rate
ask questions
judge
make assumptions

Pic related: ask a kroger fag anything

Other urls found in this thread:

ufcw455.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Use to work at krogers. Was pretty chill ig.

is wendy's any better? pros/cons of each?

>Publix
>$10.70

how long have you worked there?
Union?

Sweet a Wendy's bro I worked there for 5 years it was a chill and fun first job got to eat and smoke all the weed I wanted.
I worked there for about two and a half years currently a cashier but sorta trained as a css

Kroger kinda depends on what you do. Wendys no matter what you do when its busy you have to focus and be fast.

publix here also....job is so stupid easy.....great benefits/stock

Yeah the work is easy but I have horrible micro management managers that want to shit on you every second possible no matter what you do but I'll be transfering.

sounds like any retail job

i bet that's awesome!

AT&T

15.66 plus com.

Sales driven and goal oriented. Depending on managment it can be chill or complete hell.

Would recommend everyone trying to work for corperate AT&T for at least a year. Union.

Also, almost impossible to get fired. Just don't call out more than 7 times a year and dont steal customers pictures.

Grocery manager here it's shit tier for most of the associates and the union is a fucking joke that only protects shitty works in all reality. BTW they haven't saved nearly as much as claimed they included bloated and inflated numbers and they only save on average 25 or jobs a year so there is that as well. Most people let them selves go with no call no shows and of course just walking out pissed off causing abandonment of job.

>dont steal customers pictures.
I assume you work in a retail store as opposed to a call center? How easy would it be to steal pictures? I mean, aren't the customers right there when you have access to their device?

No. Most stores have a transfer machine in the back. Much win. Only look, never take.

>it's shit tier for most of the associates and the union is a fucking joke
nailed it. What are you talking about with saving jobs?

but I need to take!! How will they know? lol

what they claim on the union website here is the local 455 shit suckers.

ufcw455.org/

Well it wasn't like that we had a bunch of young managers that did an amazing job motivating and helping us achieve our goals. Now the managers we have a bunch of old managers that don't give two shit about you,your life, and career we lost so many people because of them and our store rating went down the shits.
What would be the entry job for corperate AT&T

oh my bad, I overlooked that- referring to the union. Yeah they claim they recover so much for the employees. Did your union back Hillary in the election? My local 655 did, but it wasn't as publicized as Obama was

I don't nearly buy the backpay thing nor anything else from these snakes. I hope they strike hard and lose out which hopefully will happen on the next contract. I can shop for my own insurance inflate my fucking paycheck where it should be Kroger. I make around 600-800 a week depending on my overtime. I should be making more like 750-950 and hourly associates would get about 2 dollars an hour more without the union insurance to protect the old cancer fuckers we have at Kroger.

Nope not in Texas in fact our Union is not allowed to persuade politics openly as we have a right to work state and Texas has an addendum to this though they did want everyone to vote Killary. Fuck that I went Trump as there isn't a serious Libertarian I trust these days.

I worked at Kroger in high school. What department do you work in?

It is awesome. My manager and I carpool to work and blaze on the way every day.

awesome. Not sure how I feel about right to work states, people here usually act like that's a bad thing.

Here is a story.

>be me
>be helping a mother and daughter
>daughter looks like she could be 18 but not risking it
>transfering content in back
>coworker comes up
>dude bro, bro dude. Let me see that! That girl is fine as shit! She gotta have something on there
>nope.nav
>walk away from machine and he starts going through photos
>a few weeks later corperate big wig comes in and wants to talk to the manager that was on duty on that guy
>a few more weeks later and the dude was shitcanned
>everyone wants to know what happened
>find out not only did he send photos from the phone to his work phone, he saved his phone number to her contacts and didn't delete the message thread from sending the pictures
>girl was 15 years old
>dude moved to florida

Dont
Take
Only
Look

grocery. It's shit. It used to be fun but now it's all about them getting more and more out of you for nothing in return

lol

RSC aka sales rep. Easy 12 an hour walking in the door without a GED or prior sales experience. You can get 15 or higher with a sales background.

Sounds like shit. Nothing is ever worse than front end though, because all of the retards end up there.

oh shit. I guess he should've been certain of her age. I guess he shouldn't have used his work phone. Definitely should've deleted the "sent" messages

yep that's where all the hot girls work (at my store) and where the worst workers end up. Usually that's the last place you go before they kick you out the door

I worked at Kroger in high school also. The produce department. Mad snacks yo.

It's not bad at all honestly unions are bullshit and hopefully they will be outlawed soon enough. They are nothing but gangsters with fake smiles and only willing to help you for a cut of the check. Its not like they would do anything out of the kindness of their glassy dark hearts. In fact unions killed Detroit and ALL american's suffer from a lack of work as there is no UNION bullshit abroad at least not where factories will choose to set up shop. I hope we can fix this mess and put an import so high on these goods company will have no choice but to use American work... FUCK you FORD BTW for not keeping the small cars here in the states.

Ya.... dude fucked up all around. We now use different apps to transfer info until we get our transfer machine back from the investigation. Most stores dont want to deal with the hassle of transfering your shit because time is money.

That is great is there like a test I need to take when filling out a application. I remember long time ago I had to do one for Verizon online and they made you do a 1 hour test which put you in situations and if you didn't pass it you wouldn't be acknowledge.

tbqh famalams, Kroger is actually a pretty high quality grocery chain. I moved from the mid west to the north east where it is pretty much only Shoprite and Stop&Shop, and they are definitely inferior in terms of store quality.

You know, I dont remember. You have to do a visual skype or facetime with the area hiring staff who then sets up an appointment for a sit down interview at the store you are applying for. Most managers want you to be money driven and ask more questions. "What would make me the most commision? What does this store need focus on so I can help? I CAN DO THAT." Sell yourself before you sell the product. Oh, even if a product is garbage, it is the best thing on earth since you are selling it. You gotta be genuine about it though. Its hard sometimes.

where in the midwest if you don't mind me asking?

Only been working there for about a year but it's been alright.

Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati, OH.

What do you hate? What do you enjoy?

Mmmmmmffff all the white sluts in yoga pants

Awesome thanks for the tips I think it would be also hard for me to sell shit and try to sell it as gold.

ooh sounds like you're close enough to Cincy or Louisville that they'll use those stores as examples. Why can't your [little piddly] store put up numbers like Cincy?

Well....maybe it's because my town has a population that's less than 10% of them!

I hate how every employee has to learn things like "what's a top performer" "what does empowerment mean" and get quizzed on it by any other employee. A lot of our customers are incredibly stuck up too, but it's food service so it's not like that's new. I love my coworkers, everyone is early to mid 20s and it's overall a chill store. Also we get free meals.

Bro it's great

ALSO, make sure you test the product or use it yourself before selling it. Nothing is worse than looking like a clueless asshole in front of a customer. Word travels fast and people are petty. Never say "I don't know," say, "let me find out that information." We have a tool called MYCSP which is a news/encyclepedia application on everything AT&T. If you can't find the info, you are retarded.

Chipotle is my favorite fast food chain, and every store I've been to has had a friendly staff except the ones in NYC. What region is your store in?

I think Kentucky has around 3 million people in it. I moved near NYC which has 8.5 million people, and shit is entirely too crowded.

I'm in Southern California. I work at a pretty well respected store, but we still manage to get stupid complaints like "I didn't get the exact amount of cheese I wanted" or "there was too many people near the grill if I get sick I'm sueing." A lot of stores have awesome people because chipotle looks for these 13 characteristics that every employee has to have, that's why every shirt and hat has a 13 on it.

Here is anothee tip. People dont want to be "sold" on things. They want choices. Give them a choice between a minimum of two products with only the benefits of each. If you are trying to hit a sales goal of somekind, only talk about the negatives of the product that wont help you hit goal faster. Do this by comparing.

"With directv NOW, you can stream hundreds of live television channels wherever you go. You can have up to two people streaming at the same time. With Directv though, you will be able to have up to 8 people streaming similtaneoisly so everyone gets to watch what they want, when they want."

Didnt talk shit about directv now. Just pointed out you can have more people streaming with the main service.

That great I have AT&T but don't know much about phones or services. I just have an Iphone 6 plus unlocked with prepaid with att that cost $60 a month.

You are telling me that there are people in Southern Cali would rather eat Chipotle than the huge amount of completely authentic Mexican food available there? I am genuinely surpised.

They will teach you and pay you to learn. Play around with the phones in store and get a general idea of what the stock applications are and how they function. We are not tech support but if you learn how to fix small problems for the customer, they will come and see you for sales. A big issue is APN settings for phines not originally intended or used on AT&T's network. Read up on how to change it for IOS and Android. You will become a hero and sell way more fucking phones and services.

UnlockitDOTcom for IOS

Use google for android.

I am just as much as you are, but a lot of Californians really worry about what they eat. They ask questions about if things have GMO, if it's vegetarian, what it's made with. A lot of it is just obvious questions but they wanna be completely sure. I personally would rather go to some authentic hole in the wall but every night we have a line to the back of the store.

you think a lot of tourists may be leery of authentic mexican places? I mean it should be pretty obvious which ones are good/legit. I mean who doesn't have fucking google in 2016 LOL. Chipolte is well-known to them and the ingredients/facts are readily available as you suggested

never heard of these. Do tell

> Part time
> £5.50/h
> Don't know wtf to do with my life

good luck

Mining company. Mining calcium at my location. I run the scale house 12-14 hours a day 5-6 days a week.
$15.OO per hr plus overtime.

Thanks man I need it

Morning merch and dead inside

There are so many great authentic Mexican places that I go to that barely ever has anyone in it. They're just as safe as chipotle and in my opinion better. Kinda sucks how a lot of people don't try the more authentic stuff.

I make piston rings.

Been doing it since I was 18 ... Almost 29 now.

28 bucks an hour ... Tons of overtime

Shits all right

>it's all about them getting more and more out of you for nothing in return
I know that feel. Back when I used to work frozen there was always some "big emergency" in the department that required intense efforts for much of my shifts. When I put my 2 weeks in, my DH actually asked me to put it off.

wow i could have sworn Sup Forums was full of lawyers, doctors and scientist's.