To the user that wrote The Liliad, if you're out there (slim chance):

To the user that wrote The Liliad, if you're out there (slim chance):
I hope you're managing.You didn't ruin anyone else's life but your own. You *didn't* ruin Lilly, you were there for her when she needed someone.
You're a good man, and you deserve better than how the ending made me envision your life.
Please, I wish you all the best. I hope you manage to find peace with yourself.
If you can work up the courage, open up to a professional psychologist.

-An user that cares.

ps. This likely will not ever be seen by that user. But the story left me shaking, feeling like I had to extend a helping hand.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/bibanon/bibanon/wiki/The-Liliad
imgur.com/a/Ypfub#0
youtu.be/d-crQVV5bXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>>/Reddit/

I wouldn't think he'd check reddit. Besides, I'm too much of an oldfag to figure out how reddit fuckin' works.
Sup Forums is where it started, Sup Forums is where I extend my hand.

awh now i want to know the story..

No, you don't. Trust me. Unless you really want something to jump your adrenal system into overdrive and confuse you for quite a while.
If you still want to, it's easy to find.

come on stop being a fag and start delivering

>The Liliad

It's literally a single google result away even for the newest of fags.
Also, unlike Tasha's Brother's story, I didn't quite feel like "yeah this'll be fun to share".
It's a good story, until you realize it's fcking real.

is there a tl;dr version

So much text

This is the simplest tl:dr I can give you, doesn't convey the struggle, the feels. read full story at own risk.

> Guy chats with similar age friend
> Guy finds out it wasn't the friend, it was her way younger sis.
> He's 16, she's 12
> Confusion
> Acceptance
> Dating
> Fucking
> years later: shame, afraid he ruined her
> guy can't get over her despite almost 2 years apart
> she missed him too
> they fight hard to get back together
> Like, very hard.
> life becomes good
> she's 18, he's ~23
> her father dies
> suddenly weirdness
> father molested her when she was 9 and up
> she says she just wanted someone that wasn't 'daddy'
> she walks out the door
> guy is broken
> Guy gets mail from her a while later, stating she does still care for him
> guy replies too late, she disappeared from the earth.
> guy is 100% broken
> I wouldn't be surprised if he killed himself.
> k, cool story bro.
> this is actually real.

Hah, if that's too much text, try Tasha's Brother. That one ends a lot better though.

TL;DR from ED
>OP meets some girl's little sister, and becomes moralfag when he turns 18 and breaks up with the now 14-year-old Lily (after fucking her twice) and then comes back because...?
>Then Lily's dad dies and she says that he molested her and OP goes into faggot-overdrive and tells her he 'still loves her' and as a result they break up permanently and now he says he will an hero.

wow
i'm fucking impressed

She fucking ruined him though.. I can't help but think she knows and is equally fucked up, if she's still alive.

>Twilight for Sup Forumstards

Bet you won't repeat that if you read the story.

>The Liliad was probably one of the most popular stories on Sup Forums, ever.
Guess Sup Forumstards like twilight?

I've been here too fucking long

Yeah, but Lolita is fiction, right?

yeah and Sup Forums is real

*Requiem for a Dream soundtrack*

The ending of The Liliad contains too much of OP's emotional struggle to be fiction. Nobody acts that well.

Anyway, it's heartwrenching to me. These two people are probably both wrecked, thinking they ruined the other one. They would be the perfect friends, and maybe even lovers again if they were to meet.
More than likely they'll never meet again, kill themselves, or live a life of depression, sadness, and loneliness.
A future I wish upon nobody.

>Nobody acts that well

This is Sup Forums, we have some fucking geniuses lurking here, it's just this is the only place they'll get recognition

Personally, I preferred Tasha, a lot more humour. Apart from when Amanda went apeshit

part 1 done, moving on to part 2...

Yeah, Tasha was a great read. What part do you mean with "When Amanda went apeshit"?

Tasha's story left me feeling quite sad/alone so I figured I'd read something else, well, Liliad certainly showed me the other end of the spectrum.

RIP your heart.

some turd smacked one of their friends about, so Amanmda went and found him (Pete drove) and she beat the shit out of him, breaking her hand after the first punch.

sweet girl

>Tasha's story left me feeling quite sad/alone

you probably won;t want to hear about his dad then

Oh yeah, lol. That was a bit more serious, but it did a lot for character building :P.

Pete's dad?
........ go on?

pfft
thanks for spoiling the book, i intended to read it you know?

His dad was diagnosed with a brain tumour about 6 months after the story ended. Pete & Amanda had a rush wedding so his dad could be there, and his mum had a
baby girl (Veronica) about 2 weeks before he died.

On a lighter note, last I heard they'd just had their second child & Amanda was about to finish her education. (open university)

>reading a book for its story
mom get off Sup Forums wtf

kewk

I'm going to need proof on that update and even more proof of the connection between those names and the author.

Wow, that sucks :( how do you know these updates? I searched a bit but can't find anything beyond the final "stop telling people about us" thing.
Maybe I'm a bit stalker-y but I've kept wondering how they were doing.

I have Pete's e-mail address. He gave it out on one of his last updates (follow-ups, not story updates)

Atleast Pete's dad could see his son getting married. Dunno, it's an early death, and it sucks hard for his mom and the baby, but it pales to how much my heart was wrecked after The Liliad.
Not trying to make it sound like it's nothing though..

Okay.. I don't know how he's doing now, but apart from what happened to his father apparently he seemed to mostly be having the life I have been dreaming of.
To be honest... hearing about his dad (not yet 100% confirmed, internet and stuff) actually makes me feel a bit better.. His story really made it sound like his life was the best one could have.. I'm kinda glad shit happens to everyone..

Your mother was probably here flashing her tits before you were born..

Anybody got caps of the fuLloyd story? I'm genuinely interested

Full*

fuLloyd story?

full oyd story? tf?

I'm on mobile dickhead. Nice almost quads

Not dissing you, fuckface, just legit wondering WHICH story you mean you want to see.

Also, quads, like age, is just a number.

The liliad

There ya go.

Also, from the previous link, this should be the screen caps:
imgur.com/a/Ypfub#0

Thanks bro. Retarded and hungover here. Checked

You sure you're not Pete himself?

Cheers

I wish. I'm a 43 year old truck driver out in the sticks, but I do know where Pete lives, at least the general area

I think most of Sup Forums would love to be Pete himself..
Though I wouldn't be surprised if he fucks his life over with another "it wasn't my fault!" moment.
Amanda's awesome, but I bet she can only take so much.

Nah, she's a Kentish Council girl - they're tough, especially if she's from the estate I think she's from

No idea what that is, but I'll take your word for it.
You seem to know an awful lot about them :P

youtu.be/d-crQVV5bXs

?

I figured out where they were from when he joined the gym that was very close to his new flat with a balcony. Plus the car dealership and the all-girls school. I grew up in the same town

Ah, fair enough. Did you ever meet/see any of em?
I know I sound stalker-y. I'm too fucked up/lonely so I guess I'm grasping at straws.

Nah. Chasnces are I might have passed them in the town, but as I have no idea what they look like I'd have beene none the wiser

Bummer. I'd love to have a social life like Pete's, even if it were all without the skin/sex. Just having people around..

Fuck.. I became what I never wanted to become.. homedwelling depressed med-fag