Velvet Underground thread

I recently started to listen to The Velvet Underground, especially their first album The Velvet Underground & Nico, which is a great album btw. I'd like to know from other Velvet Underground fans what's your favourite album or song by theirs that I should give a listen.

Hehe
Sucking on my ding-dong
Ho

>newfag
First album is the best and the best TVU songs are Heroin and I'm Set Free

O

V E R

R A

T E D

forbidden meme lost to the ages

Just listen to their first four albums. They're all great in their own way. Personally I like TVU&N best but they are all fantastic albums. Just avoid Squeeze.

this tbqh

Sister Ray is considered their best song by a few notable critics.

White Light/White Heat is a more avant garde album than TVU&N while TVU is more pop oriented. I haven't personally listened to Loaded so I couldn't tell you what it's about.

Listen to their albums chronologically. White Light/White Heat is their most experimental and noisey one, then they go for a softer mellow sound on Self-Titled. Then Loaded is upbeat and poppy with some of the greatest straight-up rock 'n roll songs made on it.

I feel like TVU lost its luster after John Cale left the band. S/T and Loaded are pretty good, but they don't even touch TVU&N and WL/WH.

t. historically ignorant

VU&N is a good album, but VU did better with White Light/White Heat and Nico did better with The Marble Insex and Desertshore

TVU&N - great
WL/WH - Sup Forums meme
Loaded - good dadrock
Squeeze - don't even bother

how many genres can we confirm TVU invented?

Yesterday was its 50th so your a bit late d00d

Noise
Punk
Dream-pop (sunday morning)
???

White Light/White Heat is their best

UL

TRA

PL

EB

It's still it's 50th year you dopey cunt.

Punk and noise? Explain.

TVU&N - 10//10
WL/WH - 10/10
S/T - 9/10
Loaded - 8/10
Squeeze - 2/10

White Light/White Heat

do you know what noise music is?

No. I thought it was that music that sounds like a vacuum.
Which songs? Because a few of those certainly aren't either of those.

everything on side 2 of wl/wh is basically just a noise fest