Randall Flagg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UiqwF_Y9S5Q
collider.com/dark-tower-javier-bardem-viggo-mortensen/
youtube.com/watch?v=qqis14Y0tUc
twitter.com/idriselba/status/744524677750603776/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

what is with the awful length of the sleeves on that jacket?

It's a hand-me-down.

Needs more cowbell

Pretty fucking disappointing to be honest, famalams.

Seriously, McAlphabet doesn't have a baleful appearance to him.

Worse than fucking Idris. Nobody'll ever get the dark man right. The fucking Stand was bad enough.

It should have been Sam Rockwell

>tfw they only cast Matthew because they think tying a big name to this shitfest will bring viewers

Fuck my life.

This is already a casting trainwreck, and its january release is speaking volumes. It's like the studio chose to make a shitty non-starter because the alternative was selling the rights and risking somebody making something good out of it. They were better off holding onto it forever without doing anything with it, but I guess the greed took over.

what's the big deal? he looks okay.

He blatantly doesn't fit the role, and his acting portfolio shows this. Hell, Tom Cruise would've done a better job, considering his performance in Interview with the Vampire.

>Sony produces the adaption of your favorite Stephen King series

>He blatantly doesn't fit the role, and his acting portfolio shows this.
Everyone says this until an actor nails the role.

Tom needs to play more villains, Lestat, Vincent kinda Les Grossman all excellent.

Except when he doesn't

Well you won't know until you see it, will you?

>Tom needs to play more villains
This
youtube.com/watch?v=UiqwF_Y9S5Q

Oh come now. I won't know if I have a winning lottery ticket until I've bought it and the numbers have run.
Doesn't mean it's going to win. Doesn't mean it's even remotely likely.

I don't know the Ghostbusters reboot is going to be shit because it's not out yet. Doesn't mean it won't be, and the bad decisions during production and in its trailers only support the notion that it very likely will be awful.

Likewise, the awful decisions right out of the gate are also pointing in the "this'll be shit" direction. I'll stick with my prediction, thanks.

Well, I'll be glad to tell you you're wrong once the movie is released.

!remindme six months

You won't. We both know this. The January release date alone is a red flag. There's a reason "Fuck you, it's January" is something of a catchphrase among film releases.

Pretty based.
Still don't know if I'm even going to see it desu, but I probably will.

One day I'll finish The Dark Tower series.

The Gunslinger: Fucking rad
The Drawing of the Three: Rad
The Wastelands: Good, cliffhanger ending annoying
Wizard and Glass: Enjoyable but flashback section = ZZZZZZZZZ despite overall plot importance

I got like fifty pages into Wolves of the Calla but got distracted by other things.

Prepare for things to go way off the rails.

I know the general plot outline. King always shits the bed with his endings, so I wasn't going to set my hopes high

I personally don't even mind the ending, it's just how they got to the ending after book 4 that bothers me.

It never actually ended at book 7. That was the biggest problem. At the very least it implied that Roland was on his last trip, considering he had the horn of Gilead by the end.

>that fucking outfit

Goddamn, this is gonna be I, Frankenstein tier.

>I, Frankenstein tier.

Fucking hell. I went into that movie with the outlook of "I know it's going to suck dick, but I hope I can enjoy the sci-fi aspects of it at least" but dear God was that a terrible fucking movie.

Unfortunately, you're probably right about TDT.

>those buckles

It was so fucking bad even turning your brain off just wasn't enough.

think they can fit a few more

Friendly reminder that anyone who has a problem with this is a hateful racist :)

the outfit is correct, but if that's jake wtf isn't he in a private school uinform

I'm a racist, I still think that nigger will be a good Roland

>the outfit is correct

Nope. He was often described wearing a blue chambray shirt and occasionally a jacket.
Pic related would be correct. He sure as fuck didn't dress like he was going to a steampunk convention.

>ever doubting McConaughey again after TD
Yeah this is probably going to be a shit dark tower movie but that's not the point.

he had a duster and a 'purse' also jeans, that's what I'm seeing, it does need to be seriously more scuffed tho, waay to clean

Because you didn't read the books like 99% of this board

A nigger as MC was fucking stupid and they will have to rearrange the plot and other characters around it.

Because this is what SJWs do, they can't invent shit, they need to correct what's already there.

They will have to re-arrange one character and part of the plot of one book. A part that doesn't matter in the long run.

I don't understand, I thought Dark Tower series was supposed to be an old timey Western?

Why are all the extras dressed like they're in the present day?

Because much of it takes place in modern day.

Kek

wow this was my exact experience reading the books. i never got halfway though wolves and just stopped there

What could've been.

collider.com/dark-tower-javier-bardem-viggo-mortensen/

yes I did fuckwit, one of my fav series, I agree with all of this actually, but who would you prefer? That nigger has the correct presence, Javier would have been good but he's out. The nigger can act don't be a tard

why is he dressed like the matrix? Hes supposed to be a cowboy guy right? Shouldnt it be like a duster or something

>The nigger can act don't be a tard

People only started liking this bluegum when he played in Thor. He's a fucking meme actor. He outshone fucking no one in The Wire.

Close- SJWS change the narrative to fit their desired perception of reality.

Stringer was good just like everyone else in the wire, again ur right nothing outstanding but def soild, so again now Javier is out, who would you pick?

>revisionism.txt

>Stephen King kills off the man in black in the most anti climatic way to hype up another villian

I honestly don't even think it's possible for the film to be worse than the last three books.

is there anyone, black white or yellow, who didn't grow up picturing Roland as the white guy on the cover of the first book?

Well they also made Walter look like a douche at a nightclub when he's supposed to be a spooky sorcerer in a hooded cloak.

Viggo, obviously. Eastern Promises alone proves he more than had the chops and presence for the role. Considering the age fluctuation of the character ranging from early 30s to early 60s even his current age wouldn't be a hindrance.

Not much about the outfit says "cowboy"

It sucks

Is this from the Matrix reboot?

He's consistently described and illustrated as a tall black-haired blue-eyed white guy throughout the series. There's nothing open to interpretation about it, that's what's so annoying.

yea in imagination land we get Viggo, a dude already obsessed with Cowboys, never was gonna happen, fuck that would've been perfect tho, damn now I'm angry

post apocalyptic cowboy?

nigga think he dante

For fuck's sake, they look fine.

It doesn't even say "heir to the throne of Gilead".

It says "Steampunk > Cyberpunk, fite me"

Cowboys that descended from Arthurian knights thousands of years ago. Things are different, the world has moved on.

Shouldn't you be getting more of your high-school tier emails leaked, sony shill?

youtube.com/watch?v=qqis14Y0tUc

but it is kinda steampunk cyberpunk as much as I dislike those that's what it is, that's what gilead was

The world moved on

But not into a hot topic

I'm more wondering how they're going to handle the licensing issues when they get to the part with Dr. Doom wielding a Lightsaber while throwing Harry Potter Snitches.

Kek.

>steampunk
>cyberpunk

LITERALLY pick one. The two styles could not be more opposed. So which is it?

I don't know if I can suspend my belief with a black man saying this:
twitter.com/idriselba/status/744524677750603776/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

both, also western, Sci-fi horror, crime drama etc kinda of the point of the books dude, Roland even has a little speech about mixing genres

I'm asking about the outfit Idris is wearing which was the discussion at hand. Please keep up. And no, it does not look like both.

they'll get the rights to HP everything else will be changed

I was talking bout the themes, but be butthurt if u want. The outfit is too clean and neat the style is fine

Stop. Just stop now and make up your own ending.

I am being one hundred percent serious that it will be better than what you would read if you keep going.

Not that guy but neither.

There was nothing that associated it with known steampunk styles. It was closer to Shannara-esque fantasy. There was ancient technology that looked fairly modern by our standards, and architecture generally looked middle-ages.

I honestly don't know if that is tom cruise or not

The studio knows full well that this film franchise won't make it that far.

Looks like I'm the only one in this thread who liked dandelo

>Just stop now and make up your own ending.

Good advice since that's exactly what King tells you to do before the last chapter.

You're not. I liked every book and I don't give a fuck what others say. Once you realize that Mordred would never be born if Roland saved Jake in the mine in the first book, a lot of shit changes.
And Roland carrying the horn of Gilead was a clear implication that he would have the heart to save Jake the next time around.

>Thandie Newton as Susannah
>Walter Goggins as Eddie
I will never be able to get over this.

Goggins would've been a godtier Man in Black.

So the only way it will be good is... if they make the story completely different?

yea I get ppl hating the ending but I thought it was great, I do wish we had had a little more from the Crimson King but what r u gonna do.

Is that mcconahoey? Or cruise? Or I can't really tell

Wait what?

Walton Goggins is Eddie?
No fucking way.

Niggas 23 in the books.

>Screenplay By Akiva Goldsman.
IT and this will fucking suck.
I truly Hope The Stand gets a much better quality.

If they started the movies where the books left off I would've jizzed my jeans.

See what happened was Roland reaches the top of the Tower, only to find he fucked up somewhere down the line and his memories started to go. Next thing he's in the desert chasing the Man in Black. Difference is he's carrying the horn of Gilead, which he previously abandoned because he essentially stopped caring about anything but revenge. This heavily implies that his experience leading up to the tower in the first books stayed with him and he regained his lost humanity, and the Tower basically allowed him to start again, and get it right. The book ends there, and everybody got mad.

that would be kinda sweet, the opening plays out exactly the same, then camera pans down and the horns just hanging on his belt, fuck that would be awesome

It would be the only thing that could redeem this shit-fest. And King, too.

>let's dress him in all black, guys
>but this open collar says he gives zero fucks

He's basically Jack from Borderlands 2 crossed with someone who saw a goth kid once.

Movie's gonna suck.

He is fleeing across the desert in THAT? They didn't do a great job of making the outfits look used.

he'll never top this iconic line. perfect movie. perfect character.

he's still a nigger

dropped.

King tweeted an image recently of the Horn of Eld with the words "This Time Around".

It is confirmed this is a sequel taking place after the books.