Actual discussion thread

Now I like Man of Steel less because of Batman v Superman

All that talk about developing Superman as a character and addressing the no kill code after he had to kill Zod went down the toilet

They didn't address Superman having to kill Zod at all and for all we know he still has no problem with killing, seeing how he said he would have to kill Batman if he didn't listen.

The only thing addressed was the destruction, and it was just strawmanning the critics.

Also he became even more mopey and depressed when he was supposed to be shaping up to be the "ideal of hope" that Superman is.

In other words, BvS was a step back, instead of a step forward in the development of Superman.

Anyone else sharing this feeling?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3DrtXthS7bA
m.imgur.com/a/foSdR
manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
thegekdom.com/home/2016/4/30/a-thesis-on-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice
youtube.com/watch?v=sT2ibhHeSEA
youtu.be/7p5-14rjWUM?t=28m46s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Life is not black and white and this the reason bvs is the greatest superhero movie of all time

He also killed the terrorist holding a gun to Lois' head, and Snyder also made Batman a killing machine.

In other words, it's an adaptation that shits on what both characters should stand for.

Reminder: we could have gotten a MoS extended cut
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3DrtXthS7bA

>Dcucks actually believe this

You act like a superhero movie has never dealt with that idea before, when almost all of them do.

Snyder doesn't understand the characters. It's almost as if WB gave him a printout of each character's abilities, what they look like, and told him to get to work with his shitty CG and filters.

They didn't address Superman having to kill Zod at all

Except for the fact that he literally comes back to haunt him from the dead in the form of Doomsday.
Couldn't be more on-the-nose you imbecile. He even bashes Clark with one of the pillars with the names of the people that died in the World Engine incident, the people Clark failed to save and were haunting his conscience. This guilt is also addressed in the mountaintop scene.
Not to mention pic related.
Remove yourself from the gene pool, you imbecile.

>Lex makes Zods dead body into Doomsday
>Lex punishing Superman for his perceived sins
>Final battle literally the ghost of the country sequences of the battle of Metropolis
>Doomsday kills Superman the same fashion as Zod killed Jor El

Pack it up pham.

More recycled than Dark Souls 3

So what? That's driving the plot, not giving any characterization, retard

And the people who died in the incident is related to the destruction, not him having to kill Zod, like I said before

>They didn't address Superman having to kill Zod at all and for all we know he still has no problem with killing, seeing how he said he would have to kill Batman if he didn't listen.

>The only thing addressed was the destruction

Try again

>that pic

K I N O

>Snyder doesn't understand the characters.
confirmed retard

Thanks for letting us know.

Hey, everyone, this user is a confirmed retard.

GOOD ONE

Ya cap America civil war bruh

also
>Superman literally prepared to die, twice, to prevent more deaths from Lex

>picture contrasts three sets of images in a manner that implies they're parallel
>the images are similar only in the vaguest sense
Is this what is meant by grasping at straws?

How does that address the no kill code?

Are you implying that isn't the main theme of that movie?

>we could have gotten a MoS extended cut
Why they released one for this and not for MOS?

what?

>All that talk about developing Superman as a character and addressing the no kill code after he had to kill Zod went down the toilet

Because it got shit on so hard and they're trying to salvage their universe.

no kill ever rules are fucking retarded, i really don't care about them.

>low iq idiots

But I care, and they actually said that Superman killing Zod was what would have prompted him to have a no kill code

source?

for all we know it could still develop into that, but I hope they don't since it's one of the most autistic things comics have done.

>vaguest

It's literally the same shit. You're probably one of those people who claim TFA is not a copy of ANH.

"It’s a real world problem. And I think the effect on Superman, it is a deeply difficult decision for him to make. It’s not a thing that he takes lightly, and you can see it affects him pretty profoundly. And maybe we’ll see the repercussions of that in the next film. How that’s affected him, making that decision."

They're not "literally" the same you buffoon. I have no idea what either acronym refers to and I don't want to.

This though was when there was no plans to do BvS, and the "next film" was Man of Steel 2

So a "maybe" from something he said before the film even got written or rewritten when he thought MoS 2 was happening?

Yeah. The thing is: that was supposed to be addressed in the next movie. A development in the franchise.

That didn't happen, thus making me like Man of Steel less, because this was set up in it didn't have a follow up in BvS.

Just watched the movie, why was The Flash a spic with a pencil mustache?!?

That bothered me more than that jewish skeleton

Also, BvS was basically the MoS 2 script rewritten

and then BvS was also rewritten too.

>taking literally literally
>Not knowing The Force Awakens and A New Hope and expecting people to take your opinion seriously.

comic are such garbage

>you shall not kill your enemies even when they wish to destroy earth because we're a friendly censored comic who can't show blood

Why is it so important that Superman doesn't kill? He's going up against planet-destroying soulless monsters, just snap the fucker's neck!

>using literally ever
>using meme acronyms and expecting cultured non memers to understand
Swine.

This, it actually makes sense for Batman and it's why him killing in BvS tells a lot about his character.

You need to be above the age of 18 to post here.

not an argument

>actually underage

reported

>announcing reports
reported

>lmao why does he care so much about murdering?
>i kno right? it's just some worthless humans
Argument not needed. Common sense is like axiomatic knowledge, you'll get it eventually, once you reach eighteen.

>cultured
>doesn't know common acronyms in western culture

Get out.

this

>superbeing is killing millions of people at once
>"i can't kill him, that'd make me just as bad as him!"

Did he really kill the terrorist? I mean, of course no one could have survived that, but Snyder is a dumbass and exaggerates everything. So maybe in his mind that just hurt the guy.

>meme in a chineese video streaming chatroom webpage
>westen culture

He went full speed at him, taking him through 3 walls, his insides are sandnigger stew.

You are misusing the word.

>TFA and ANH are memes because I didn't know what they ment

They are used by most people who discuss the movies on any forum because actually typing the titles out would be ridiculous.

Not knowing the acronym of one of the biggest movies of last year just shows you have no business discussing movies.

>>"i can't kill him, that'd make me just as bad as him!"
I would accuse you of employing a straw man argument but I realize that you're being honest right now. This is genuinely the only opposition you believe someone might have when faced with the prospect of having to kill someone. Your understanding of morality is so shallow that when you try to imagine why superman or anyone else for that matter would have issues with killing a person you're only able to come up with such easily dismissible reasons.

Learn your words before attempting social media.

>using "literally" as a hyperbole is now "misusing"

Get creative normie.

Try as you might you won't be able to dismiss my criticism. That picture was bullshit and your puny attacks on my character won't change that. If anything not discussing such terrible movies would be a sign of good taste.

why was lois lane in the movie at all?
why did batman just throw aside the super rare kryptonite spear?
why did lois lane awkardly throw it in the water?
why didn't wonder woman stab doomsday since she's not affected by kryptonite?
why was the dialogue so on the nose about superman=god and constant pseudo-philosophical monologues about the human condition?
was wonder woman really necessary?
how come batman and superman became friends so quickly after just attempting to murder each other?
why was lex luthor such a faggot?
were the comical dream sequences necessary?
why did it feel more like a set up for a sequel than a standalone movie?
why do some people like this shitshow of a movie?

BvS was unironically too intelligent for plebs. it's pretty amazing that a capefilm was too intelligent for most people yet here we are.

you typed so much but said so little in that post

the irony of this post lmao

Serious discussion?
That was already done months ago. Only thing left to do is rejoice at capekino.
Will dump some content.

m.imgur.com/a/foSdR

>not knowing what exaggeration for comedic effect is

Saying something is literally the same when it's clearly not doesn't mean the person who claims it's literally the same actually means it's literally the same.

The fact that I have to explain this is probably an indication that you're American. Your education system has failed you.

How the fuck are you going to tell a monster like Doomsday to take some time out on the naughty step and think about what they did?

manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
thegekdom.com/home/2016/4/30/a-thesis-on-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice

Meme replies with no content.

Whether or not superman should or shouldn't kill is completely irrelevant to the fact that him having concerns about killing is a normal thing. Only a child completely removed from the reality of what it means to seriously hurt someone would think that it's a no brainer. If you thought I'm arguing that superman should do this or that you've misunderstood me.

people can't stop talking about BvS because it was 1) the best capefilm ever made and 2) too intelligent for retards.

so you have idiots mindlessly bashing it and patricians recognizing its genius

jesus christ are you actually autistic?

Great, the thread devolved into retarded capekino posts that don't have anything to do that was presented in the OP

Having reservations to the extent he does about stopping obviously evil creatures actively engaged in the massacre of innocents indicates a disturbing detachment from humanity.

youtube.com/watch?v=sT2ibhHeSEA

Do they browse Sup Forums?

>the picture is bullshit because it refutes my claim that there has been put no thought into this movie I don't like

Yea, no. I'm pretty sure the similarities are intentional considering Snyder has done similar things before. youtu.be/7p5-14rjWUM?t=28m46s

Not to mention the whole intro sequence of Bruce during the destruction of Metropolis.

You seem to be bent on replying to me expressing your disagreement but you're either too lazy or too stupid to actually put it to words. I was half joking when I called you underage before but it looks like I was right.

holy shit you are, i was joking you fucking sperg.

Is it, dare I say...Sup Forumskino?

I don't care about whether this movie has had thought put into it as much as I take pleasure at exposing memers like you who desperately try to find interpretations of the movie that make it look deeper than it is because they like it and feel a need to justify their liking it. I haven't even seen man of steel outside of this picture, I'm just calling bullshit where I see it. The part where someone gets pierced by a spike I could see being intentional, but the way the shots were filmed isn't really frame for frame pottery.

I love how actual discussion of this movie begins only after a good torrent comes out. Literally everything before it was making fun of its RT score and the flash scene.

>Snyder: But Batman shoots people in TDKR!!!!
This is how little he understands the characters. He references the few comics that casuals know and appropriates the visuals without caring about the characters.

No one has answers to any of those questions because Snyder's a hack.

>i don't understand batman: the post

> The part where someone gets pierced by a spike I could see being intentional, but the way the shots were filmed isn't really frame for frame pottery.

The backpedaling is delicious. You "critics" are all the same. You haven't exposed anything really. Someone noticed a similarity between MoS and BvS and you claim you exposed some memers.

Kill yourself now.

No one answered the questions because it was b8

>I'll just call it b8 so i don't have to respond to genuine questions

Cool.

>So buttblasted all I can do is strawman people

>Batman/Superman is hard to understand.

This is such a dumb critique.

Reinventions, different takes on characters we know. Do you understand this concept?

Yes, you didn't get what you wanted, get over it.

What kind of mental gymnastics am I witnessing here? Not only have you branded me as "a critic" and attached all sorts of assumptions and implications, which I would've forgiven had you admitted that those frames aren't similar, you now changed my argument and simultaneously said I'm backpedaling??? user I hate to correct you but it's only backpedaling if I change my argument, if you change it for me it's called a strawman.

It looks like I won't get you to admit that the similarity between MoS and BvS are very weak. That much was to be expected, given how you're grasping hard for anything you could find. Weak similarities, strong similarities, it's all the same to you.

go home Sup Forums

These are literally troll threads, you morons. No one is actually stupid enough to believe BvS is good. Just stop falling for the bait, idiots.

>He also killed the terrorist holding a gun to Lois' hea
proof
anything. snyder confirmation or a deleted scene showing him dead will do

(You)

>So buttblasted all I can do is strawman people

We infer it because he flew through the air and broke a concrete wall.

>for all we know he still has no problem with killing
confirmed for not seeing Man of steel
Superman was in pieces over it