Why do English language need double plural?

Why do English language need double plural?

You must use plural indicator "these" and then use plural word after: "these mice"
Why won't "this mice" or "these mouse" make sense? The double plural seems excessive and I hate this.

We should cancel the double plural. This dogs or these dog. Which should we drop the plural indicator or the plural noun? I think fuck nouns but the indicator should go?

>why do all actually used languages have illogical constructs and exceptions
interesting topic OP, I suggest you stop posting so we will not have to read texts written in awful languages

Also your verbs are fuck. "I ran yesterday" past tense. "I went running yesterday" past tense? Why use action tense for past? It makes no sense.

Who gives a shit? Either way, most languages have this "double plural". You are the one who has to adapt.

>Also your verbs are fuck.
You need to put fucked in the past tense you retard

What have am going to read?

Those are two different past tenses, simple and compound. That comes from french by way of latin.
Does your language not have 6 or 7 tenses?

Bump

Icelandic has 4 tenses, no double plural but very stupid 3 gender, masculine feminine and neutered

You must be both underage and the dumbest person in Iceland. Do you get good grades compared to your classmates? Are you black?

I don't know what third world shithole you come from, but you'd better learn to embrace English if you want to make it anywhere in the world other than a shallow grave dug by your fellow hut-dwellers.

There are no black in iceland. Only Icelandic

This was meant to you if you are OP. Ignore otherwise

Yes only the 3rd world does not speak English

It was a key question to understand OP's mental retardation

We all better start learning Russian anyway. I'm getting ready as we speak.

I am refuse to use the double plural. I will change the language?

Go back to the shithole you were conceived in, faggot.
English is one of the simplest languages known to man. No need for newspeak.

The compound uses a totally different verb than French passé composer. But there are actually useful aspects to this feature such as being able to apply the action tense if the past tense is unknown

>English is one of the simplest languages known to man
>being this naive
>not realising English has very few consistent rules and is full of exceptions to the few rules that exist.

Not naive at all, English is my second language.
I started learning it when I was about 14 years old.
I know what I'm talking about.

>as being able to apply the action tense if the past tense is unknown
Example please

>I am refuse
Yes ... Yes, you are

New speakers mostly. A dude knows what "running" means, but does not know "ran". So by only knowing a few key words (went, was, etc) he can make himself understood

Fuck

>that comes from french by way of latin

Wait... what? What comes from French by way of Latin? English verb tenses? English is a Germanic language. We've got plenty of French words we've taken, French vocabulary, but that's about it.

>non-native speaker telling us how to speak

How about you go back.

tfw Scandinavia

>one must live in an English country to speak English

Every Scandinavian I've met - be they Danish, Swedish or Finnish - have spoken proper english.
You must be a special kind of retard.

I am to change English to my liking?

In that case, stay.

Yeah um did you know that English is a bastard language with many roots? And it shares common lineage to French? I mean the two nations were at war for hundreds of years, they definitely picked up each others language

Under rated post

>Yeah um
Go back to tumblr, you walking waste of oxygen

Many words and grammatical rules come from Latin, although the overall structure remains germanic

>? And it shares common lineage to French? I mean the two nations were at war for hundreds of years, they definitely picked up each others language

Are you a massive retard? English syntax and pronunciation and roots are Germanic. And English uses a lot of French vocabulary because England was basically founded by French speaking Normans and was occupied by Latin speaking Romans.

In a wheelchair bitch. Also Tumblr is cancer.

Why don't you fuck off and deal with it foreigner.

Syntax maybe. But roots are varied and pronunciation rules extremely varied

Go back to tumblr where you can score sympathy points with your pretentious writing and your disability.
Are you seriously trying to sound badass while chained to a wheelchair?
I'd tell you to step up, but I can see how that ends.

>The two nations were at war for hundreds of years

I think you mean the English were ruled by the French and the French kings of England and France disagreed on who was the legitimate king of both.

No. Just pointing out that I am not walking around. Also a shit tier pun. Get some originality

Yeah that. France and England have shared and changed territory a lot

hue

No it does not.

It's pretty much the same in spanish, although spanish plural words are usually the same as their singular counterpart but with an "s" or "es" (if it ends in consonant), whereas in english, some plural variants are just entirely different words. E.g

This mouse
These mice

Este raton
Estos ratones

>bastard language

No it's not. I just told you where it came from. It's a Germanic language that has evolved into its modern form like all Proto-Indo-European languages.

So the entire English language is germanic in origin? Every aspect?

If you don't like English, then don't fucking use it.

Fuck forced to

If you're forced to, then just put up with it and proceed with your day.
Don't complain.

Bitches get stitches

Sucked my dick

A fuck
Two fucks
That fuck
This fuck
Those fucks
Their fucks
There, you fuck

fuck, you happy now Op?
They're fucking

No you fuck

If you need an English speaker to practice with, i may consider skyping with you

>but very stupid 3 gender, masculine feminine and neutered

Same in german. A friend from Ireland once said, "How the fuck should I know if the table is male or female".

I can speak English well enough i but hate double fucking plural

Check underneath obviously

Depends how the table identifies

That only works in the U.S.

Because the double "iss" is harder to say clearly and easier to confuse. Think about it for half a second before you post, dingus

same in italian,
il topo
questo topo
i topi
questi topi

>Why do English language

Learn English, then you get a say on how it should be.

Maybe you shouldn't have grown up speaking caveman you fucking cro magnon

Actually, I think one must live in an English country to speak English correctly. ESL-kun please GTFO,

>Actually, I think
good for you, massive faggot

Instant karma!

Now that you have pointed this out it will bug me forever...

Trips confirms fuck double plurals

Your laziness and/or severe mental retardation is showing

Holy hell,that was the first time ive ever gotten trips.

Demonstrative adjective specify "which one" you're referring to, as in, "This dog right here," or, "That dog over there." It isn't a double plural, either. It's just agreement between different components of a sentence, which isn't unique to English.

No I wrote that sentence really poorly. Here's another go at it:

English is a Germanic language, and it has evolved as all Proto-Indo-European languages have.

Very few grammatical rules (virtually none) come from Latin. The ones you're thinking of are probably:

>never end a sentence with a preposition

This was artificially carried over by a clergyman/bishop and Latin scholar who, having nothing better to do, wrote a book on English grammar with a whole bunch of rules he took from Latin and applied to English.

>never split an infinitive

It's not possible to split an infinitive in Latin because infinitives in Latin are one single word. There are instances in English where an infinitive *must* be split in order for the sentence to make sense.

How do I even past tense a future for why?

Why are there 2 past for get? Got and gotten

> massive retard
nice ad hominem. it really proves your point. have you ever heard of a little thing called old english? that form of the english language comes from german, but then we get to a little thing called "middle english" when the romance languages started to have a heavy influence in the english languages, changing the syntax thusly. modern english has been heavily influenced by romance languages in terms of tenses, even if you refuse to learn that. You cannot look at old english and then look at modern english and pretend that they are one and the same

Okay. So it's a bastard like most widespread languages?

Not the guy you're responding to, but you really are talking out your ass.

Middle English comes from Old English. Old English comes from West Germanic. Germanic comes from Proto-Indo-European. And at no point before reaching PIE do the two, English and French, ever cross paths in any meaningful way. You'll see on some charts (pic related) a dotted line from French to Middle English, but it's dotted for a reason, and that's to signal the borrowing of VOCABULARY.

The *vocabulary* we take from anywhere and everywhere, but sure, mostly French. The actual grammar and syntax is Germanic. Any grammatical "rule" you've learned that has been taken from French or Latin is, frankly, bullshit. See post

No. It has *evolved* like most *modern* languages.

To say that it's a bastard language implies that it has no lineage or discernible history. It comes from no where. But we know exactly where it comes from and how.

To say it's a bastard language is confusing, actually, because the closest thing to a "bastard language" would be a language isolate like Korean and Basque.

Well they're used for different situations.
"I've gotten a pair of glasses"
"I got a letter from him the other day"

And I think what you're doing is seeing common attributes between PIE languages and drawing the conclusion that one must have influenced or changed the other, but that's not necessarily true.

Does French form verb tenses using auxiliaries and modals? Yes. Does English? Yes. And so do a plethora of other languages that are not in the language tree of either Italic or Germanic.

Common attributes =/= one must have taken from the other