Doctor Who General - /who/

Army of Ghosts 10 years later edition

Pretty GOAT build-up episode
1 more episode until the best season turns 10 years old

Other urls found in this thread:

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Foreman#The_Leaked_Scripts
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7x2P-L3p262N1hab2hVQVZBWGM&usp=sharing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinda_(Doctor_Who)
archive.is/7eSsd
youtube.com/watch?v=79XAEN9gAx0
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Jask
bigfinish.com/releases/v/classic-doctors-new-monsters-volume-01-1315?range=113
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This can be eassily arranged.

Posting in b8 thread.

UPDATED CASTING CALL FOR THE /who/ AUDIO PRODUCTION OF "Foreman"

1.01 - 'Nirvi'
Scripts here: doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Foreman#The_Leaked_Scripts

Most of the audio has been recorded, but before we can get to mixing the episodes we need 2 more big-ish roles filled. If you want a small and quick easy part, there are still a few of those left as well. Believe in yourself

= MAJOR PARTS WE STILL NEED =

>NIRVI CHANDRATREYA
A "brittle" independent feminist biracial former-Muslim atheist politics student, who wishes to find a sense of belonging in the world.
>"I was attacked by a tentacle monster and saved by an alien who looks like a lanky white boy. Can’t get shocked after a night like that."

>ALEX STARLING
A "fiery" young man, he is disorganised and hopeless but a sexually ravenous party animal. Had a difficult past. Nirvi's 'emotional rock'.
>"Three-hundred year old space alien with razor cheekbones AND he makes a killer sandwich? You hold onto this one, Nirvi."

= MINOR PARTS STILL AVAILABLE =

>Grace Butterworth, an 'oldish white woman' who gives lectures (4 lines in Ep. 1)
"So we can take it as read that suffrage was an essential aspect of the political landscape in the following century. As soon as women entered the game --"

>Second Student, who the Doctor finds high as balls and experiencing 'extreme cognition' from the effects of the Axons' drug (11 lines in Ep. 3)
"Axis XYZ... W is time. Look at it, right? You can’t see time."

>UNIT Guardsmen 1 and 2 (1 line each in Ep. 4)
"You hear he’s Major Scobie’s boy?" "Really? What a waste."

To volunteer for a part, just post in the thread and/or email [email protected] and get recording.
Quality not required.
Any other type of contribution (eg sound design) is also welcome.

Google Drive for the project, with full cast info, files, scene lists and FAQ:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7x2P-L3p262N1hab2hVQVZBWGM&usp=sharing

I unironically liked the Stolen Earth & Journey's End.

This isn't a bad idea desu.

The Stolen Earth was pretty good. Journey's End is where it all went wrong.

Just about to watch Earthshock.

Am I in for a fun?

It's watchable.

>bring back Davros
>focus so much episode time on other nonsense he barely gets to do anything

So glad S9 gave him some actual scenes and dialogue.

Well, I'm not well versed in 5 Doc.
What's a kino from the early 80's?

>WHAT YEAR IS THIS?

Kinda

What the fuck are you talking about? Is this a defense or are you talking shit. I can't tell anymore

Enlightenment

Kinda what?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinda_(Doctor_Who)

Watch the Special Edition if you can. It has updated CGI effects that are actually much better than the aired version.

Ok. Watchin' Kinda instead.

Think I'd prefer the old FX. Part of why I like old Who is seeing the wires.

Fair enough. I like seeing the old effects too.

archive.is/7eSsd Here's every Classic Episode on google drive.

Yeah, that's the archive I'm pulling from.

Was gonna see Battlefield but one or two wouldn't load / DL.

Spielberg said after Peter Jackson does a secret project for him they're gonna do Tintin which would be just in time when Moffat's leaving. We'll he go back to write the next one?

Bit of a disappointment tbqh. A meeting between the Daleks and the Cybermen should have been GOAT but instead we got a few catty remarks and some pretty pedestrian battle scenes.

I don't think it's that likely, apparently he dropped out of Tintin relatively early on in order to take over Doctor Who so he probably wasn't a massive part of the final script. But they might get him back, who nose.

Adric dies. You could call that fun. Probably the best part of the serial after the cosy Cyber sentry chat.

His name is the first listed on the writing credits. Dunno if that means anything though.
But yeah you're probably right. He might not want to go back anyways.

Were the Victorian Torchwood audios good? All I really know about them is Jack had dodgy photoshopped sideburns on the box.

Not bad, though I always wondered why there was no Cyber-converted Dalek like a hybrid.

Because that would be shit

Well, probably, but imagine the figurine. (They probably still had the "Cybermen only use human tissue" thing in place too)

Ooh. Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish. I may be able to overlook Moffat's involvement and give this a look.

Phuck sake, series 2 was shite.

I think most Who fans were so grateful it was back on TV we didn't dare criticize it at the time.

Nice image. Can I have a transparent?

S2 = comfy and better than the melancholic, piss poor colour corrected Capaldi era. FACT.

Reminder that Charlie Brooker was willing to criticise Series 2 after it aired
youtube.com/watch?v=79XAEN9gAx0

>s2
>comfy
>well color corrected
>not melancholic

GOAT scenes.

Truly the worst series. Worst Doctor/Companion relationship. Only has 2 good episodes, 3 if you're feeling generous.

Capaldi and Bleach were amazing. Too bad there are no interviews with Julian Bleach about the show. I'd love to read or hear him talk about the Role.

Think he refuses to do them

Wonder why? I can understand being overwhelmed going to a convention or something but not even a DWM interview or something? Ah well.

I forget, how did Davros get out of this one?

Thanks.

Stolen Earth
Davros: 14 Lines Of Dialogue
Journeys End
Davros: 44 Lines Of Dialogue

The Magician's Apprentice
Davros: 25 Lines Of Dialogue
The Witch's Familiar
Davros: 76 Lines Of Dialogue

>And Davros is still shit in both stories

Why was he shit in S9?

The strip Emperor of The Daleks covers the events between Revelation and Remembrance quite well IIRC.

Didn't get any ranty Davros moments. The biggest letdown was the story though, or there lack of.

Based Brooker.

The girl Girly Letters harassed to have filming info has passed away today. This makes me sick that she had to put up with GL's shit when it should have been her own privileged moment. Rest in peace.

Not defending GL, but it's in extremely poor taste to pretend you give the slightest fuck about the dead girl when you only see her as an excuse to shitpost about GL and feel morally justified.
Do you have it on personal testimony from this girl that she gave a shit about the time GL asked her annoying Doctor Who questions on Twitter? How long ago was that anyway, last year?
And yet you write a post telling her to rest in peace, but spend almost half of it outraged at some stupid fucker who was totally irrelevant to her life. It's very clear where your real interest lies.

He was dying though. I thought the story was good for the most part, the only thing I really didn't like the stuff with Missy freezing the planes at the beginning. That felt unnecessary. Fair enough though if you disagree.

They were running around for 4 episodes and then crashed the freighter with no survivors. I guess it was fun, but out of classics I watched, this one was not actually memorable.

I think its a bit overrated because of Adric's death. It's not an awful episode though.

Fuck off mong user.

Absolutely not, that poor girl deserved to live way longer than she did and I think I have the same age as her so it hurts me even more. And it doesn't matter that she gave a shit about GL's intrusion in her life is simply bad form and irrespective to ask her such petty details about filming, the girl had a wish and it was supposed to be her day. I really wish the girl to rest in peace, regardless of Girly Letters and what I think of what she did to her. Sorry if I came across as "he's using that girl to shit on GL" that was not the intent, it's just that we only really did know about her because of GL's actions.

Are you ordering?

I agree user. GL should be ashamed. Wonder if she will tweet anything.

Unless it gets very positive reviews and word of mouth I'm not bothering.

I still don't understand how Sontarans are NuWho.

I imagine they are the shitty comedy Sontarans and not the based Sontarans of the classic era

Apparently she did.

People on GB actually think Pearl will still be the companion in Series 11.

It's been confirmed that the sotry is set during the time war.
Also, I tried psoting that pic earlier today but I couldn't because "they might have been some dangerous files in the pictures" or some bullshit like that. Never happened to me before.

It's ironic because the guy who plays Strax has been voicing Classic Sontarans in audios for a while now. So it will even sound the same.
From the description it sounds like they're basically doing 'Sontarans trying to join the Time War' and that's their justification.

Apparently it has to do with the Time War. And this guy? tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Jask

bigfinish.com/releases/v/classic-doctors-new-monsters-volume-01-1315?range=113

Idunno though. Still seems like an odd choice for a NuWho/Classic boxset. They should have used the Slitheen

But weren't the Sony Arabs left out of the Time War and that's why they hate the Time Lords?

>Time war
I thought the sontarans weren't allowed in the time war? At least thats what Staal was ranting about in the sontaran story of S4

Maybe? Was that said in the RTD Era?

>The final story is The Sontaran Ordeal by Andrew Smith. Paul McGann's Eighth Doctor do battle with his old enemies the Sontarans – but this time in a new and deadly form, ready for a War they must never take part in!
The Doctor probably stops them actually joining in.

Preordered
(it was a bday present)

Big Finish isn't canon so it doesn't matter.

I might have to. I'm trying to build a complete Paul McGann audio collection.

Do you think McGann will ever stop making audios? Seems like he's been doing them forever.

I never listened to any of them except the one in the River Song boxset and it wasn't that great

Well it's not entirely unpossible, probably won't be decided for sure until they see how Pearl's received

Well, he almost quit after the divergent arc because he basically thought that the storylines were bullshit. So he does not have the insane devotion to the show that, let's say, Colin has. But it's an easy job for ok cash.

Is it 4 hour long stories or more like main range?

4 hour long I think.

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand intense speculation for new doctor who series. There's been over 30. I like to just let it happen unless there's new doctor hype.

>mfw Yvonne Hartman

Aren't they doing the same thing in the next War Doctor set?

>"I didn’t enjoy my third year as much. It was a bit miserable," "The workload was just insane. I wasn’t coping as well. No-one else’s fault, all mine. The 50th was looming, and I didn’t know if we could make it work. It was a tough, tough time. My darkest hour on Who was that."

>"Matt, who was a friend and ally, was leaving – I couldn’t get him to stay. It felt like everything was blowing up around me. I was staggering into the 50th, with no Doctors contracted to appear in it, battered with endless hate mail about how I hadn’t got William Hartnell back and Sherlock Series Three at the same time."

>"I was pretty miserable by the end of it, and I coudn’t bear to let that be the end", he added, explaining why he stayed on after this tough series when the option to walk away was very much on the table.

>No-one else’s fault, all mine.
Oh Moffat, so modest. We all know it was C_______ S______'s fault, and that's why she had to be erased.

What will become of my
What will become of my daughter?

just finished Kinda.
reasonably entertaining commentary on colonialism, I guess?

The security guard loosing his mind was fun to watch.

Tegan seems like a waste of space and Nyssa was in the Tardis with menstrual cramps or something.

so they redid the special effects, huh? I don't much see the point. The giant Mara snake was fine and the Dark Space effects didn't bother me at all.

>The giant Mara snake was fine
Well, to each their own

New companion hype is ok too

>The security guard loosing his mind was fun to watch.

Nah. Within context, I still prefer the giant paper mache boondoggle.

Hindle a GOAT

YOU

Kek, only ever infosorbed Kinda in novel form and see what I missed...

RUINED

CAN'T

Why'd you do that?

MEND

PEOPLE