Podcasts and Commentaries

What's your most enjoyable:

>Podcast
>Commentary

Have you made/attempted one of your own?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/WatchingWithPod
dropbox.com/home/Watching With Will Podcast
youtu.be/IcW_EaNJQSo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I saw Kevin Smith give a Q&A in London for his new film Yoga Hosers, which is worth a watch because of how weird it is like Tusk, and because you get Lilly Rose Depp and Harley Quinn (Kev's Daughter) being eye-candy for the majority of the movie.

Kevin is a genuinely nice guy and a very inspirational speaker. Harley Quinn seems like she'll take after her father too.

Anyway you can tell me to go fuck myself for writing this.

Cannibal! The Musical has legendary commentary.

Why does he always wear that moronic fucking shirt? Is he trying to make it his "thing"?

Probably because it's like his own version of a business suit. It gets him into work mode and he's a busy guy too so he doesn't have to waste time second guessing his look every time he goes to an event.

>when you are too fat and insecure to wear anything else

>It gets him into work mode
no, going to work gets you into work mode, not a pair of fucking lucky socks unless you're a sperg who needs a carer

I have a tough time listening to Smodcast because of Kev's insufferable stoner laugh. Jay and Silent Bob Get Old is GOAT however. Kev is way funnier in a live setting and Jay is based

I went through a phase of loving Kevin Smith. I think it was more about him as a person, and that I thought he seemed like a nice guy, than about his work. Some of the Jay and Silent Bob stuff is funny though, and I like TESD.

My most enjoyable podcast is between The Biggest Problem in the Universe (RIP) and Adam Buxton's podcast. If you'd asked me a year ago I'd have said Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast hands down, but it's got a little bit stale now. I don't think Bill enjoys making it.

Favourite commentary is Conan the Barbarian. In a review I read, someone (I forget who) said Arnie sounds like a little kid playing with action figures for that entire commentary, and it's so true. He just describes what's on the screen as literally as possible.

>i'm pushing a big heavy wheel, and it makes me strong
>now i'm goin' to kill dis guy
>dis is my swoard
>here i am running in a desert
>that's a huge snake

It's weird, because in the Nerdist podcast interview with Arnie he's obviously extremely intelligent. I think the director John Milius gave Arnie a cheeky toke for the commentary.

Fun Fact: The character of Walter in The Big Lebowski was based on John Milius.

Attempting a weekly podcast with friends, any listens feedback would be appreciated

Soundcloud.com/anythingbutqualified

Joe Rogan Experience

I've never intentionally made a podcast. My brother and I used to take care of our great grandmother, and my cousin or his friends would watch us every time we changed her since it was a two-person job. I guess greentext would be better here:

>Not exactly an airhead myself, just slow to grasp something when it isn't constructed to be understood simply.
>Brother is opposite, thinks simple is garbage and big words make big ideas, 'cause he's retarded. He suffers from talking to normal people one-on-one due to this form of retardation.
>He and I are always getting into these little tiffs about anything and everything, discussing the motivation or philosophy behind it.
>We don't discuss like geniuses, because our middle ground between simple and complex is humor.
>When we're not discussing, we're having conversations with or dancing with our dimensia-ridden grandmother.
>The whole thing is sweet and kind of stupid.
>They only tell us after she passed. There's months worth of us badgering and dancing on a laptop somewhere.
And that's how I unintentionally made a video podcast.

I'd watch that out of sheer curiosity. Sounds a bit weird.

i dont have any friends. Commentary tracks and Podcasts are all i got, but theyre also all i need. I seriously listen to over 100 podcasts at this point. ill buy any movie that has a commentary track (shitty or good). Youre all gonna know my name soon enough when i start selling screenplays. im fine with being a loser because i have chosen to give my life (if you can even call it that) to film. tips autistic fedora meme

Best commentaries are:
Spinal Tap
Tropic Thunder
Bubba Ho-Tep (Bruce Campbell in character as Elvis Presley)
Citizen Kane (Roger Ebert)
Alien
Anything with David Fincher

What makes your podcast different from others?

How bad it is

there are plenty of super awful podcasts, in fact the majority of them are

Hey, please check out my movie-commentary podcast. We make it with the idea that you can kick back and feel like you're watching a movie with friends.

Our twitter:
twitter.com/WatchingWithPod

Link to podcasts: We keep them on dropbox because we haven't bought mics that'll let us cancel out the sound of the movie while we watch it.

dropbox.com/home/Watching With Will Podcast

We have a non-existent viewership and fanbase, but that's not going to stop us! We'll read out twitter comments on the show if you have anything you want us to answer, debate, etc.

This one surpasses them all

no thanks

There should be an easier way to download it. A lot of people only listen to podcasts on their MP3 player while doing other stuff (housework, vidya etc.) so they need to download it in MP3 format for easy transfer onto a portable device.

I downloaded it with a browser addon but other people might not have that.

Anyway, I look forward to listening to it.

Hollywood babble on, edumacation and tell em steve Dave are the best smodco podcasts

> He fucked a frog

Fat Man on Batman, Smith's comic centric interview podcast, used to be good. It had great interviews with people like Mark Hamill, Geoff Johns, and Grant Morrison. I still listen to them sometimes, they were that great. Then I guess he ran out of industry friends at which point it updated increasingly irregularly until he finally revamped it into a comic tv review show which is pretty shit.
youtu.be/IcW_EaNJQSo

He's just like Steve Jobs omg