Everyone's dumb but me haha poopy

everyone's dumb but me haha poopy

Would be cringy if he wasn't right :^)

His music is pretty ugly.

I always assume people who say this about Zappa never sat through even one full album of his.

That or I'm just getting memed in which case I will never recover.

Zappa is literally the most overrated artist ever.

Half of his music is just goofy shit making fun of genres and subcultures that are 50 years old

And the other half is boring doot doot mario jazz shit.

The Mothers of Invention are the real talent

Haha, nice one Montie! You're not shitposting about Coil being pedos enough.

lol drugs are bad except all the ones I'm addicted to

your pretty plebby
>Half of his music is just goofy shit making fun of genres and subcultures that are 50 years old
they were not fifty years old at the time you fuckin retard

Ugly art from ugly people for ugly people

Hot Rats [Reprise, 1969]

Doo doo to you, Frank. If I want movie music, I'll listen to Wonderwall. C

Just Another Band From L.A. [Bizarre, 1972]

You said it, Frank. I didn't. C

Sheik Yerbouti [Zappa, 1979]

If this be social satire, then how come its only targets are those individuals whose peculiar weirdness happens to diverge from that of the retentive gent at the control board? Or are we to take his newfound fixation on buggery as a sign of approval? Makes you wonder if Frank's primo guitar solo on "Yo Mama" is as spiritually arid as he is. As if there was any question after all these years. C+

Distinctions Not Cost Effective [1980s]: Oh, shut up.

Zappa had about 450 albums but very few are worth listening to and most are dated as fuck. Who the fuck thinks George McGovern jokes are funny in this day and age?

Historical context, retard.

Frank Zappa had his place in music at one time, as the "other" side of the counterculture era. Unfortunately, after the early 70s he kind of lost his reason for being.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Maybe he just started parodying himself because of how commercial he got

My cousin saw Zappa in Detroit in the early 80s. He said that the audience were your typical Camaro-driving mullet rock fans and they ate up Frank's blues wankery guitar solos like tasty bread. When he stopped and wanted to perform an orchestral piece, they started booing so he then shrugged and went back to his guitar noodling. Eventually someone threw something on stage and he stormed off in a huff. Show over.

Sounds like a shitty show. Even shit like that happened to Pink Floyd. It's not uncommon.

>go to a Zappa or Floyd concert and expect AC/DC

That seems to be just what happened there.

>Make songs about poopy pee buttsex genius XD
>Surprised the audience is trash

One of the three things Christgau ever got right. The other two were his love of the Who and his giving King Crimson - Red a high score.

Montie loves Zappa.

He said he liked the British Invasion Who of the '60s, he found their 70s transformation into stadium rock bloat to be disgusting.

Which is a pretty accurate assessment desu.

Source? He doesn't give any of their '70s albums anything below a B+. And what would you call stadium rock of theirs? Quadrophenia?

He rated Who's Next an A in his original review from 1971, but in Consumer Guide to the '70s dropped it to an A- after having seen their later career unfold and in retrospect, that album had all the ominous warning signs on it. Also he admitted in his review of The Who By Numbers that the B grade he gave it was being generous because the album was not actually deserving of that.

There were a number of times over the years where he attacked Pete Townshend for promoting rock opera bombast and that when all is said and done, The Who By Numbers is their one true masterwork.

Bono claimed that all young bands start as raw-edged punk and then as they get older start degenerating into self-indulgent prog bloat and that a band who does this is about on their last legs, sort of like the star swelling into a red giant before it goes supernova.

Yes. Rock groups in their 30s have a lot more experience, maturity, and compositional skill than a bunch of 22 year olds, so they start making ever more elaborate music, but also not as raw or edgy and eventually it stops being relatable to the kids. At that point, a band is finished and due up to be replaced by new young guys.

Green Day. Dear god, Green Day. The difference between Dookie and American Idiot: The Musical is like night and day. They followed that career arc almost to a tee.

Frank Zappa is a pleb filter. You either get it or you don't.