Well, this fucking sucked

Well, this fucking sucked

It was great. Captures the environment of an all-male team very well.

It captured a bunch of dudebros being massive retards for 2 hours yes.

I can't believe this is actually the spiritual successor to dazed and focused, that hack Linklater should be gunned down in the street.

>I can't believe this is actually the spiritual successor to dazed and focused, that hack Linklater should be gunned down in the street.
Hi Korinefag :)

Not me. I want to kill Linklater but I don't like Dazed and Confused either.

I don't think I've seen a good Linklater film. They're all 'ok', but not really good.

Stop pretending to be me.

well you two sure are edgy. no wonder you don't like Linklater.

>It captured a bunch of dudebros being massive retards for 2 hours yes.
>da mubie bad because I am a beta male
lmao. It was hilarious seeing the nu-male "geeks" get upset about this movie because the people they were jealous of in high school were presented positively.
>BUT JOCKS ARE DUMB MISOGYNISTS

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

pls be my gf

I thought the acting was good and they all had good chemistry, but it all kinda felt blah there was no real conflict at all, and a thrown in cliche romantic plot for some reason

Jake = Randall Pink
Finnegan = Donnie
MacReynolds = Bennie
RawDawg = O'Bannion
Willoughby = Wooderson
Dale = The black guy from Dazed

Did I miss anyone?

>It captured a bunch of dudebros being massive retards for 2 hours yes.

Movie was great and very funny. You are just a bitter loser who got bullied massively in high school and this movie triggers the fuck out of nu-male faggots like you

It was fantastic. One of the best releases of the year.

>lmao. It was hilarious seeing the nu-male "geeks" get upset about this movie because the people they were jealous of in high school were presented positively.

I'm not a "nu-male" whatever the fuck that means, nor was I bullied or jealous of jocks in school. I was actually friends with some of them.

This movie was literally about retards going from bar to bar just having uninteresting conversations with each other and a ham-fisted romantic subplot.

The premise of the movie make it seem like it could be fun to watch, but nothing interesting happens throughout the entire run time. No funny situations, all the parties basically the same, and all the charterers ever talk about is pussy and beer.

You missed a ton of subtext. Shoo shoo, cinematic illiterate.

I liked it. It reminded me of hail caesar in that it didn't attempt to have any sort of plot. it just tried to represent the times

>I'm not a "nu-male" whatever the fuck that means

Only nu-males use "dudebros" as some form of insult and get triggered by a bunch of guys being guys. You are 100% nu-male faggot, don't deny it

It seemed like a very sweet and sincere film. It's not about conflict or drama, it's just about normal people settling into a new chapter of their lives and having good times. Very comfy.

spoiler alert, the 80's fucking sucked too.

It was great.

Some real inbetween-the-lines stuff.

Someone should tell Linklater he's not that interesting

If he's not interesting why do people still fund his incredibly niche stuff, fag?

>get triggered by a bunch of guys being guys.

Is this really all you have to go on? Just because I did not like a movie about "manly" men I'm some sort of feminist beta neckbeard cuck.

Get you head out of your ass you retard.

You tell me, bro

Like what?

this movie is
>funny
>realistic
>earnest
>sincere
>doesn't make fun of its subject
It's a damn good movie about youth that doesn't turn it into a sermon or totally let them off the hook either (Willoughby is clearly a cautionary tale even if the other characters don't realize it yet)

>muh box office receipts
you know how many flops Michael Mann has had? literally almost all of his movies. and yet people still want to work with him, because they LIKE him. Same with Linklater, with the added bonus that most of his movies are successful.

>If you don't like this movie you're a virgin neckbeard loser

Go back to your tumblr Ghostbusters posts, pussies

in the case of this movie it's 100% correct

>too white
>too misogynist
>I don't like people who play sports

The leftists getting upset about this movie was hilarious.
>Kermode going full SJW on this thing and then in the same episode praising Neighbours 2 because it pandered to his feminism more.

>Just because I did not like a movie about "manly" men

They're not manly at all. They are just a bunch of guys being guys thats all. But that triggers the fuck out of millennial nu-male faggots like you who grew up adderall and WoW.

No it's not, the opposite is actually true, this movie is only interesting to losers who never had friends and wanted to see what it was like.

You might enjoy episodes of jersey shore if you love this movie, just a bunch of bros bro-ing out!

>this movie is only interesting to losers who never had friends and wanted to see what it was like.

Never have I seen someone project this hard in my life. wow just wow

>too white
>too misogynist
>I don't like people who play sports

I don't have a problem with any of this, yet I still hated it, what now?

>They're not manly at all. They are just a bunch of guys being guys thats all.

You're right, they're not really manly at all, but it seems to be what people reefer to them in this thread so went with it as well. My idea of "manly" men are mostly seals and guys in the military, not idiots who just to go to bars and play baseball.

>But that triggers the fuck out of millennial nu-male faggots like you who grew up adderall and WoW.

I grew up playing soccer and I have no idea what adderall even is, must be some drug you fat muricans have to use to be able to leave your chairs or something.

Please faggot, i've been to plenty of parties. You're the one with all the meme words on hand, sign of a fucking pathetic loser who hates himself

Didn't care for this movie. If I want to see guys being assholes, I can just go to school. Surprising that someone as introspective and artistic as Linklater had any interest in these bonehead characters.

Linklater was always fascinated with the common man as they tackle existential issues. If you can't see that then you never understood him at all.

My only complaint was not enough Billy Autrey.

"Dang that sure is Lone Star, that's alcohol right there alcoholic beverage innit, I'll be danged."

>what now?
You are infantile about cinema. Boyhood was capeshit dross but Linklater really brought the kino with this one.

>being assholes

It's called banter with your buddies, if you can't handle it then don't try making any friends faggot. You'll just get upset.

>You are infantile about cinema.

Ok, care to explain what I missed about the film?

What existential issues did the characters face here? None. Just some dumb jocks being ignorant.

>i've been to plenty of parties.

Anime conventions at local strip mall are not "parties" user. It's obvious you have huge personal issues with this movie and using denigrating sjw lexicons like "dudebros" is a real eye opener on what type of person you are. You probably wake upto your own gut sweat every morning before you have take your insulin like the bitter loner fattie you are.

Right. And a kid getting beaten by his dad is just tough love, yeah?

Well being alive and trying to situate yourself in a new environment is an existential issue, fucking moron, not to mention the times this film went into other areas for split seconds: existence, reality and the connectedness of life.

>Enjoying your youth = being an asshole

>getting your ass kicked by your dad is the same as banter with friends

Jesus Christ, you're pathetic as fuck dude.

>What existential issues did the characters face here?
They were minor and not in your face ,but they were there. Clearly a lot of the guys are uncomfortable with staying from their comfort zone and going to parties that aren't in their cliques. Many of them will also have to deal with the fact that they aren't good enough to be professional ballplayers. And then there's Willoughby, the fraud who just wanted to keep partying, who is actually a cautionary tale for those who don't want to deal with the real world and stay partying.

It's an incredibly well-realized movie about being young and carefree.

Leftists usually are like that, they get crushed in a rational debate so they have to resort to extremes and move goal posts. It really is pathetic

Not saying that. These guys were just jerks. Shallow and juvenile.
Sounds like a lot of wank.

And sounds like you're still a pathetic moron.

Do you understand how conservation works? Did you even know what they were talking about most of the time, let alone the singular little moments?

>It's an incredibly well-realized movie about being young and carefree.
This contradicts everything else you wrote.

You can be young and carefree but still have existential issues you idiot. Even something as minor as "whoa I'm not as good at baseball as I think I am" is an existential issue.

Because college aged kids are always the most rational and responsible people, right? Why are we even arguing with someone who clearly gets no social interaction on an average day?

you need to kill yourself at the soonest opportunity faggot

SOMEONE REPLY TO ME CAN

So I guess they weren't so carefree after all.
You have no clue what I'm saying. You should be the subject of Linklater's next film, Bully Dunderhead.

Do you know what the word carefree means?

Of course you don't.

Grown Ups 2 is about those singular little moments too, like when Adam Sandler learns to sneeze and fart at the same time.

>So I guess they weren't so carefree after all.
Are you trying to upset me? It's working. Being carefree and having thoughts (however fleeting) of existential dread are not mutually exclusive. As I said, the existential issues are minor, because the movie takes place over the course of three days. But they exist, and will grow over the year. You've been to college, right? Assuming you made a lot of friends the first week, how many of those same friends were you as tight with around finals week? Exactly. Things change quickly.

When I think carefree, I don't think existential crisis. Sorry.

Because you're a half-wit, no need to be sorry.

Jesus Christ, I don't see how anyone can be this fucking retarded? Maybe because you're severely autistic you don't know what being young is like but it's EXACTLY the case of being faced with existential issues, understanding ones identity, being part of cliques etc and yet at the same time the most carefree, hedonistic time in your life. You'd probably understand this if you had a normal, functioning childhood but clearly you didn't. I'm sorry you are the way you are.

Think what you want. Nothing said here makes the film interesting in the slightest. It's just a dull film for aasholes. You pretend it has fascinating moments of keen observation, but it has no more depth than something like American Pie.

It was fucking garbage. You fucking Redditors pretending to like this shitty Linklater dross to fit in disgust me.

Keep projecting, you were that faggot who worshipped jocks in school and thought they were interesting enough to deserve a plotless, boring movie. Now go watch mtv, I probably bullied faggots like you in school

>I probably bullied faggots like you in school
Translation: I went to school before Columbine so I could threaten to shoot people and no one would care.

You're autistic, and I know that's a classic insult to throw around here but you're genuinely autistic.

Yeah. Sorry I wasn't a boring dickhead growing up. I actually had respect for people and sought out intellectual pursuits. I never went through a phase where I fucked pies.

Jesus Christ, you're the most pathetic piece of shit on this planet. It's just a movie. If you're jealous of the guys depicted in the film, go to a fucking gym for once.

user you seems really angry for some reason, did I hit a nerve? Seems like my comments and along with this movie made you into rage machine holy shit go outside and get some fresh air.

>it's a thread about my favorite movie of the year (so far)
>it's 95% shitposting
STOP IT

What? Just teller, Did you jerk off to the baseball teams yearbook picture?

>It's just a movie.
A bad movie at that.

Nope, did you jerk off to the thought of murdering your bullies and fucking their corpses?

lol, it's hilarious how again the only thing you guys can go on is "Hur you're just jealous".

Come up with a better defense for the movie you retards. People have brought up valid reasons as to why this movie sucks and the only thing you have to fall back on is the same shit.

And I go to the gym 4 times a week so fuck off.

>wahhhhhhhhhh I was bullied now every little bit of college banter I see in fictional movies triggers my sensibilities

>People have brought up valid reasons as to why this movie sucks
they really haven't. and the exercise bike doesn't count

I actually play baseball (also played in high school) and did a ton of track and field, movie was great and enjoyable for guys like me. Brings up tons of memories and the like.

FACT: Only people who hate this movie are noodle armed nu-male reddit faggots and fat sexless /r9k/ers chad haters.

No that's only something your basement dwelling faggot mind could imagine

>valid reasons: the characters are meanies

Great criticism.

>And I go to the gym 4 times a week so fuck off.

alright lets see some pics with a time stamp

give me the synopsis of this.

peep my apartment bruh. no basements here

>only thing you guys can go on is "Hur you're just jealous".

its so obvious you are user

>wahh, someone didn't like a boring movie that I liked so I'm gonna call then liberal numales because I can't muster a defense of the film because it's just an indiewood version of American Pie wahhhh

>lol, it's hilarious how again the only thing you guys can go on is "Hur you're just jealous".
Ironically it's actually woman logic. When some stupid bitch gets criticized she'll resort to "you're just haterz whatevs YOLO :)"

>the movie is bad because it's just them going to bars and having conversations

Man, someone resurrect Ebert. We found his protégé.

pretty good
i hope he makes one for the 90s and 00s like this instead of something like boyhood again

you keep comparing it to American Pie. why?

Only balding morons reliving their glory days like this and boring rotten tomatoes pseudo intellectuals like this

You sure got me, Reddit! XD

>Respect Plebger Cuckbert
lmao everythng you need to know about the infantile Linklater fanbase.

>so I'm gonna call then liberal numales

The fact that you are raging and responding every half minute probably makes his statements about you very true though

Both are coming of age stories about dumbasses and lack any real depth.

Let me get this straight. You start a thread by calling a Linklater movie bad (with trash criticisms), & then you get mad when the people that respond laugh at how pathetic you are?

Consider suicide, friend!

How can anybody hate Chad?

EWS doesn't lack depth though. THere's no "dude he fucked the pie" scene to get the normies talking. It's a subtle movie about college.