Am a professional musician AMA (last one 404'd before I could answer much)

Am a professional musician AMA (last one 404'd before I could answer much)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MR-UBNQf_II
youtube.com/watch?v=oFiDcazicdk
youtube.com/watch?v=fte2YrMta7g
youtube.com/watch?v=YSLeuGP24R8
youtube.com/watch?v=rvnOvUy78cI
youtube.com/watch?v=nG_GDdMrBks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how much do you make working at McDonalds?

Are you a professional musician?

Kek, good one. I make enough as a musician to live comfortably and happily in an apartment with me and my dog.

Yes

Can you play chopstick?

What music do you make? What genre? Where do you get your inspiration, what bands, other artists,? If you make lyrics do you get inspiration from other musicians lyrics or from poets?

Post a pic of your stellar apartment with dog.

It's chopsticks and obviously yes. Although I am a brass player not piano player

I play orchestral music, I do write my own music but mostly as a hobby. I play in symphonic orchestras, wind ensembles, jazz groups and big bands. Sometimes I also will do some band camp clinics for marching, jazz, or concert high school bands.

have you thought about making manly music aka metal?

Metal is way too easy and simple. Also I'm not a 14 year old edgelord so I'm not into that shitty music

wrong answer, a professional musician never shits on another genre with a plebian generalisation.

gtfo you disgrace your dubs.

musician here
rap and metal are the worst genres

Do the homeless people get mad when you strum out "smoke on the water" all day on thier begging corner?

I can genuinely say I enjoy all music. But metal isn't music is just retards playing 3 different chords and screaming into a microphone. I enjoy rap, I like hip hop, I like rock and roll, I like just about every type of music except metal. PS the other reply lied about being OP

>saying shit about other musician
>being a "musician"

How much money your parents have put into your useless life?

THIS WAS NOT OP I actually like rap lol. OP here btw.

I play in symphonic orchestras not in the street, quit trying to be funny and ask actual questions

this

>likes rap
>musician

lmao whats the point if your taste is shit

I enjoy all music. I don't care if the music is hard or easy to play. Rap has alot of good beats and some of it is really cool. I mostly like to listen to jazz and classical, those are my fave genres and the ones that I play

this now a metal thread

You can like or dislike any type of music if you wan't. But any peoples that have worked in the industry know that you can't shit on peoples. Relations in this industry will make you either a professional or a stupid corner wanker.

I mostly play instrumental and progressive rock you stupid cunt.

read this

Listen man, I'm not a big time musician. I play in large groups. Like for instance I was part of the orchestra that made all of the music for civ V. Also this is anonymous, I'm not gonna go up to a guy who enjoys metal and say "fuck you metal is trash"

everyone knows rap beats are the best, but thats practically another genre

I listen to hip hop and nujabe because I enjoy the music but the lyrics are retarded, racist, misogynistic (not that id care) and overall shitty
rap is the worst genre

btw progressive rock is a meme

I will definitely not ask you for shit. You can be a very humble professional musician, that's not the point. The point is not being a self egocentric asshole that think that he's above the mass. Be this guy and you will be lockup.

You're look like a nice guy user, but don't be that guy.

The guy that said I play progressive rock isn't me (I'm OP) I hate when people impersonate on this site.

I'm not, I'm not self centered and I don't shit on opinions. I think I'm in good standing

Musician here, Fuck dubstep

metal is shit guys hurr durr
youtube.com/watch?v=MR-UBNQf_II

metal is easy
youtube.com/watch?v=oFiDcazicdk

Actual OP here, there is some good dubstep, but the majority is bad

OP here, that was really damn good and I love the mashing of genres, noice

metal is the bastard son of classical music. learn to love it, you will be a better musician.
youtube.com/watch?v=fte2YrMta7g

well all music is, autist

This is really good, thank you user.

What are the most common doubling techniques for brass/woodwind/strings?

Give examples of scenarios where different doublings are favourable.

When splitting a chord between the registers of different instruments, are there any fundamental concepts I should be aware of?

With said split chord, if I am arpegiating between the notes are there certain steps (outside of major 3rd 5th 7th) that I should be aware of or is that defined by the genre - such as blues and the blues note.

I have a lot more to ask.

How the fuck is rap the worst genre when country and emo music exist?

nah, rap is monkey drums. its not about beats its about harmony.

only the dumbs love the drums.

youtube.com/watch?v=YSLeuGP24R8

onl

Sleepwalk is one the best jazz classic and its insanely easy to play.

Messhuggah is not only a downstroke 8 string band. Their is some fucking insane song writing in that band but that personal taste. Easy music =/= shitty music.

Look at this. Guitars parts are not complicated, but the whole thing is majestic as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=rvnOvUy78cI

How many sons have you sired?

Good metal is widely considered to be almost as complex as jazz. You obviously have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

i love this cunt, even if i'm more of a death metal guy. it's all about harmony. easy can be genious we only have to know the difference. i got you user.

my last gift to you
youtube.com/watch?v=nG_GDdMrBks

>ask real questions

>asks real question
>no reply

should i give up on my dreams of being a musician?

alternatively, should i kill myself?

What's so bad about emo? American Football is really good and it's one of the most entry level emo bands out there.

And lyricism if you have the right artist.

I ask the only genuine question about music and it gets ignored.

have you ever stuck an instrument up your butt or put your dong in an instrument

Everyone knows American Football doesn't count since it's before Blood on the Dance Floor and all the other groups that made the genre trash.

>hawthorne heights
>taking back sunday
>MCR
>silverstein
>underoath
>funeral for a friend

all great emo bands

Didn't know that band, thanks user, its always nice to hear new stuff.