Lex Luthor is a character who thinks Superman is evil and that he's deceiving everyone

>Lex Luthor is a character who thinks Superman is evil and that he's deceiving everyone

>BvS Lex thinks if you are all powerful, then you are not all good. and wants to expose him but is also a millennial

what is the problem with him again?

Other urls found in this thread:

manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He talks like berries and cream guy

>Lex Luthor is a character who thinks Superman is evil and that he's deceiving everyone

Since when?

Lex Luthors hatred for Superman stems from his own narcissism. He resents Superman for being superior to himself solely because of his alien DNA.

He craves the adoration Superman receives for himself. He sees himself as a kind of Ubermensch destined to lead humanity, but finds that Superman is constantly in his way.

>Lex Luthors hatred for Superman stems from his own narcissism
yes, but he reasons it. He views himself as the hero of the story

>he's never read Lex Luthor: Man of Steel

plebs don't get him
manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/

I feel sorry for the people who takes their time to analyze this pretentious piece of shit, only to write more pretentious shit.

>I feel sorry for people that use their brain.

That's about it.

If you read Red Son it's pretty clear Lex thinks humanity's super hero can't be an alien.

I liked Lex's hair, it was nice. Probably smells good too

His acting.

YES YES WELL DONE HAIRLINE WELL DONE

MMMM HOWEVER

desu he looks good bald, maybe even better than normal

>>BvS Lex thinks if you are all powerful, then you are not all good.

Why think this though? What evidence is there to believe this line of thinking?

You know what else looks good bald, maybe even better than normal? My balls.

Yep

Probably that's why Zack chose him in the first place

Because his dad beat him so hard he got brain damage.

Instead of petty motivations like Hollywood has accustomed these plebs, we get a villain with a deep philosophical and ideological quarrel with the protagonist and the audience flips out, you can't make this shit up.

>Lex's dad is "all powerful" compared to a young boy and is bad
>Thus anyone more powerful than Lex is bad

Makes sense now. So Lex is stuck as a perpetual child with daddy issues.

IIRC, Snyder picked him for Luthor because he was originally slated to be Jimmy Olsen who dies at the start.

Jesse said no, and Snyder was so blown away by a real live human reaction like that that he put him as Luthor instead.

>daddy issue
>deep

He applies the problem of evil to superman. The problem of evil is an argument against the existence of an all knowing all powerful all good god. If superman is all powerful and evil exists then he can't be all good, or else he would've stopped it. If he is all good and evil still exists then it must mean he isn't really all powerful.

This is retarded because superman isn't all knowing and also it isn't superman's responsibility to take care of the world's problems because he didn't create it so he can just sit at home and still be morally pure and good.

See and I picked up that that's what they were trying to go for but I stopped and thought "This was barely a coherent argument when applied to God, let alone an alien who is simply super strong. There's no way anyone would buy this".

Yeah it isn't a good argument against god because you can say humanity's suffering is part of a plan and it's especially stupid in this movie. Lex is supposed to be this genius schemer but he can't see the glaring flaws in his own logic?

>implying they have a brain

U-uh o-ok user...

Here's what's wrong.

top kek. it was ripped apart before and will be ripped apart again.

This film is so good actually.

They should have gotten Kevin Spacey to play him again

>implying BvS needs a protagonist
You don't need to care about the characters to enjoy the story on a thematic and cinematographic level.

>what is the problem with him again?
he killed best girl

lmao

I read about Doomsday and its creators the other day. Supposedly, they wanted to show how much the world needed Superman and it was supposed to be sort of artistic backlash against the edgy and gritty 90s. Doomsday's design was made to everything wrong with current DC comic zeitgeist.

And to think Snyder makes Doomsday look like the other garbage monsters (everything wrong with monsters), but in the mean time he also subverts the original purpose of Superman dying (to show how much the world needs him, to extinguish one of its greatest heroes)

He brings the age of heroes with Superman dying in the film, not to show much the world needs him like the petty writers of the original comic, but to show how the empathy the Superman had towards humans and vice versa, completely reverse from the comics and a message far less cynical than the original writers of the comic had in mind.

I think it's really neat, it is sort of stealth optimism message.

HE WILL BUILD ANOTHER ONE FUCK

The movie was about a conflict of ideals, it was never about a physical fight. The consequence was that batman decided to form the JL and Darkseid found earth.

It's terribly sad how you believe that "happening" is a synonym to "fighting".

>And to think Snyder makes Doomsday look like the other garbage monsters (everything wrong with monsters),
this actually makes a lot more sense.

The fact that nobody want or expect this take in the character says much.
Th fact that Eissenberg show disdain for the character says much.
The fact that his plan doesn't make sense say much.
I mean,you can make some sense for the character inside the narrative, but the question is, was the best decision going for this version of the character?
My opinion is "no".

what

Now if he makes a complete 180 on Justice League (he is directing that right?) I will shit bricks

Lex is so fucking good in Red Son. He even wins in the end! Honestly, they should probably adapt Red Son to film some day. It'd be pretty hard to fuck it up

What ideals?

>It'd be pretty hard to fuck it up
right.

Lex finds an answer to his issue with Problem of Evil wrt. to Superman in BvS. He doesn't really 'lose' unless you count such petty thing like staying in jail 'losing'.

Holy shit, are you a dumb pleb.

kek

Stay in high school

Steppenwolf looks really interesting already I think,

It seems like they're not making him a human-looking alien either.

Then why isn't he happy when he's in jail?

>Marvel movies are objectively better than DC movies

What is the problem with this again?

(you)

If Zack Snyder is in it for the fucking THREE FILM LONG CON, well I can't even imagine my reaction at the end of Justice League..

And yes, that is absolutely thrilling to look at. It shows there had to be some idea to make Doomsday reflect the bland designs (like in the 90s) since, you know, well that thing (Steppenwolf) looks interesting (and the way he vanishes)

>*plop*
>"I'm naming that one.....Martha"

haha, plebs

IS THIS ASIAN ROBOT GIRL FROM EX MACHINA?
THE DANCING ONE?
I CAN'T TELL THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME??!!

I didn't realize Snyder was attached to JL2

Before i didn't mind if BvS was dumbed down since I already greatly enjoyed MoS, now I really hope JL does well so that we can have another great film.

Superman wants to help out if he can.

Lex sees Superman as the god who failed to save him from an abusive father thereby he's either not all powerful or isn't all good.

Batman is the anti hero who sees more and more thugs popping up for every one thug he takes down. He wants a lasting legacy and sees it when he sees Zod take down several city blocks. He blames it all on Clark of course.

through out all of this Lex wants to be the hero everyone needs so he has a plan to both discredit and take out either or, one kills the other and whoever survives is lesser because of it.
In the outtakes from what I understand Superman doesn't hear his mother's fear because he's drowning out a lot of cries and calls for help from everywhere. He hears Lois because she screams. Of course I have to verify this but if true then this adds to the burden of the superman.

Another outtake says Kimbo slice is paid by Lex to kill anyone branded by Batman which ruins Bat's rep everywhere else that isn't gotham.

He is directing JL if I got it right.

And you got me wrong if you think I mean MoS or BvS were dumped down. I think the man has some sort of vision that spans three films, and takes three films to do

Maybe that's where he's going towards at the end of BVS. I could see him stop giving a shit about being all good and simply wanting to be more powerful than Superman. Add in all the shit where people were literally worshipping Superman and I could see him beginning to think that he deserves to be worshipped more than Superman because at least he's human. I could also see him losing his social anxiety after being in prison. Lex is a sort of character that always wants to become stronger so I can sort of understand why you would have his origin be some weird nerd who doesn't know how to speak in public since you have to have something to build him up from.

BVS did the same shit the first season of Daredevil did with Kingpin but it didn't work as well because 1: it wasn't obvious that they were doing a sort of 'you won't truly see this character until the sequel' origin story and 2: because we probably won't see this character for years as opposed to Kingpin who we saw like 6 months after the first season of Daredevil.

Am I the one that got a sort of Metal Gear villain vibe from Lex' plan?

No I meant that after MoS got such scathing reviews for being a little too pontificating, i thought BvS would be a lot simpler. I'm glad it's not though and I'm really hoping JL is in the same vein, hopefully they can pull it off with the lighter tone.

I'm sure Snyder can pull it off, I hope he doesn't eat away at himself trying to please everyone.

MoS and BvS have such unified vision with same threads of ideas progressed that I doubt he will back away from them.

If my stealth optimism, birth of heroic age guess is right (I haven't read comics, I literally just read interview by creaters of Doomsday) then JL will probably be lighter and upfront about its optimism, more colorful in cinematography even. The striking difference between Doomsday and Steppenwolf, the striking difference between what it means for Superman to die in the og comic in comparison to BvS.. I really think this mad man might've been planning this all along.

Really liked UC of BvS, haven't seen theatrical.

Man of Steel left me cold, I really want a Director's Cut of it now that I saw UC of BvS

Yes he planned to make two critically panned and universally hated movies so that we would all love this third one.

Brilliant plan.

not his fucking fault the retards can't appreciate him

He was stuck with Goyer. Can't remember where I read it but Goyer came in with Nolan so it's not like he actually had a choice. from what i remember, wonderwoman and JL was shoe horned in. I think they wanted to go with supes being the government's stooge against Batman. that would have worked better but between wonderwoman and then amy what's her face wanting more screen time, the move got cluster fucked.

Has Goyer ever written anything decent

In every instance a better director took Goyer's shit and tried their utmost to turn it into salad. This time around, Goyer and Nolan were the bosses and Nolan would have sided with Goyer. DC at this point made two billion with the two so they had more say than anyone, as far as DC was concerned.

To see how shitty Goyer is just look at the blade trilogy. the first two involved the directors telling goyer to fuck off and changed the story to improve the narrative, in especially Del toro, Goyer wanted sissy vamps with teeth in their hands, del toro called it rubbish and spent months reworking the script and the vamps, reapers were the result. blade 3 was all goyer, and its pure shit. wesley snipes behaved like a loon on set because he knew it was shit.

>Make shit movies
>People think they're shit
>WOW bugged movie review mechanics

This still might be one of the funniest things in a movie ever.

Good grief, I remember Blade Trinity all too well now. It was such a fucking piece of shit after Guillermo Del Toro's good second installment (even the fist one is a decent action pulp)

>sley snipes behaved like a loon on set because he knew it was shit.
Makes so much sense actually.

>Goyer wanted sissy vamps with teeth in their hands

Fucking LMAO. To think that Blade II would inspire Guillermo to make his very own vampire take that would continue in the Strain

Dodged a fucking bullet there

A lot of posters identified with Lex and to see him portrayed by a Jew causes some cognitive dissonance.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>deep

The worst part for me in Blade 3, the part that made me want to find goyer and beat the living shit out of him was the scene at the police station where it's this corridor you see and Blade and the vamp busters are in the middle, the cops on one side and the vamps on the other, Blade says duck, everyone ducks, there's a beat, and then the other idiots on either side starts shooting at each other and not at blade or the night stalkers. and the editing was shit.

Goyer was a fan of the spider animated shit back in the day, I was a fan too but I raged when they had mobious vampy sucky bits in his hands. But to have years later that goyer, a fucking maker of a RATED R MOVIE, decides to go with this idea because he thought it would have been cool, was too much.

there were insider gossip of how Goyer went ape after Del Toro made short of his reapers sissy teeth in hands deal. What we got was far more menacing. But Goyer took writing credit of course, even though Del toro saved that movie.

I think the strain worm vamps were del toro's idea first but the studio wanted the reapers to be closer to humanity.

The Strain has probably the top 3 monster designs I've seen. The Vampires in it are fucking horrifying. Wish I had some webms saved of them. Can't wait for new season just to see the vamp designs again.

I hope Geoff Johns has some influence on the screenplay of JL.

Strain vamps are even less sexier than 30 days of night vamps and they weren't sexy at all. In fact there's nothing remotely sexy about them at all.

They're grudgey and dirty and nasty and drone like. They're like a swarm of death only less sexier than a swarm of bees or ants. Mosquitoes are sexier than they are.

I'm actually hoping Del Toro does dark universe still (Justice league dark but name changed for normies) but i would fucking love him to do a solo Specter movie. it would be so fucking good

>mfw the fucking sounds they make and those little white sperm worms they spread

good god GdT has some imaginary mind.. the autopsy was nasty too, the one where the vampire's 'tongue' gets ripped out of his body.

>what is the problem with him again?
Everything you just mentioned, also hammy acting for the sake of "comedy".

/thread

Cavill shoul have played Lex Luthor.

>typing like a retard
>thinking your opinions matter

This needed to be made. Is this really referring to the ultimate edition, too?
What a fucking trainwreck.

Personally, all this is a projection of Freud's psyche theory.
Superman is nothing more than the Über-Ich, a godlike entity which is above every human understanding of moral. He is the incarnation of the flawless ideology of humanism and within that the only force capable of defending the world of it's self and other threats.
Batman is the Ich, a line between the good (which he used to defend purly before the black swan event) and the amoral behavior of every single human being, but because he realizes that humanity does not want to be safed, batman uses lethal force. Batman is not really intimitated by supermans apperance, he controlles him. Like every Ich does over the Über-Ich.
Lex Luthor is the Es, the pure and from raw emotion driven piece of the human mind. He has no other function than corrupt the Ich and the Über-Ich, which concludes in his staged fight between superman and batman.

He isn't remotely all powerful either

Just much more powerful than a human

You do need to care about the characters for it to be a good movie, though.

They should've donated that hair to supes

I hate to sound edgy, but I really do think that the problem is that his motivation can be difficult to understand. Because the audience associates with Superman as one of the protagonists (especially since we had Man of Steel as a prequel to set up his character and no Batman movie to do the same thing) his whole line of thinking is foreign. The explanation behind the fear is probably a little more subtle than people were expecting.

On the other hand, the way the plot unfolded didn't really help in this regard. Luthor doesn't fully explain himself until the climax of the movie. But we see his moves in the game for the entire first half, interspersed between Batman and Superman.

We don't see how what he's done has any merit whatsoever, because he doesn't really get any results, so we think that he's essentially stupid and useless. Add to that his unconventional portrayal, and it's sort of a soupy mess. I enjoyed it for its novelty, though.

His tongue gets pulled out and he shits ammonia. How can i forget?

I still hear the loud sound, *clang*, that tongue makes when it hits the sink when it gets pulled out.

Powerful scene

You mad, DCuck?

Twitchy weirdo Lex was a bad choice. Millennial Lex was a bad choice.

Charismatic business man Lex that people actually like would have been better.

You retard I bet you think the Martha scene meant they made up just because their moms had the same name don't you? You're one if those people who can't grasp a single idea unless its presented in the most on the surface fashion imaginable it seems. Well I can't blame you, that's how most people are these days. Here's he thing tho, its sad that you place your judgements on something so harshly with so much passion when you don't even understand half of it.

>Sup Forumsposting

DON'T FLUSH THAT, IT HAS THE SAME NAME AS MY MOM

for the longest i day dreamed what would it be like to stick one's cock in one of them there worm's bum. no worm parasites near the bum you see, that's the waste bits. during the expulsion of ammonia, not a bloody worm parasite found. I think it's a safe place to put one's cock.

>I am just le exposing le false god
>oh and releasing a monster I cant control that starts rampaging

thanks lex

Well done, Superman

thanks satan