Whats the verdict

whats the verdict

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1467349737973.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=c9PCxz3KyFc
books.google.com/books?id=SsolrTciALUC&pg=PA237&lpg=PA237&dq=hermetic triangle womb&source=bl&ots=gZrd0Fj_Px&sig=lrdMXWYxZZcv8KHDmDYqHz5OVo4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjwkZHhx9bNAhVFyoMKHVmmBKQQ6AEIUDAP#v=onepage&q=hermetic triangle womb&f=false
soundcloud.com/milanrecords/03-the-demon-dance-julian-winding-the-neon-demon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wish she was my girlfriend

this
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1467349737973.webm

The Neon Demon is seductively stylish, but Nicolas Winding Refn's assured eye can't quite compensate for an underdeveloped plot and thinly written characters.

>elle and jena sharing a look and smiling

HNNNNNNNGH

now i need one of those dogs that can smell seizures

i've seen it twice and I want to see it again. Elle Fanning is a bit annoying with her innocence but Abbey Lee is fantastic and the cinematography is so aesthetically pleasing.

Also the soundtrack is great.

Characters are a bit bland, but if you get the underlying theme is makes up for it.

i thought that was the new crystal castles singer for a second aka alice glass 1.5

on another note, the foreshadowing in the beginning of the movie is amazing.

"Are you sex or are you food?"
Jesse being covered in blood at the beginning
The art guy holding the scissors.

Fantastic

REFN HAS DONE IT AGAIN.

Abbey Lee is so hot god damn.

youtube.com/watch?v=c9PCxz3KyFc

this webm gave me epilepsy

>For Liv

>comparing a children's movie to a movie with with necrophilia and adult themes.

It was absolutely beautiful.

>assured eye
>thinly written characters.

nice

>never seen any of the pusher films

I wasn't comparing them, I just had seen both.
>who are you quoting

K I N O
I
N
O

Is this on torrent websites yet?

>promoting your shitty review on Sup Forums.

I know :/ they don't have it anywhere I can get it besides putlocker or torrenting, so I've put it off. I'm in the David Lynch camp of feeling I don't get the full experience if it's not on a big ass screen with speakers

I don't know, why don't you check?

>what you gonna do faggot

im gunna... DISLIKE your video. Thats right bitch. I have all the power now.

Not on PtP yet

Considering how bad its doing you should see a webdl in 2 weeks

certified kino.

I saw it four times and only one of the viewings there was one other person in the theater which I assumed was a Sup Forums poster.

I loved it, now it's gone from my local theater which pissed me the fuck off but I'll be a proud owner of the blu ray in Sept.

not sure if it's better than Drive, but this film haunts my mind. and for that, I love it. it's so depraved yet visually captivating it just works, plus the score. holy shit, Cliff Martinez really outdid himself on this one.

-hands not on belt-
-not actually wearing a belt-

A U T I S T I C
U
T
I
S
T
I
C

Im in the same boat. It's haunting my mind, I wanna see it again.

and I've been listening to the soundtrack on repeat since it came out.

look at my other videos (not shilling, just pause and look at the dislike bar) and then ask yourself

DO YOU FEEL IN CHARGE

all 81 likes are hard to compete with.

I meant 81 Views

Truly the finest kino of the year, along with the witch.

the point you dip is that your anger fuels me.
everyone of my videos has a shit ton of dislikes

depends

if you're an autistic edgy pleb, you're bound to like it

if you're actually cultured and understand the complexities of the medium, you'll agree with the new york times in that its shit

The only theater showing this in my area is 40 minutes away from me, is it worth driving 40 minutes there and back to watch it alone? I'm a big Refn fan (4u)

Yes, it definitely is. I drove 40 min too m8

well i missed the point because i didn't go back to see how many dislikes your shit-tier review had.

SO, you can go ahead and lick the underside of my scrotum

Should I watch anons review? It sounds hilarious but I'm not sure I could handle the cringe

what did the triangles represent

don't give him the views

how do i get a gfs that wears her hair like that at all times

a white one btw

I drove 30ish, it was absolutely worth it
My favourite film of his

I thought it was like some kind of inverted holy trinity

The one lady did say "I'm a ghost" at one point, too, and the movie has "demon" in its title. That plus the religious symbolism from Only God Forgives made me think it's something like that

i interpreted it in a similar way. i kept thinking that she kept getting promoted/good things happened to her because of some act of god. no one is THAT good.
I assumed the triangle was her god

Everyone talking about how the characters are bland and underdeveloped really missed reading between the lines.

Jesse is really great if you read into the theme that she represents the moon. It's not too in your face but evident enough.

The mountain lion was also great insight/foreshadowing into Hank's plan to rape/murder Jesse. Again, not too obvious, not confirmed when you learn that he was able to break into the Lolita girl's room on a night she was in. That whole part of the money also delved into Jesse's possible psychic abilities.

The theory about Ruby being an aging witch that feasts off of young girls blood also seems more and more true as I read into it.

Nothing is too in your face, but that doesn't mean there's no substance to the characters.

She looks like a discount Jamie Presley

It was great. I didn't have a problem with the acting or the script, I'm surprised people took issue with it. Same with the 'no plot'. Not only was this film more plotful than tons of films out there, it wasn't even Refn's least plot-oriented movie. I thought it did a very good job of capturing that "nightcore" feel; comfy yet brooding. It really stuck with me and did well at getting across the idea of evil, similar to how Suspiria made me feel. Obviously the visuals were amazing, as was the soundtrack, but everything from the symbolism scene-to-scene to the overall critique yet glamorization of shallow lifestyle, really worked for me. It was a fun movie, a disturbing movie, and it was fresh. The loss of virginal beauty isn't a new concept, but The Neon Demon looked at it through Refn's unique perspective, and added the element of personal as well as industrial standards of beauty and the "death" that comes with it

You don't watch Refn's movies for the plot nerd

Not even close without the glasses

Good grief, how many people probably had seizures at the movie theater when this scene aired?

I agree wholeheartedly with you.

I don't think the characters were bland at all. They all had great levels of depth that added to the story in their own way.

>Bionic woman with wanting to be beautiful but at the end of the day NEVER being able to achieve that

>Ruby facading as a good friend but in the end only looking out for herself

> the other model girl being beautiful from the start and being the only one who is able to absorb the "perfectness"

they all have depth and i'm a lil too drunk to put it out in full detail. but ye

pure kino

i've never watched a Refn film, where do i start?

in order of release

you can start at the beginning with the Pusher trilogy, but there's a noticeable shift in his style at Bronson, so it's feasible just to start there and watch his most recent 5, though his first 5 are also quite worthwhile

basically what i'm saying is watch chronologically but it's okay if you start with Bronson

refn did it again. haters and plebs BTFO

dont

Drive is his most accessible. His latest two plus Valhalla Rising are his most "Refn". Either go chronologically (which is what you should do with any director because seeing their progression is very rewarding), or start with Drive, then pick a less accessible one, and based on your preference, go from there

>it's so depraved yet visually captivating it just works, plus the score. holy shit, Cliff Martinez really outdid himself on this one.
literally this, absolutely amazingf.

pleb

just go to the theatre you poor fucking faggot. Do you really think you will have the same experience watching the movie on your laptop filmed off a phone, rather than going to see it on a huge fucking screen? You are a fucking abortion

I generally agree with that sentiment, but the pusher movies are not as stylized as his other films. Even watching it on a laptop wouldn't really take anything away from those movies. Neon demon on the other hand is one that needs to be seen at the cinemas

is this movie for da download

no it's for da downs

This really comes off as random bullshit to me, which takes me out of the experience. If I just dont get it then fine, I like Only God Forgives but if thats the impression the movie leaves on me then I consider it bad. Music and tone of it is incredible though.

Wait until you see jesse's transformation scene

give me the views

Refn outdid himself.

I have seen the movie and really disliked that part.

One of the worst films I've ever seen in my life.

No substance, all style, no story. It wallows in it's own depravity. It deserves to be remembered among films like Salo and Cannibal Holocaust.

What is that weird lens they use for?

All of these characters are extremely shallow and cliche.

Also, according to Jena Malone, Ruby was a "300 year old witch" who killed women to absorb their youth

yee I know. I see they are on putlocker, so I'll probably watch them sometime soon enough.
I'd get the blu ray 3pack but baka it's europoors only. I know most everyone who's seen thinks the pusher trilogy is GOAT, but what about Bleeder? Nobody ever says anything about that besides "hurr based Mads"

This movie is so bad it will end more than a few careers. When I saw it in the theater there were five people in the audience, myself included. By the end of the film there were only 3 people left in the theater.

That is the Canon t8i qt scoper if I'm not mistaken. Perfect for scoping out cuties from a short distance.

>No substance, all style
But style is substance.

No it's not, pleb

Haha, you were on here saying the same thing yesterday, you autist.

Oh no! Depravity! Style over substance!!

Best film of the year. They really didn't even need dialogue but it did help make the movie feel more dead and sad.

It's an experience to watch in theaters. Last minutes are a bit much. Refn was definitely trolling people with the last scene.

Autism triggered.

The single worst reviewed and received movie of the year. People really hate it.

Won't be the fuckin same at home.

No way my inferior white boiclitty television can compete with superior black dick theatre screens and sound system.

People generally liked it, it's just not a lot of people have seen it yet.

Sure, some squares, autists, and feminists were put off, but that's to its credit.

books.google.com/books?id=SsolrTciALUC&pg=PA237&lpg=PA237&dq=hermetic triangle womb&source=bl&ots=gZrd0Fj_Px&sig=lrdMXWYxZZcv8KHDmDYqHz5OVo4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjwkZHhx9bNAhVFyoMKHVmmBKQQ6AEIUDAP#v=onepage&q=hermetic triangle womb&f=false

>People generally liked it,

No they didn't. Reviews are terrible, user reviews are terrible, only a handful of fucktard autists are defending it.

This film is a critical and financial disaster that will end careers.

This movie is not "crazy" or "dark". Every "surreal" moment is predictable and cliché. Watch Un Chien Andalou and then go to Burning Man festival and you'll have all the inspiration you will need for a sequel. Claire Denis' Trouble Every Day makes use of the same clichés but the difference is that NWR thinks he is the first one to think of them.

This. It's a false dichotomy. One cannot be without the other

This movie is not a "critique". This doesn't reveal the truth of anything except a made- up idea of the fashion world. Who told NWR that modeling make-up always involves putting a bunch of junk on the girls faces? Who told him that the center of the modeling world is LA and not New York? That Elle Fanning, who is short and pudgy, is somehow meant to be believable as a more desirable model than Abbey Lee Kershaw? If she is so good why does the camera cut away every time she is meant to strike a pose or walk a catwalk? Abbey Lee says at one point that by the time you are 20 your past your expiry date. She is 29 and had a major Calvin Klein campaign earlier this year.

soundcloud.com/milanrecords/03-the-demon-dance-julian-winding-the-neon-demon

This movie is visually very weak. Don't get me wrong, I understand this aesthetic. But that is because it is totally played out. I heard NWR say that he got the idea for Only God Forgives from the mental image of a clenched fist. I would say for this one he got the idea from old Maybelline commercials, the 2006 Daft Punk alive tour and some old Mert & Marcus editorials. It looks cheap, dated and badly executed. The soundtrack is the same. It worked for Drive because that electro revival of Moroder in 2001 is the perfect driving music, but now it just feels tacky. Save your money and just walk into any Sephora store.

who's this semen demon

Yeah but it has the meme visuals that tumblr teens can spam on their pages in gif/cinegrid form

Recommendations?

The story sucks (because NWR "wrote" it, unlike Drive). The story is basically Black Swan. Think pseudo-lesbian jealousy corrupting a young hopeful in a competitive industry. But then add a few dozen plot holes. This girl is the modeling worlds' new It Girl and yet she can't afford a motel that isn't rape-infested? Or ever go to a hospital?

[spoler]You can successfully bury a girl in a six inch grave in a perfectly manicured garden in a house that isn't yours?[/spoiler]

And why are there only about 6 people in the whole movie? Parties, nightclub toilets, restaurants photo shoots and the backstage of runway shows usually have dozens of people around, not three. Especially not the same three every time.

This is a joke right? What's wrong with the film existing in a "made up idea of the fashion world"?

You say the movie is not a critique. Guess what? SO DOES REFN. It's not doing so much to expose anything as it is glamorizing it.

>That Elle Fanning, who is short and pudgy

WEW
E
W

The acting in this film is terrible.

I'm sure most fans will think that dislike for this film comes from its dark, confronting, disturbing portrayal of our superficial society. It doesn't. It comes from wanting to watch something other than a pretentious idiot jerk himself off for 2 hours to a 2001 copy of Vogue magazine.

What the fuck? You're disliking an allegorical fiction movie because it's not realistic? The small cast was an effect. It creates a sense of claustrophobia. And NOTHING past the death scene is very real. The grave is what you pick out? It's a horror movie. Called the Neon Demon. Is this bait, or are you retarded?