Do you even english?

Maybe for rendering video, yeah. But then at least get a monitor that isn't tiny since 4k causes scaling errors in small screens that have trouble handing high dpi.

They make fuck all from consoles though. The only way consoles make money is to get their parts as cheep as fuck, and AMD makes almost nothing on it. It's why nVidia dropped out of the console market, just not worth it.

nVidia has over 70% of the market share when it comes to graphics cards. AMD is in no way, shape, or form a threat to nVidia.

It's not worth it though. It's all the bells and whistles that it comes with (like HDR) that people think is what makes 4k great. But HDR on 1080 is the same (at least when it comes to the average home TV, which is 10 feet away and under 60")

This is like saying if Intel processors are any good.

I mean they have problems, but compared to the competition it's like a tesla against a horse drawn carriage.

Same shit with nvidia

Ignore the OP, it's just an AMD user trying to justify a shitty purchase.

>t least get a monitor that isn't tiny since 4k causes scaling errors in
4k 8" phatlet/tablet tho

TVs are not computer monitors, you retards. If you bought a 4k television for gaming instead of a computer monitor, my grandma hates you.

nvidia has a high market share because they are closed source and partner regularly with game developers, this is why you often see nvidia cards with "buy x card and get y game free" promotions.

AMD are open source, aimed more towards mid range/budget computer owners, and currently are focusing on their upcoming market share battle royale with intel using Ryzen processors.

Don't get me wrong, I love nvidia and have been on the green team for years, but AMD are not small fry. they totally own the console processing and rendering market (though rumour is nvidia will be powering the nintendo switch), and there are market predictions for AMD to claim a huge portion of the processor market share with ryzen release, as they are offering equal power to intel at roughly 50~70% of the cost.

AMD have to exist because without AMD both intel and nvidia would be free to skyrocket their prices without competition. Be thankful for them, not dismissive of them.

for a lot of standard electronic consumption price point is only a part of what makes people by up-to date tvs
I know several basic asf pennybag types who would pay out the ass for 240hz curved OLED 70" passive 3D 4K if it was avalible at their local blue pricetag retailer

AMD owns the console market because nVidia dropped out, they didn't want that market. AMD won by default.

The problem is also that Nvidia's marketing dept. do a lot of work aimed at young gamers, so while they are good cards they will also have legions of twelve-year-olds flaming AMD users out of corporate loyalty. Playstation vs Xbox all over again.

Call your grandma. Tell her I don't give a fuck!