Am i too late for playing morrowind and finding it enjoyable if i never played it in when it came out

am i too late for playing morrowind and finding it enjoyable if i never played it in when it came out

Other urls found in this thread:

tesrenewal.com/skywind-faq
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shit this isnt Sup Forums

it's never too late user

Its a Great game with a shittone of mods out there, give it a play, you wont regret it..

Juts a heads up, it doesnt hold your hand and tell you what to do like Oblivion or Skyrim does...

You will get missions which simply say "head to a cave in the north..."

No im not joking

Oblivion was best.

Definitely, get ready to use guides, some missions are incredibly poorly described and the terrain can be difficult to navigate. You might actually walk right past objectives. This is more of a problem with smaller side quests though. For the main quest its usually obvious where you need to go.

Its also incredible that considering how old the game is, sometimes you'll come across vistas or scenes that are just breathtaking. The setting really helps with this, with wastelands and alien flora and fauna (Bloodmoon is on Solstheim and is ugly as hell, obviously dated).

GTFO normie

The game has aged poorly but it does have a nice atmosphere that has been unmatched for the series. It really could use a remake tbh.

Tough to say, being someone that bought it the day it came out.
this guy is retarded. For a game that is roughly 15 years old it looks fantastic.
I would say that it is worth checking out, but I cannot guarantee anything.

No, it looks like a 15 year old game. Stop it. The meshes look bad at times. The animation is jerky. The combat is rubbish at best. The faces all look awful.

But I still play it from time to time just because of the memories.

The game is fine as long as you don't mind reading. You also need to realize the fight mechanics are roll based (like an actual RPG instead of the babby tier action RPG bullshit that little kids under the age of 25 confuse with actual RPGs).

No, you will love it if you get the graphical overhaul. If you dont, you might not get over how dated it look. I really recommend going with the overhaul, its great.

Shut your mouth, n'wah! It may look old, but seems pretty good for 15 years old, that is all.

If you're worried about games graphically, then you're obviously a little kid and need to stick to cawadoody.

I wasn't talking about the looks. The gameplay is what has aged like milk the most.

This is the big problem with this game. I love Skyrim and Oblivion, but hate Morrowind because of it's poor journal system.

Also, the leveling system is fucked up. Don't expect to be able to do anything at all before level 20.

>it's
Go back to the third grade.

Just come to terms with it, it's a broken game.

Just come to terms with the fact you need to go back to facebook with the other mouthberathers.

>Being this stupid

A word of advice:

For the best experience as a new player I would mod for updated graphics and contiguous gameplay.

Loading screens and graphics were my two issues.

Then, if you've never played before, don't use guides. Immerse yourself in the world, take the long route and learn the game the hard way.

Almost everyone who still says morrowind was the best was dumped into the world without warning, and because of this found it to be a new kind of experience.

Exploring on your own is fascinating in a game like that.

>mouthberathers

Great comeback kid.

>opinion

more of these Sup Forumsros! plus any funny skyrim greentexts?

I still play pic related type games (not with that shit shading though)

You really missed out OP. Spent an entire summer as a kid playing the game on PC.

Bethesda messed up when they made their future games with "fast travel".

Really miss walking for hours upon hours in that HUGE game (bigger than Oblivion/Skyrim) and running into Dungeions with weird ass names like "Milk".

Finding weird weapons like a dinner fork and a knife with a tooth on it was fun too.

Really got sucked into that world, and it wasnt even an MMO.

Really don't think I'll ever have an experience like that again with a game.

These memes are funny as hell
(Pic Unrelated)

theres a difference between the game not holding you hand and the game saying fuck you. Oblivion (especially compared to skyrim) tells you just about the right amount of info to get things done without too much hassle. Morrowind (like yoou said) will tell you to go to a cave and leave it at that. While skyrim might as well just play the game for you. Just bought both morrowwind and oblivion the other day. Morrowind has definitely not aged well. been binging on oblivion. hail sithis.

haha of all of em, this is the one i hated. i bought that one you bastards!

I have a boner, is the pic related now?

>The game has aged poorly but it does have a nice atmosphere that has been unmatched for the series. It really could use a remake tbh.

tesrenewal.com/skywind-faq

Yes

> Spent childhood summer wasting his life on video games while other kids were out there playing and living
> You missed it
Nigga you don't have the prospects tosay shit like this

Impressive digits.

this is a better place to post this than any ylyl thread

Best elder scrolls in my opinion. Playing it again and again every year. there are good graphic mods - Morriwind Overhaul or Skywind

>Bethesda messed up when they made their future games with "fast travel"
Morrowind was the only game on the series not featuring fast travel.

No, because you probably have no idea how the stat system works, because you are probably a big spoon-fed baby who is used to perk trees and other watered down, overly simplified leveling systems mean't for normies who can't focus on something for more than two seconds.

worth it

The games before it didnt have fast travel.

And the games after Morrowind shouldnt have had fast travel.

Arena needed it as it covered the entire known world. Morrowind did it right, mages could port you, for a price. And with the coastal boats, striders, etc, you could get damn close to where you needed to be. And there's a mod to quest to make the stronghold portals work if you want.

these get me every time

I thought Daggerfal did have fast travel? I remember it taking weeks to move between places and after you get ganked by enough Were creatures and shit you end up fast travelling to places you'd been.

Been a fucking long time though.

It did.