Cheap food tips?

Cheap food tips?

What kind of things do you buy at the store which will last and be worth eating? I've been eating Ramen for a long time now and I'm getting tired of it to be honest. Is there anything I can put on it to make it taste better?

Buy rice, chicken breasts and cans of cream of chicken soup.

The rice can be bought in quantities of several billion for pennies and stores dry indefinitely.

Chicken boobs are the most expensive thing on the list, but they can be frozen indefinitely.

Campbell's Creamer Chicken Soap is just cans. They're like seventy cents a can and last forever in a cupboard.

Cook the rice on the stove. In the oven bake the breasts INSIDE THE SOPE, in a dish or pan or whatever. Then put the meat and soup on the rice. Serve in a bowl or even on a plate.

Also paprika.

It doesn't taste like anything but makes all food LOOK like its was cared for personally. Psychologically important. Also cheap.

can i save this?

Go ahead. Print it out and use it as a grocery list.

That rat looks fucking delicious. I'd eat the shit out of that.

Thanks

Thanks Lori!

Git gud at cooking chicken.

Stop being a lazy nigger
>draft a budget
>allocate a portion of your spending on things you like to eat
>if you're worried about your diet rub a couple braincells together and fix it
>if you don't know how to cook then google it
However, chorizo (or chicken), jalapenos , green chilies, diced red potatoes, minced mushrooms (optional), diced tomatoes, and a few eggs makes for a fucking fantastic meal.

Poor mans casserole
>your choice of mac and cheese
>colby jack
>can of tuna
>bag of frozen mixed veggies
>cook the mac
>cook the veggies
>mix together with tuna in baking tray
>put cheese on top
>bake for 20-30 minutes at 300 or until cheese starts to brown
Good shit and cost less than $10 to make,

Mac and cheese is the best poor food there is. Boxes of the generic shit at the store can be had for ridiculously cheap and if you throw in a few Bar S hotdogs you can have a pretty decent meal for less than a dollar.

And like other people said, chicken. I put it in a mini crock pot I got at a garage sale. Broth is cheap too.

YES!
THE CROCKPOT!

The crockpot is the secret method of fixing everything.

paprika doesnt taste? are you fucking kidding me?
where the fuck are you from?

The United Stares of America.

Agreed, crockpots are the silver bullet to virtually any meal prep problem.

explains it.

learn how to roast your own meats. roast chickens take virtually no effort and it'll give you a shitload of delicious meat for just the cost of a whole chicken

i disagree i think a crockpot is little more than a foodruiner

I have a little one i use for queso though

Learn to cook. Seriously. It really isn't that difficult. To get to the stage where you can cook something half decent doesn't take long at all.

Instant mac and cheese plus mix your choice of canned chili makes a good meal.

I pretty much live on cheap-ass food.

Get rolls of biscuits, the ones where you pop the cylinder open and bake them. Can find them for like 1.50 a can, ends up being about 1500 calories, almost a day's worth of food for nothing.

Rice. Add whatever you feel like splurging on. I add hot sauce, ranch, and red beans.

Frozen burritos can be the cheapest frozen food I know of besides Totino's pizzas.

It does tend to make food taste a little funny. But I work really shitty hours and can't be fucked to come home from a 15 hour shift to try and cook a decent meal at 0-dark-30. It's really nice to come home to a warm meal I can spoon out that cost me pennies to the dollar.

Act like a chink and gook, steal your neighbours cat or dog and eat the poor thing.

i call this 'bachelor chow'
1lb hamburger
a lot of rice like 4 or 5 cups
large jar salsa
1 large onion
block of frozen spinach
1 large can diced tomato

cook the hamburger, cook rice
cook onion, mix with hamburger in large skillet, i use a big wok
add the salsa, can of tomatoes and spinach, stir
simmer for like 30 min or w\e
mix the rice in
add salt to taste. salt is important otherwise it's bland as fuck.
you can eat that slop for like 2 weeks.

Quads demand

Don't do this, it makes mustard gas.

My brother makes what he calls "the thing", basically cheese, sausages, an egg and whatever the fuck else you want. You put it in a bowl and microwave it.

It's disgusting, very unhealthy but delicious when you're high.

sounds nauseating
and i ate this once

Beans and rice (black eyed peas, Llama beans, red beans and navy beans). Very cheap meals and nutritionally sound. Although I typically add ham/sausage for protein content, it's not 100% necessary. If you don't feel like cooking, buy blue runner beans. Add an onion and/or green pepper to mask any "can" taste. I don't spend much on food, but I also spare an hour or two a day to cook. Honestly, look up jailhouse Ramen recipes if you're sticking to ramen. I can definitely sympathize with you on getting tired of eating it everyday, at least you have choices kek.

>Mac and cheese and Bar S hotdogs
this is practically all we ate when i was growing up, top tier

in america, most food is not actually food, but petroleum byproducts, so what he calls paprika is actually ground refinery ash with red food coloring(also a petroleum derivative)

Plenty of ways to eat on the cheap

huge pan of chilli can feed you for weeks if you freeze the leftovers

most pasta dishes can be prepaired in around 15 mins for not too much money

stir fry is also a fast a cheap way to eat some veggies, there are fuck loads of doos stir fry recipies on the internet

Baked potatoes are the bomb, you can leave themcooking in the oven all day on a low heat while your at work, or just pop the spud in the microwave and have it done in around 10 mins

Underage autists are asleep or in school, if not, they will quote his post every fucking minute.

What the fuck is this? Zero star mince beef?

sounds good
I'd use egg whites, diced red potatoes, sausage links and cheddar cheese

that was two hamburgers that i cooked in mushroom soup, then added brown rice to it.
it was okay.

Budgetbytes, my favorite is southwest chicken skillet.
Cans are good when you doctor it with spices. beans(refried, black or pinto), corn, rotel, chili.
Chicken breast and ground beef.
I always use chipotle for smoke, paprika for color, and cayenne for heat.
Smoked salt helps.

For ramen, add sliced chicken breast, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, veggies, chili oil, any combo.

God i could go on forever

Crockpots are great, but nothing beats the utility of a good cast iron pan.

>cast iron
poverty fgt dosnt know about that forged iron pan

Oh get a big 'garlic & herb' thing, helps a ton.
'chili powder' is kind of like the spice mix i described, but generic.
Cheap nachos - chili with beans, corn chips, cheese, rotel, i like black olives too and a can o corn

>jalapeno corn bread made in a cast iron skillet

Fair enough. but you can get a good skillet nowadays for like $30. It'll last forever and you can use it on the stove top or in an oven. If I had to pick a single thing to have, it would be a cast iron pan. Anyways this is ot but for versatility you can't beat one.

Minus the spinach, that shit's "Spanish Rice"

4.5 years straight now living on my own and providing for myself on a pretty shit salary. i have my own 1br apartment now and can finally buy nice tings. here are my top tips

>cook breakfast + lunch + dinner 5 days a week each
-this has worked really well for me, i cook 15 meals for myself and eat out 6 meals a week, if i eat out during the week i compensate by cooking just as many meals on the weekend

>keep a stocked-ass pantry of key base ingredients
>this part seems expensive at first but when you start getting your culinary shit together and stop being lazy it pays the fuck off
curry paste, azn sauces (soy, oyster, fish), spices, honey, sesame/coco/olive oil are all staples

>cook a big pot of rice and bake a big tray of veggies once a week
-sides that hold 3-5 days days so all you have to do is cook the protein fresh

>combo dinner with next days lunch
-I always cook 2 steaks instead of 1, more than enough stirfry for one dinner, a lot coconut curry at once etc. it is so fucking easy to prepare the next day lunch but noobs are still spending 10-20$ daily on their lunch

Souped up rice.... take a can of cream of whatever condensed soup, make it. Fill empty can with minute rice, add to soup. Cover, remove from heat, let stand 10 minutes. Stir, eat

>canned soup and rice is a meal
No

>leaving your oven on all day at work
No

>mixing a raw egg, cheese and sauage and bombing in microwave OR cooking D-grade hamburger meat in pre-made mushroom soup
u wot m8

>Keep it fucking simple and cook yourself a fuckign meal without buying all the shit ingredients out of a can
A meal should have one protein (chicken/beef/fish), one starchy carb (potatoes/rice/quinoa if youre a hippie faggot), and vegetables. its really that fucking easy.

Easiest way to get yourself into this kind of routine (eating a normal fucking meal so youre not one of America's 50% obesity population) is the following recipe
>Youre about to get your shit changed

PARCHMENT PAPER CHICKEN

>Lay out a sheet of aluminum foil and put a sheet of parchment paper on top of that
>Cut 1 potato into 1cm thick slices and lay out a bed of potatoes, like 8-10 slices
>Salt+pepper+whatever spices+olive oil an entire chicken breast and lay on top of potatoes
>optional: top with onion/zucchinis/bbq sauce or some other american sauce

Close it up and bake it at 200 C for 30 minutes

>medium frying pan heat some oil on medium high heat
>Lightly brown the chicken breast (about 5 minutes a side). Don't fully cook it it will be tough if you do. Just brown. Like the people you hate.
>Mix one can cream of chicken soup with a half can of milk. Add in some Italian spices (buy the cheap shit if you want) to give it some flavor. Or lemon pepper. Or just salt and pepper.
>reduce heat to low, pour the soup mixture on top
>cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until the chicken is done.

It's cheap and you can also use pork chops if you want. Cream of mushroom soup works pretty good too if you want some change.

waht the fuck

This nigger gets it.
I make a good living and when I follow this advice I have way more free cash

>llama beans

>white rice
>frozen veggies
>soy sauce
>chicken
Fry the chicken, add in veggies, finally add prepared rice and soy sauce. Very basic but it goes a long way, it's filling and fulfills nutritional requirements.

adding an egg to ramen goes a LONG way. also, any vegetables pretty much -- frozen or fresh.

Box of taquitos + cheap dollar store nacho cheese.

You're welcome.

Rice, pasta, and noodles - all keep indefinitely in a dry place.

Flavour - well, you have to get crafty. Ketchup, mustard etc can all be had free, but you can also do well just boiling the dry stuff with a stock cube in the water. Costs a couple of cents each, and even plain rice tastes palatable if you cook it like this.
Beyond that, do you have a slingshot/pistol/bow? Pigeon and rabbit can be found nearly everywhere, and that's good eating.

McDouble from McDonald's.
Cheap, never molds.

dont forget rats, tasty tasty eats.

i think those are guinea pigs, the gourmet rat.

Well, no - because rabbit and pigeon in the wild will have a diet of grass/seeds/nuts/roots which is rich in nutrients. Whereas rats will have a diet of rotten taco shells, used condoms and dog shit.

I realise that meat = tendies to you simple fucks, but you can kill and eat your own food without being a mud-hut dweller you know?

There's the thing - I'd eat lab rat raised in a sterile environment no problem, but the kind of rats that live near humans tend to eat a lot of shit, and rotten food, and in some cases toxic chemicals, so catching them for dinner is a cunts game anyway.

shut up and eat some rat meat mr high and mighty pigeon eater hobo fuck

So cute and tasty

I'd soone eat rat meat than the "Bag O' Dicks Family-sized faget-rations" you dine on, fuck-cheese.

lel you eat pigeons with that mouth you buttblasted 3rd worlder

Yeah, the same kind of pigeon that people with real money pay top fucking dollar for - you would know this if you were not reliant on your aging, overweight mother for all your food/toilet needs.

>Campbell's Creamer Chicken Soap

what the fuck are you even talking about go back to mexico and beg for taco beans you dirty scum shit i'm better than you are.

>pigeon in the wild will have a diet of grass/seeds/nuts/roots which is rich in nutrients
>Whereas rats will have a diet of rotten taco shells, used condoms and dog shit.

????

I mean based on your assessment of a rat's diet, I assume you're talking about shit in the city, what the fuck do you think Pigeons eat in the city?

Spoiler alert: It's cigarette butts and that half eaten rotting burger and french fries some passed out homeless guy left in the mcdonald's parking lot.

And where the fuck do you find rabbits in the city? The humane society?

Rats in "the wild" will eat the same shit that pigeons eat, whether they're in the country, or in the city.

Don't come in here talking shit then get all huffy and puffy because you're too good to eat rats.

Hunt rabbits or buy them from someone who does. Even at the butchers rabbits are cheap for the amount of meat you get, much cheaper than chicken but more nutritious.

>I've been eating Ramen for a long time now and I'm getting tired of it to be honest. Is there anything I can put on it to make it taste better?

Try adding frozen veggies and parmesan cheese for an awesome dish. Or Drain the water, add the flavor pack and some minimal whip for a kick ass noodle salad.

>Cheap food tips?

Egg sandwiches

WOOD pigeon is suitable for eating, not the flying disease-rags that live in the city, you simple cunt. Google it. I'll wait.

Ok then, Autismo - google "Wood Pigeon" when you're done ranting, and then check out some of the award-winning restaurants that serve it all over the world. Not that it'll make any deifference to you, but you're wrong.

Only an absolute retard leaves their oven on while they're at work

Shop after you've eaten dinner-> Not only are you full and likely to not buy stupid shit, but it's when almost all supermarkets reduce prices further and put yellow stickers on everything (Up to -90% price)

Stock up on 2-3kg of most grains->
>Couscous
>Barley
>Oats
>Brown Rice
>Quinoa
>Whatever else is cheap and you like

These are cheap as dirt and make up a good chunk of most meals so with 10kg of grain you have 40% of your meals covered for approx 1 full year.

Stock up on 5kg of meat in the freezer. Bigger joints/cuts = bigger savings->

>Fowl is cheapest, chicken, turkey & duck. BUY WHOLE
>Pork and beef are full of saturated fat but if you don't care about health they can be cheap. Cheap cuts = Leg & Butts, Thighs, Belly, Shoulder

You now have meat for 2 months and grains for 1 year.
Finally, buy veg that are in season for cheapness as you need them. This completes most of your meals other than herbs and spices and stuff.

they are super good tho, for real.

they can't eat carrots, they can't eat carrots, for fucks sake they can't eat carrots. it's fine if you wanna snap it's neck, pull the skin off and roast it in olive oil with a bit of lemon and salt @ 400f, but don't feed a rabbit carrots. It will fuck them up.

kek'd at the chicken boobies

Brah, you need a crockpot in your life. Buy a mass of pork butt, stick it in the crockpot with whatever you wanna do. let cook on slow for like 10hrs, then you got greasy goodness that can be noshed on for a while. Freeze what you anticipate will not be eaten within a week.

hahaha, I had mac and cheese with a hot dog in it tonight. I'm scared of those Bar S hotdogs though. Seen them at the Dollar Tree, but I really like good brand hot dogs like Hebrew National or Nathan's. I just wait until they're buy one get one free to buy them.

I did try Bar S bologna though. It was too squishy, but not bad if you fry the hell out of it

I chuckled

The chicken nuggets at Dollar Tree were surprisingly good, just cook them longer than the directions say. They also have big bags of good french fries for $1 sometimes

You don't actually need much meat. Having meat twice a week is generally enough, unless you do lots of sports. So buying a bit of meat as a treat, rather than having it on a regular basis is a good way to reduce spending. Here's a relatively healthy approach (you can definitely eat much cheaper if you don't care about health).

Meat also works best when in stews or whatever you can do with other cheap cuts. If you make a stew using lots of onions, carrots and potatoes, you generally cut costs because those are cheap. You can add lentils, or replace the meat with them (or part of it). They're cheap and healthy. Adding a few tomatoes or whatever season vegetable (check the weight/price) for something cheap. Garlic helps, and all you need other than that is stock and a saucepan, or even salt and garlic if you really want to. You can then portion it and freeze it, that way you heat it up and eat it with whatever you have on hand (rice, noodles...).

Another thing you can do is buy lots of cheap noodles, buy cheap mince meat, onions and canned tomatoes. You just make shitloads of tamato sauce with it that you can ration and freeze. Then you just heat it up and make pasta or whatever and you're good.

But really, the main thing to do is identify what costs the most when it comes to food. Not all vegetables are expensive (especially per weight), while some cost a fortune. Also avoid extremely cheap food, meaning stuff like very low price sausages or cheese, because chances are you're just paying for filler rather than the product, and you can buy filler yourself for much cheaper.

Thanks man

Dude that looks like guinea pig. They eat them in South America. Tried it once, tasted like crunchy hare.

Do all of these people have to look like eric estrada or is it a personal choice?

Biggie cheese stole his last tendie heheheeh

>Americans eat oil
>Robots eat oil
>Americans are robots

How do I get machine gun nipples?

Fucking this.
Mac and cheese is super easy and throwing a couple hotdogs in makes it almost a meal.
>mfw this was almost exclusively what i ate while going through college with the rare exception of some ham and bean and cornbread.

It's all yours my friend xDDDDD

this looks like vomit

Ausfag. Can confirm. It's literally almost-tasteless red powder but if you mix it with chilli powder it tastes like chipotle in shitty cheezy pasta.

What I used to do, could average between $1.50~2.50 a day.

>rice
>beans
>66c cans of soup
>frozen veges
>fresh onions and potatoes
>cheap cheap frozen meatballs (like $5/kg shitty ones) or 2kg/$8 smoked chicken slices
>bulk pasta and pasta sauce
>bread

And with some spices and other basic shit was easy to turn that into a dozen different meals

Get free food out of people at events and parties