Call me a retard or a newfag or what have you, but can someone explain to me why Coil is so good...

Call me a retard or a newfag or what have you, but can someone explain to me why Coil is so good? I listened to this last night and thought it was cool, but I don't really understand what's so special about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TvieFJhJFK0&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can't explain to someone why an album is good. Re-listen and analyse why it could be good, or leave it be, and revisit it another time on your musical journey.

Maybe this album isn't for you? Coil has a lot of albums besides this you know?

PAY YOUR RESPECTS TO THE VULTURES

I feel you OP, I liked Ape of Naples it was a decent album. But don't really get all the fuss. But industrial/experimental stuff isn't really my taste. Still I believe that giving it a good go is what counts.

Music is subjective, so you have to come to your own conclusions on why or why not you enjoy an album.

>why Coil is so good?
Large, varied discography where there's some good to listen to in each style of music they cover.

>I don't really understand what's so special about it.
Entails reworked older tracks plus newer tracks. Older tracks retain some of their older style (acidic basslines of Amethyst Deceiver/Teenage Lightning, dark ambient of Bring the Sun) plus they really cover a wide variety of melancholic approaches to music (along with those there's also Tattooed Man which has that dark cabaret feeling to it). And to me the coolest yet kinda the most sad thing is the final track which is a cover of an old 70s sitcom, but with the context and lyrics' meaning changed completely.

Also, how many albums do you listen to that entail their foundation in keys/marimbas/vocals/background industrial noises instead of say the rock guitars/drums/bass or whatever?

It's good, but nothing crazy amazing. It's some of the least aggressive experimental music I've heard, but that doesn't really mean anything.

The Ape of Naples isn't their best album. Try something else, I'm a Coil fan and this one wasn't a big hit for me either

>Also, how many albums do you listen to that entail their foundation in keys/marimbas/vocals/background industrial noises instead of say the rock guitars/drums/bass or whatever?
plenty you rockist pleb

anyway OP this thread is actually spot on for once. if you don't like it, you don't like it. but if you're actively trying to like, get into industrial then Coil is a pretty good place to start, it was my entry level band anyway (besides NIN) but if it's not for you it's not for you.

>plenty you rockist pleb
Examples?

Essential meme

99% of actual industrial/noise albums for vocal manipulation and industrial noises, exotica or jazz for keys and marimbas, the list goes on

I was saying all of them at once, idiot. Marimbas can be found in a lot of music, but not in the context of a group like Coil. Holy shit I hope you're trolling because this is a pretty embarrassing post otherwise.

I don't really like Coil, either, OP. If someone could reccomend me a specific song that I might like maybe I'd change my mind.

>Balance
>fell off a balcony

Does anyone have this pic in higher quality?

Kek fuck now I wish I saved this for your comment

Daily reminder they were child rapists and molested kids and babies.

There's even a video where Sleazy gets oral from a two year old boy.

coil is what happens when you reject god and worship satan

>man is deadass the animal my guy

also when you have gay sex
can confirm

Not going to lie, their music perfectly portrays the psyche of a homosexual person.

was his death a suicide?

>the psyche of a homosexual person
care to explain?

yes. he realized that he was a talentless hack and jumped off

It's all about anuses, spreading poz loads, and worshiping satan

but that's not my psyche, user

Leviticus 20:13

If a man also lies with a man, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

It's the psychology of the religious mind that thinks a lot about this kind of thing.

>christcucks
lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=TvieFJhJFK0&t

>Leviticus 20:13

if you need someone to explain to you why coil is good then you should just stick to kendrick lamar

what a thread

I didn't get this at first either. Then I listened to it on ambien. Best experience of my life. Especially

in short, gay as fuck

That is mistranslated; "abomination" actually means "taboo practiced by another group" and the passage is in reference to pederasty, a "man lies also with a boy".

John Balance: Oh lord save my sinful soul, from the severe prosecutor

God: Depart from me I never knew you

Why was he album named The Ape of Naples?

>John Balance: Oh lord save my sinful soul, from the severe prosecutor
>God: but I don't exist, lmao

He made a typo, it was originally going to be a concept album called "The Nape of Apes"

Cool thanks

It was actually "Rape The Ape" originally, but they though it would be too offensive.