So instead of remaking so many classic beloved films...

So instead of remaking so many classic beloved films, what's preventing them from instead just re-releasing them in theaters instead?
Wouldn't not having to pay to produce an entirely new film and pay the wages of an entire film crew + actor wages, and just putting the old film back into theaters for a limited run make more sense? What actually prevents them from doing this? Phantom Menace is literally the only movie I can think of that they did this for. Phantom Menace isn't even a beloved film, what gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=114&v=d63ouWy89K8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nobody wants to watch that old ass garbage, fucking kill yourself OP.

You answered your own fucking question you stupid piece of shit, Hollywood is in the business of making money. That means employing people as well, people need to work and feed their kids. You fucking stupid little bitch

I would honestly go see Ghostbusters rereleased, if it was announced that Sony is trashing the new one and using the old one to try and make the money back.

There's 100s of films that I really like and would happily watch over and over again but there's only like 3 I'd actually pay to watch at the cinema instead of at home

Do you think there exists one person throughout the 7 billion on this planet that would actually want to have sex with Leslie or McCarthy?

>what's preventing them from instead just re-releasing them in theaters instead?

Nothing.
Here in Sweden classics are shown sometimes.

Just watched Top Gun like a week ago or something.

They do do this bro. Lion King and Jurassic park both had 3D re-releases in theatres, and so has bttf and star wars and dozens others.

Maybe I'm biased against fat people but everything about McCarthy pisses me off so hard.

She's good in the Spy movie. Believe me

>tfw local hipster theater plays movies like The Thing

who pissed in your fucking cereal?

The original Ghostbusters movie did have a limited theatrical re-release in 2014 for the 30th anniversary. There have also been some limited runs of it this year to hype the new piece of shit coming out in a few weeks.

She's just a female Kevin James, but people feel the need to attack/defend her more because she's female.

It's like if Kevin Fucking James became a symbol for an obnoxious culture war that people won't shut up about.

She's better than Kevin James by a lot.

No.

Kevin James is a poor man's hobo.

>paying actually currency to go watch jew-movies of 2016
what the fuck are people even watching nowadays? there's only capeshit and similar shit.
Only time I actually go to see a movie is in a local arthouse and then only if it's a movie I really really like (e.g. Breakfast Club, Big Lebowski) or a movie I've wanted to see for a really long time but haven't had time to (e.g. happened with Seven Samurai)

But actually paying to see new movies? Lol fuck that.

Especially when China provides dvd quality rips within literal days of release.
Thanks China.

Local theater of mine will sometimes play classic movies for cheap. shit's dope

I've seen Ghostbusters rereleased. They did a fairly wide re-release for the recent 30th anniversary. I also saw it over at Fenway Park for a Halloween showing.

Hell, one of them by me had a Jodowarsky's Santa Sangre.

also thank China for movies being so shitty since they eat up garbage schlock movies and studios know this and pander to them since it's such a huge market.

>He wont admit he doesnt like ghostbusters because it's an all female cast not knowing that they deserve the credit and money for doing something good.

I've got a psychologist-administered IQ of 143, done at a Harvard-affiliated teaching hospital in 2003.

I'm a hardcore redditor and absolutely believe everything about gender paygap, the feminist prophecies, etc.

As a solution, it just connects too many fucking dots and fits the problems facing western society far to perfectly to be a coincidence.

The fact that the people who are profiting the most from the public believing otherwise are the ones fighting tooth and nail to prevent such feminist-tier observations from seeing the light of day pretty much seals the deal for me.

It's Occam's razor, and gender pay correlations explain lingering socioeconomic disparities far, far more elegantly than the constantly-changing and self-contradictory narratives of "it's opportunity, wait! no! it's nurture in early childhood, wait! no! it's internalized oppression, wait! no! it's female privilege and intersectionality!".

It's like watching Galileo positing heliocentrism while the church keeps stammering about the latest details that they've added to the Greek model to bring it in line with contradictory data from the latest round of observations.

I wish they did this more often

When JP was re-released in 2013 I saw it 4 times.

When Titanic was re-released in 2012 I saw it 3 times

I'd love to see older films back in theaters, but honestly only films from the 90s and up, which could benefit from Dolby/DTS sound in theaters.

It's a comedy where she's the least funny person by far

Yes. Because older films wouldn't look good on a big screen.

They already rereleased Ghostbusters you dumbass fucking retards.
>The film was again re-released on June 8 and 12, 2016, to generate publicity for the 2016 remake of the film. It was shown in over 800 theatres and included footage from the remake.[38]

Dont get me wrong, they would, but logically DTS era films would benefit from both picture AND sound, while pre-90s classics would benefit from picture only

They tried to make fun of people angry about the reboot, but this video is funnier than every trailer released so far.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=114&v=d63ouWy89K8

I'll thank china for the inclusion of that qt chinese pilot in the new independence day instead. :3