HORRORKINO SESSION 9 IS FINALLY GETTING A BLURAY RELEASE FROM SCREAM FACTORY!!

Session 9 Blu-ray Detailed
Posted June 30, 2016 05:47 PM by Webmaster

>Scream Factory has detailed its upcoming Blu-ray release of director Brad Anderson's chiller Session 9 (2001), starring David Caruso, Peter Mullan, Paul Guilfoyle, Josh Lucas, and Stephen Gevedon. The release will be available for purchase on August 16.

>Synopsis: Grand, imposing... abandoned and deteriorating, the Danvers State Mental Hospital, closed down for 15 years is about to receive 5 new visitors. Donning protective gear, the men of the Hazmat Elimination Co. venture into the eerily vast and vacant asylum that is filled with an evil and mysterious past. Rampant patient abuse, medieval medical procedure and rumors of demonic possession are some of the many dark secrets the hospital holds - but then so do each of the men.

Special Features:

>NEW Return To Danvers: The Secrets Of SESSION 9 Featuring Interviews With Director/Co-writer Brad Anderson, Actor/Co-writer Stephen Gevedon, Actors Josh Lucas, Brendan Sexton III, Larry Fessenden, Composers The Climax Golden Twins And Director Of Photography Uta Briesewitz
>NEW Horror's Hallowed Grounds – Revisiting The Locations of The Film
>Audio Commentary With Brad Anderson And Stephen Gevedon
>Deleted Scenes And Alternate Ending With Optional Commentary By Director Brad Anderson
>Story To Screen Featurette
>The Haunted Palace Featurette
>Theatrical Trailer

blu-ray.com/news/?id=19342

Will you be watching this horrorkino again now that it is coming to Bluray?

If you haven't seen this yet, it is a must-see kino for horror fans, so make sure to download the Bluray when it comes out!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bEtUaQVjMkc
youtube.com/watch?v=xTzgXVosQOU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Session 9 was terrible.

It's an alright movie. Can't imagine getting all that excited over it. Is this really something you need to see in blu ray?

This is how I know you are stupid. Session 9 is a litmus test for stupid people. Only smart people see the greatness of it while dumb people call it "a bad movie" because there were so few "jump scarez"

> shilling a mediocre movie

I agree.
This was not a great movie OP.

>Is this really something you need to see in blu ray?

All good movies should be on Bluray.

exactly the reason why this one doesn't need to be

>Session 9 is a litmus test for stupid people.

So is Lake Mungo.

Whenever I see people calling these movies "boring" I instantly know they are retarded.

They are the same people who think movies like Hostel and the Evil Dead remake are great because muh gore

I bet you all have terrible taste in film and expect jump scares. If you posted a top 5 horror films they would all be pleb tier.

Am not one of them, but you sir should not feel so overtly offended just because someone does not agree with your taste. I have seen the film and thought it was lacking in many ways, good in others. I personally appreciated the lack of jumpscares but have to say that just because the pacing and acting are different, they are not the things that saved the movie for me.
It's great that the fans get to buy this on bluray though.

wwwwwww the product placement and stock sound effects were so shit in this flick

I went to school around there. Kicking myself I never snuck up there before they tore it down / remodeled it for condos. Even just for taking photos. I know it was pretty common that kids would sneak up there and drink or just joke around.

A friend of the family worked driving an ambulance up there.

Meanwhile a teacher who was also somewhat a friend of the family had her grandmother and uncle committed there. I remember my parents telling me about it. A few years later, he son murdered her. He was very ill and hearing voices, but she had tried to manage it with him at home. Plus by then the asylum was long closed. It shocked the community. A sad scary story.

That is true horror there. More scary than anything in this film or others I have seen.

>revisiting the locations of the film

When were the buildings demolished and the condos built?

To me, this was a bit of an uneven indie horror film. Yet because of the local filming location and always wanting to go there myself, this movie is amazing to me.

Also, if anyone is interested in old abandoned buildings and the history of mental illness, this would be recommended.

The iconic main office building was cleaned out and remains. The other living quarters in back were completely torn down. Then they built new ones. I think there was even a fire when they were rebuilding new ones.

>sir

massive pleb detected

Oh and this was a few years after the filming.

Even the building outside looking the same, they still gutted the main building.

Fair enough

>those stock sound effects

I kek evrytime

Its a historic place so makes sense.

I for one, am excited, and I will purchase this blu-ray. Saw it on dvd on release and absolutely loved it (usually the haters don't like the slow burning films).

I've had versions saved on my dvr for about 2 years now, as it was actually in HD, and the dvd is not. It will be nice to finally delete it from my dvr.

Watch it at least once a year.

You fucking nailed it. Lake Mungo is amazing. Even got my wife to watch it and she loved it (usually hates the horror).

I need a good supernatural horror movie to watch RIGHT NOW

I have already seen almost everything

pls help

The Believers (1987)

youtube.com/watch?v=bEtUaQVjMkc

youtube.com/watch?v=xTzgXVosQOU

>David Caruso
Is he doing his usual Adam West style acting there?

The Borderlands

me too, user. i've done that with a couple of movies. made me smile.

yes

Can anyone recommend a good horror movie that's on Netflix?

The Manitou

Housebound