eglise-realiste.org/pdf/luther_juifs.pdf
youtu.be/-K7OBZrEwJ0
youtu.be/mCx3ov55tUw
youtube.com/watch?v=dKtApkJ7Btg
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quijote_de_Avellaneda
youtube.com/watch?v=fFfBB4WCFJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vive la France et les francais

As Spaniard studying and working in Germany I will answer to this in a subtle way.
I live in a city right next to the French border and have barely seen any french here, while Spaniards are common to see.
Really makes my brain overheat.

French

If you already know english French is easier

That's because you're all poorfags Jaime. We French people don't need to beg for work in Germany.

I dont know but their women are flexible who can be more culturally enriched by me tho

In case you mean languages, Spanish wins in flexibility. Both are equally rich languages with a great development history behind. So spanish wins .
t. Je parle français aussi

You just fill the tank...

both are shitty and easy languages even a retard can learn between 3 months of half-assed dedication.

do you prefer spics or nigs?

kek

la france est plein des blancs et l'amerique du sud est plein des amerindiens

Hmmmmmmm

The less Silent Letter is.
Incomplete and wrong languages tend to have a strong separation between notation and pronunciation.

French

Then you would love Castilian.

Then Spanish for you

France is richer. But Spain is way better. Nicer people. No gay lanuage. I dont like those resorts they have there. In the summer those places are filled with stupid people. But besides that Spain over France all day of the week.

Since spanish is spoken by more people i'd say it is richer

Both are very rigid languages sintax-wise

If literature is at all important to you, France has a more important and influential literary tradition than all of Spain and Latin America combined and then some. That's why I studied French. Actually, literature in languages other than English and French is marginal compared to them.

y-yea haha

>muh gay language

Jesus, shut up and fuck off with your memes.

>Which is more flexible
Spanish since grammar is not as strict as Spain has/uses more verb tenses in the real world. I don't know about the other uncommon tenses in French literature, though.
>richer
Unless some Frenchmen have some serious sources backing the contrary up, they're the same and there's direct translations for basically everything.

The thing about the Spanish vs French is that they are way too close to really consider them different languages in the greater sense of the word.
What you can attain in one language can be done in the other, this isn't the Latin vs Germanic flexibility debate.
>WE don't have to beg
Go back to France to talk down to others about your countrymen being superior, otherwise you look like a muh heritage shitmigrant.

>France has a more important and influential literary tradition than all of Spain and Latin America combined and then some. That's why I studied French. Actually, literature in languages other than English and French is marginal compared to them.
That's actually categorically wrong, since Spain created modern literature in the Siglo de Oro and perfected it with the Generación del 27.
>English
Oh, you're shitposting.

>source: my ass

>Since spanish is spoken by more people i'd say it is richer
what a shitty argument
>Both are very rigid languages sintax-wise
Weird. I thought Spanish has a relatively free word order compared to English.

What source do you need? You're an ignorant and illiterate prick.

(You)

>and perfected it with the Generación del 27

¿Estás dando a entender algo sobre la indudable calidad de Lorca y compañía o simplemente me estás llamando maricón?

>both are shitty and easy languages even a retard can learn between 3 months of half-assed dedication.

Not anglos-Canadians....these retards can't learn French after 5 years...

Ambas. Pero más que nada que la generación del 27 no tiene nada de moderna, es la misma mierda que se venía haciendo aquí durante siglos. España en el siglo XX nunca tuvo un Borges, un Lem, un Camus, un Kafka...

Why would we cross the border ? There is nothing there not even cheap groceries

I crossed that border ONCE as a child
I saw Germany
-It was much cleaner in the streets
-A middle age lady thought i was cute and offered me some trinket that you are supposed to tie up to your keyring
-I tasted their famous local "black forest" cake, it was really meh
-I tasted boar and deer from the black forest, it was good
-Black forest is big
-I tasted sauerkraut, it's actually just the German name for a choucroute, what a disappointment
-I got bitten by mosquitoes because apparently they have fucking mosquitoes in Germany somehow

That's all i remember
Not planning to go again t b h

Its not a meme. French is a gay lanuage. Why are you so mad dude.

Yes it's a meme. Languages can't be gay or manly.

Are you 12?

This.
I went further away from the border and I noticed that its the same as France... just replace niggers by turks and you have it

Don't you have some extrajudicial killing to do, little Pinatubo? Keep quiet when the grownups are talking.

>Generation 27
>important

pick one

The only writer from Spain who weighs up on a global level is Cervantes, but you've got to admit he's a windbag and few people who begin Don Quixote actually finish it.

Not only does England have Shakespeare and America has Whitman (notice how free verse is so permeating in poetry and modern pop lyrics? what about the shameless self-promotion of nearly 95% of today's pop stars? thank or hate Whitman for that), there've been dozens of other Anglo writers who've had a profound influence on European literature.

And as for lowbrow writers, come on, who hasn't read or known someone who's read J. K. Rowling, J. R. R. Tolkien, G. R. R. Martin, or Stephen King? You can't say this about a single Spanish or Latin American writer.

Whether you like it or not, Juan Pablo, we live in the Anglo era. Spain had its day exploring the world and all, but let's face it, Spanish literature belongs in the outhouse.

>Not only does England have Shakespeare and America has Whitman (notice how free verse is so permeating in poetry and modern pop lyrics? what about the shameless self-promotion of nearly 95% of today's pop stars? thank or hate Whitman for that), there've been dozens of other Anglo writers who've had a profound influence on European literature.
>And as for lowbrow writers, come on, who hasn't read or known someone who's read J. K. Rowling, J. R. R. Tolkien, G. R. R. Martin, or Stephen King? You can't say this about a single Spanish or Latin American writer.

La grande littérature pour un gros Muricain...

classiques.uqac.ca/classiques/Leibniz/La_Monadologie/leibniz_monadologie.pdf

fantompowa.info/13th Tribe.pdf

eglise-realiste.org/pdf/luther_juifs.pdf

Des livres un peu plus consistant...

Spanish has a rich vocabulary given the historical and geographical position that has held and holds. Being the first and only language of most of its speakers I'd say you'd find a lot of diversity if you were to dive into it.

>I thought Spanish has a relatively free word order compared to English.
It does but, on the other side it tends to be very specific in its conjugation and you can't make up new meanings by pasting together two words like you can in english.

There is nothing wrong with being gay though. But your lanuage is just gay. Why deny that. I know my lanuage can be ugly as hell I dont deny that either.

Iberian Siglo de Oro, generación 27, latinamerican modernism and boom are really deep shit

Because as I said, a language can't be gay.

I suppose you dislike the sound of our R and our nasal sounds. It still doesn't make it gay.

>quebecois
>pas gros Muricains

He'll insist that poutine is just a may-may.

>>quebecois
>>pas gros Muricains

J'aime nous voir comme des Muricains plus minces et intellectuels...

youtu.be/-K7OBZrEwJ0

I'm not denying that "you" have good writers, but their influence doesn't extend beyond their boundaries.

Every poet born after 1900 felt T. S. Eliot's influence directly or indirectly, but can the same be said of Octavio Paz or Pablo Neruda? You'd have to be very ignorant to make such a claim.

Please, tell me about these great Quebecker intellectuals, because I have never heard of them. You do realize how marginal the life of a Quebecker is, being somewhere between Canadian and Cajun?

>Shakespeare
> Whitman
>J. K. Rowling
> J. R. R. Tolkien
>G. R. R. Martin
>Stephen King
What a shit list

>You do realize how marginal the life of a Quebecker is, being somewhere between Canadian and Cajun?

Wow, tu es vraiment un gros porc dense...premierement on les Canadiens pas ces chiens d'anglos, deuxiement tu ne connais rien en dehors des USA(comme 95% des sales chiens de ta race).

C'est qui ce demi boudin ?

Bitch, surrealism, the avant garde movement everyone name drops, was inspired by the medieval "libro del buen amor"

Also, you have to understand that you're looking from the historic moment in which Anglos rule the world, when Spain ruled Europe everyone read Lope de Vega and Garcilaso

They were just examples of writers that currently have a huge influence on the world literature scene on both high and low culture. You don't have to love them to know they're great and successful.

The rest is debatable, but calling Shakespeare shit only looks bad on you.

I can't be bothered with this French stuff. "Firstly," "secondly," "emmerdement," blah blah blah. You can't respond to anything I say without resorting to ad hominems.

Celine Dion
René
Gilbert Rozon

This is ad personam, not ad hominem.

>Bitch
>the avant garde movement everyone name drops

Quit typing like a hip-hop chihuahua.

Garcilaso is utterly insignificant. Did you just google "spanish poets" to find someone to bring to the table? Be honest, Speedy.

As for Lope de Vega? No, just no. Shakespeare? Yes.

>I can't be bothered with this French stuff.

Encore une fois, le gros Muricain avec un bas Qi s'avout vaincu...

Well, I guess that's better than Canada.

Tu as raison !

>They were just examples of writers that currently have a huge influence on the world literature
They really don't. You know which was the best selling book in the XIX century? Gunmakers of Moscow. Popular books are usually trash that will be forgotten in a century. The only people from your list that had a real legacy are Tolkien or Sheakespeare. The rest will be forgotten in 30 or 40 years.
>calling Shakespeare shit
I called your examples overall shit. Sheakespeare just plagiarized a bunch of writers and added some metaphors. Not really impresive at all.

Bas? Isn't that the word for nylon stockings? "Tu m'es perdu," or something like that. I don't see what you're getting at with this French stuff and no one else can either. I consider this internet argument "gagné par moi." Adieu, mon ami américain.

Aren't you legally contained in the francofil?

>s'avout
Putain de merde Québecon, tu sais même pas écrire français !
Ouvre un bled plutôt que de rêver d'ouvrir la mère Bouchard.

J'imagine que tu consideres la guerre du Vietnam, une victoire des USA...

Les mods essaient mais ne peuvent juste pas me stopper...

"Bas" just means "low", it does not necessarily refers to the stockings.
So he was not saying that your IQ was silky and feminine, if you know what I mean.

Personally I don't like those bestsellers either, but their influence on other writing and the popular imagination is profound.

You're also completely wrong about Gunmakers of Moscow. In America, the greatest seller was a book that is still read widely today, Uncle Tom's Cabin.

You're so utterly insistent on being wrong it baffles me.

Plot is not what makes a story great. Shakespeare took his sources from other people and gave them a representation of psychology which we take for granted in writing and art today. Do I really need to give you a Literature 101 lesson?

By the way, your Garcia Lorca would be nothing without Whitman.

>You're also completely wrong about Gunmakers of Moscow
>The Gunmaker of Moscow is a serial novel by Sylvanus Cobb, Jr. first published in the New York Ledger starting on April 19, 1856. The first of Cobb's contributions to the Ledger, it was extremely popular though never critically acclaimed (and never intended to be), and was reprinted in the Ledger multiple times. It was one of the most popular works of the 1850s.[1] It was not published in book form until 1888, when it was again a bestseller.[2]
>
Plot is not what makes a story great. Shakespeare took his sources from other people and gave them a representation of psychology which we take for granted in writing and art today
Not really. Greek dramturgies were alredy pretty similar to Sheakespeare's work in terms of chapter development.
>Garcia Lorca
Just a faggot that got the status of god because he was executed. Really overrated hack

Yeah but the matter at hand was more quality than influence.
And in that regard, the spanish language has some nice children :
Garcia Lorca, Cervantes, Molina, Suarez, Calderon de la Barca, etc...

>the spanish language has some nice children
I-Isn't Castilian instead of Spanish language?

I feel sorry for the Vietnamese, but admire their courage. After we dropped all that napalm and Agent Orange on them and withdrew, China declared war on them and yet Vietnam still beat them. They make good sandwiches and coffee.

Meh, my French gets more and more rusty. I used to read the symbolists and now I struggle to remember my future tenses. I get the point that he just wants to insult some randomer on Sup Forums.

All this great Empire destroyed by a bunch of beaners...funny how life work...

youtu.be/mCx3ov55tUw

But GRRM or Rowling will have almost no influence in 40 years. Being a best seller means shit in the long run,specially if you are a shit writer like GRRM

Come on, man, is it already siesta hour?

I never denied the quality of Spanish language literature, just the amount of influence they have had beyond Spain. I personally like Borges and Vallejo a lot, but we'd be kidding ourselves if we put them on the level of Anglo and French modernists in terms of influence.

For me, this was a discussion of influence. Maybe at some point we got off topic or people mistook influence for quality.

As another example, personally, I love reading Bukowski but I know he's an idiot and on the bigger scale of things pretty unimportant. Nonetheless, I get my kicks out of him like some people do reading their lamestream normie writers. I'm aware that there are more important and influential things out there such as the Bible but that doesn't mean I need to love reading it.

are you latino?

Makes you think, doesn't it, Georges? Have an omelette de fromage. It's on the maison, buddy.

>This thread
Paco, please stop.
You're embarrassing yourself.
Nowadays english lit is far more influential than ours, por suerte o por desgracia.

>Nicer people. No gay lanuage
lel

For what it's worth, England's earliest novelists learned a lot from Cervantes. Cervantes was so popular in England that there's a lost play of Shakespeare about Cardenio from Don Quixote.

You could say that the Spanish introduced the novel form to Europe, while the English and French perfected it, kind of like how most classical music comes from Italy but the Germans did it best.

Romance languages tier:
1. Français
2. Italiano
3. Português
POWER GAP
10. Română
POWER GAP
999,5. Español

>Portuguese over Spanish
Fuck off. Switch Spanish and Portuguese around. Spanish is a slightly inferior form of Italian, Portuguese is where all other Latin languages dispose of their disgusting sounds.

>Come on, man, is it already siesta hour?
Nice argument. You got BTFO and just answered with a one liner that is an ad hominem

Doesn't that explain the hue meme? Always thought it was a representation of the horrible sounds they make.

t. SpicANO diaspora

Portuguese is what Spanish should be.

Oh please, if I want to fap to Mulher Melancia I have to turn the sound off. That's how bad it is.

You were writing incoherently and making sloppy use of greentext. If you consider that a winning argument strategy, be my guest, consider this tedious argument won. You won this argument in the same manner as this freedom fighter: youtube.com/watch?v=dKtApkJ7Btg

It's all endurance, mijo.

>like how most classical music comes from Italy but the Germans did it best.

Bach and Shakespeare are similar in that they are overhyped figures that got memed into significance by critics in the early 1800s. The fact that neither their contemporaries nor those who immediately followed held them in the exalted esteem that has been established by modern dogmatics is telling. And as with Cervantes (who is far from the best the Siglo de Oro has to offer, and who was also memed into God status far after his death), most of the people who recite this dogma have never read or listened to them (the early Bach movement was notorious for this).

The real "kestiõ" is: French or Italian?

Now that is a harder choice, Italian also being a historically layered language with rich heritage and a wealth of literature that literally shaped the world

Jesus your autists. Both are absolutely fine to learn as a hobby or for more practical reasons.
Pick a historical figure you like and just learn his language.

I kick myself that I didn't con my parents into putting me into private French lessons. I'm a Queenslander so it's the most relevant easy European language to learn. I could have been knee-deep in Kanak pussy.

You don't need private lessons, self-teaching is the most effective and adaptable method.

teaching yourself French has its limitations, it's a very different spoken language to English especially if you don't want to embawwass youwsewf

Well, with self-teaching, I mean using apps and/or real-life interaction to get the speaking part down. Funny enough, the only folks I've ever heard sound like wascawwy wabbits are French people.

>the only folks I've ever heard sound like wascawwy wabbits are French people.

This is due to the latest French invention when it comes to tackling the dreaded rhotic r. The classic approach was to give it the Charles Boyer treatment, which at least had a romantic flair; the modern conceit that it can be pronounced "w" is more comical than anything.

(And yes, stones, glass houses, etc. I could go on for hours about Spanish vices when pronouncing English)

It's not faiw. It's an anglo invention to pewsecute us.
Like long vowels

It's ok, monsieur la grenouille, we think your "w"s in place of r's are cute.

flexible?

To be fair, you average Spaniard doesn't distinguish "bitch" and "beach", "shit" and "sheet" or "ship" and "sheep", and countless other vices that put us way down there in the hierarchy of Good Goyim.

It's Big Culture syndrome, Francebro. Our cultures are big and proud enough not to submit to Anglo encroachment, and we pay for this with inferior English skills. Still beats being an irrelevant countrylet with no literature that goes around bragging about how they've renounced their national pride to become Anglo puppets.

>who was also memed into God status far after his death
El Quijote was the most popular book at the time.It was so popular that Lope created a secuel and it was plagiarized by multiple people

Ah yeah I know. Especially since we hear far less english due to everything being dubbed, unlike Dutchies or Swedes.
Frankly I don't mind it. People like my accent and I like doing "that french guy" act.
Beats sounding "northern european" like so many swedes, norwegians, danes and Dutch

Yes, but keep in mind that El Quijote was initially held to be a comedy novel and not an object of serious study. The ones to truly vindicate the Quijote would be the Realists in the 19th century.

>This is due to the latest French invention when it comes to tackling the dreaded rhotic r. The classic approach was to give it the Charles Boyer treatment, which at least had a romantic flair; the modern conceit that it can be pronounced "w" is more comical than anything.
How did Charles Boyer pronounce it ?
Btw i agree personally i just use the French guttural R instead of the English one which i can't pronounce. And definitely not W either, it sounds stupid.

>tfw reading el quijote
>tfw boring as fuck
>tfw only found funny when they walled his library or started to discuss what books should be saved from the bonfire

>richer
Spanish GDP: 1,110,059M.€; growth GDP: 3.2%/year
French GDP: 2,223,705M.€; growth GDP: 1.2%/year & 2015: 1.3%
not for much longer

>Lope

Wut? I was aware of that jew.

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quijote_de_Avellaneda

Not to mention the rare achievement of keeping (metropolitan) French and Spanish relatively pure. When I see what's going on with Spanish in the Americas I really do count my blessings, LatAm Spanish is flooded with English barbarisms that degrade and cheapen the language. Many languages around the world now routinely use English words for basic concepts they already have a word for.

>How did Charles Boyer pronounce it ?
youtube.com/watch?v=fFfBB4WCFJY

It's basically the French guttural R, the classic French accent. It definitely sounds more elegant than the Elmer Fudd accent.

Your sensibility has been dulled. El Quijote is pretty light reading compared to what's out there, but then again "first we have milk, then solid food".