British Culture

Do the former colonies even have a unique culture? Looking from the outside, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia are no more than dispossessed brits.

Just look at the USA compared to these places, im sorry we dont have glorious inventions like vegemite and fake bacon.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gz6Jk8RttlE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iAZC8RIX554
youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZYhVpdXbQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Australia is very different to England, Canada and New Zealand and they're all very different to each other

Yes, but you'll probably see more differences driving along the east coast here than in the anglosphere

no

Renshaw on pooicide watch

American culture
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gz6Jk8RttlE
Canadian culture
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iAZC8RIX554

>American culture
I weep with laughter every time I see somone mention such a concept

They're similar but not the same. It'd be like saying that the ex-Soviet states are the same as Russia.

Why don't americans/canadians speak like brits but aussies/new zealaners/south africans do?

wrong board lad?

You will unironically see more difference driving from Manchester to Liverpool than in the entire USA.

>fake bacon
peameal is gods gift to man

Deep south New Zealand is absolutely nothing like UK and the rest of NZ
We have a strong colonial culture we are the descendants of farmers and sailors in the 1800s

Australia isn't even homogenous across states, let alone compared to other english colonies

Deep south kiwis sound nothing like Brits
We roll our rs like Americans do

new zealanders and south africans have similar accents, australians don't outside of Adelaide

and by that I mean similar to eachother, the australian accent is distinct except for a few sounds in the South Australian accent

If Americans have no culture then why do euros always complain about "Americanization"?
Cod it be that our culture is just so prevalent that we appear to not have a culture at all?

American culture obviously exists, it's just so fucking bland that people say you have no culture

>American culture
>bland
Jesus Christ you are fucking retarded
American culture is the largest cultural influence on New Zealand, and probably Australia as well
My gen z sister grew up obsessed with old American culture history fashion and films from 1960s to 1800s, and she is a normie with normie friends who are also Americanised

being influential doesn't make it not bland

kys retarded peelander

Americans were too stupid to handle English so they made up their own simplified version.

he's talking about accents, not language you dumb fuck

Christ, are you that Sup Forumstard sheepfucker who keeps making a complete arse of himself in threads on Sup Forums?
Have six, mate.

They are intertwined. Get off the chan and do your school work.

Fuck, Americans are stupid when it comes to countries other than their own

no they're not

youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZYhVpdXbQ
Mum's friend's son's favourite song and film is this, he's 6 and loves Trump
You're a pretentious numale cuck that doesn't like fun, what "culture" do you deem not bland, Kek

what has any of this got to do with my post

back to Sup Forums and reddit

Our exported culture is even more blend than the rest because no "human" level culture flows through multinational corporations with fingers ask over the globe. The internet has rectified this a bit but it is still largely the case. If my knitter of British cultures came from their cultural exports Id have nothing positive to say about it.

that's nice except no other culture in the world comes across as bland, just America's, despite also coming through cultural exports

Nuke Auckland when?

Why don't you answer my question instead of going ad hominem?

I only post here on Friday and Saturday nights, prob some other kiwi user you're talking about
Some places in NZ people have Sup Forums tier conversations in public
We aren't sensitive cucks like Australians and North Islanders

So you're saying aussie """""""""""""culture"""""""""""" is less bland than America's?
You have to be shitposting

yes I am

The first English speaking settlements outside of the British Isles were in North America (Canada, USA, the West Indies) in the 1500s.

The 1500s were a long, long time ago. North American English evolved over 500 years from now archiac dialects from the West of England.

English accents in England developed parallel to what was going on in North America (interaction with non-anglos; natives, french, spanish, immigration from continental Europe, western expansion).

By comparison, the rest of the English speaking world is much later, and are either colonies founded entirely by British transplants, or are directly ruled over by British administrators.

English in Africa, Asia, and Oceania are directly from Britain. English in the Americas developed in isolation from Britain over the course of 500 years, and the end result is two distinct branches of English; North American English and Britonic English.

this is fundamentally incorrect

yeah everyone knows england shipped it's criminals to australia, and everyone knows the criminals are lower class and have the thickest accents.

at no point in Australia's history were convicts the majority of settlers, private settlers from all over the british isles formed the majority.

the convicts had a lot of irish and welsh representation, so the Australian accent developed as an amalgamation of all the different british accents plus an influence from abos. The irish and welsh influence is particularly notable when you compare the eastern state (the convict colonies) accents to South and Western Australia (private settlements with English settlers, but even that difference was reduced after the gold rush in western australia filled the colony with australians from the east.

the Australian accent is fundamentally distinct from the english accent.

kys

tl:dr

>mention convicts
>LE U R LE BEE TEE EFF OH XD XD

Australian is just a devolved cockney accent

except it isn't and any linguist will tell you that