Hey guys so I have a GeForce 750 right now and I want to get a better graphics card. Can I just buy anyone I want...

Hey guys so I have a GeForce 750 right now and I want to get a better graphics card. Can I just buy anyone I want ? Thinking about getting a GTX 950. Can I just buy the card and install it myself ?

How much is it?

Rather get a 1070 if you're on budget or 1080.

Yes

as long as it fits your mainboard/case and your psu has enough power: yes

You can buy it as long as it fits your computer case and motherboard
Plus you need to make sure you have enough power to run it

If he wasn't on a tight budget he wouldn't have been looking at 950, which is significantly cheaper than a 1070

>Can I just buy the card and install it myself ?

This can only be done by trained professionals, I certainly wouldn't recommend trying to do it yourself, you wouldn't try to change the engine in a car would you?

Why not simply wait a few months, save up some money and get a better card? Why buy it this instant?

get a 1050 ti you idiot

Is that the line geek squad uses these days?

if you're choosing between the 950 and the 750 i assume you've taken into account your power source and it can handle it, or you are only thinking of the graphics card, it's also pretty easy to install a card yourself, i don't think either of them have any need like special cooling so it shouldn't be an issue with how simple it is

forgot to add that 750 should do you fine if you're deciding strictly between the two

If your PC can accommodate a 750 a 950 will work perfectly fine.

get a 1050ti and install it yourself , its easy

1050 ti is 15% better and costs the same

why dont u get the new gtx 1090? its better and cheaper than the gtx 1070 fam

do not make haste op

if you're going to buy a gpu buy a good one

Get a 1050 ti or put money and get a 1060

Thats the 2 best price/performance options

buy another 4gb gtx 680 for sli or a 1070/1080 ?

witch would be better? its only for 1080p gaming

1070/1080. SLI doesn't give double the performance.

950 is shit.

Get the 1060. or 970
If you don't have money.
Buy the 960.
But you can't play all the game's on best detail.

yes i know it doesn't double but with one 680 i can run anygame high to max with 60fps+ i was just wondering would adding another one be better than spenting £600+ on a new card

I would suggest getting a 1060 and u can install it urself look up video's on youtube its literally plugging it in and connecting 2 power connectors and ur done

Not all game's are compatible with sli or crossfire.
Its better to have one card.

Not sure if bait or retarded

Although if OP has to ask if it's even possible to do it himself he's probably retarded too

How big is your case? and Power supply? A few years ago i went to upgrade my GPU and then my PSU was too weak. I went and upgraded that but then it was too big for my case. I ended up having my PSU outside of my case for like a year.

I think you are the retarded one

Make sure your wearing socks, and rub your feel all over the carpet to ride yourself of static electricity. Then make sure your not touching case and install, touch everything inside the case possible that inst metal, to ground yourself.

DONT GET A 950!!!
Get a 1050ti, Cheaper and BETTER

if thats how you look at building a computer, you'll never get one built. by the time a component comes down in price, the next higher one is just a few months from dropping in price.

buying a 4k monitor to play in 4k is just a bait gimmick or is actually really that good?

i'm planing to buy a 2x 1080 but i think this 4k is bullshit.

4k is a waste of money 1080p is fine

>if you save money for good components instead of shit ones you'll never get one built
???

Fuck 4k, 1440p is neat though

4k is indeed a gimmick.
Do you mean, you wand to buy 2 1080p monitors?
Or 2 1080's grapic cards?

Depends, most 950s still need a PCIe power plug, but there are 75W 950s.

OP would be best off getting a 460, 1050, 1050Ti as budget allows, with the 1050 being typically the better $/performance.

No, they aren't.

Best $/performance options 1050 -> 470 -> 1070.

1080:60 < 1440:60 < 1080:144 < 1440:144

4K still takes too much horsepower.

ive never seen a 1440 monitor, what makes it so neat?

Higher resolution leads to a crisper image. 1440 is enough additional resolution over 1080 that it allows for finer detail while not strangling your GPU like 4K would.

OP here
changed the engine in my car by myself already.
Too eazy!

P.s:
Doing officejob and never been into mechanics.

I paid $110 for a GTX 950 9 months ago, you can surely find a better deal. You should also go for a bigger upgrade while you're at it.