/lang/ - Language Learning thread

>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

>Language learning resources:
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

duolingo.com/
>Duolingo is a free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.

>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
>Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages.

fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
>Drill based courses with text and audio.The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the United States federal government's primary training institution for employees of the U.S. foreign affairs community.These courses are all in public domain and free to download.Site may go down sometimes but you can search for fsi on google and easily find a mirror.

memrise.com/
>Free resource to learn vocabulary, nice flash cards.

lingvist.com/
>It's kinda like Clozemaster in the sense that you get a sentence and have to fill in the missing word, also has nice statistics about your progress, grammar tips and more information about a word (noun gender, verb aspects for Russian, etc.)

ankisrs.net/
>A flash card program

clozemaster.com/languages
>Clozemaster is language learning gamification through mass exposure to vocabulary in context.Can be a great supplementary tool, not recommended for absolute beginners.

tatoeba.org/eng/
>Tatoeba is a collection of sentences and translations with over 300 hundred languages to chose from.

radio.garden/
>Listen to radio all around the world through an interactive globe

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/VCch8U16
fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pastebin.com/VCch8U16
>Few more resources that didn't fit into OP.

Off topic but why did the last thread got deleted?

I got janny'd for an unrelated reason

Also lexicity.com is a very nice website for old languages

Are there any apps for language exchange like tinder for language convo?

tandem

Got any experience with it?

no

Bumperino

You came too late Salmann

Learning Spanish because I work for a Spanish company and have Spanish/South American co workers. I don't NEED to learn it, I just want to. Seems to be a useful language seeing as half a billion people speak it.

Right now I'm doing duolingo, have a workbook and I'm watching Extr@. Duolingo is the best for me for just expanding my vocabulary right now.

Is reading children's books a good way to learn?

how is my writing ? i just begin

You mon ami ninja.
Sure, with a dictionary you can learn a lot, many polygots recommend doing things like that.

Why don't you learn OOGA BOOGA BONGO instead?

Why waste time learning a language I can only use in one small shithole country?

>fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
Where can I learn Basque or Saami?

Use FSI spanish.

>radio.garden
Holy shit guys. Holy shit.

HelloTalk is pretty much exactly what you're asking for.

Though, prepare to get less replies than if you were a girl.

Thanks mate! Looks like a good resource! Guess I should have read the OP.

Check out drive folder in the op for Basque(Other) and Saami(Uralic) and tumblr collection in pastebin for more Basque related material.

It looks like handwriting desu

>memrise
wtf I love Duolingo now

Seriously what the fuck, the sentences are too easy to differentiate, they just spam you to death even if you're correct X times in a row

I've been using it and I like how quick it is. Using it as a complement to Duoling is great.

Looks neat.

How about mine. Took me five minutes to write (;_;), had to look up spelling of shit too. (Pimsleur is not great for learning spelling)

I haven't used Duolingo before. How does it complement Memrise? I thought they both did pretty much the same thing (so I've been told). Since I've been happy with Memrise, I haven't felt the need to even look at Duolingo.

Looks good to me, К is too big though.

You wellcome.

>Reread carefully
>Forgot to dot the n in holandi
Oh will, err and learn

thank you

i'm trying to learn french through Duolingo
Started yesterday, did the three first lessons
any tips?

Not bad, even though it looks clumsy, I'd say it's easier to understand than my own writing. Though, there's a small mistake: "Пo-pyccки", not "Пo pyccки".

They are not the same at all really. Memerise is strictly for vocabulary and it does this very well, duolingo teaches grammar and comprehension

commence tout de suite à sucer des grosses, veinées, épicées bites-morcillones noires car c'est la seule manière d'obtenir l'accent français classique à laquel t'es habitué d'entendre dans les films et tv

Get an actual grammar book, for reference and understanding the rules. Another thing you can try is to read and listen as much as you can as soon as possible -because French is close enough to portuguese and english your brain will eventually figure stuff out by itself eventhough you might give you an headeach at first.

going through grammar books is a waste of time