Independence Day: Resurgence

What does Sup Forums think about this film?

>Shit pacing
>Destroys mystery of aliens
>Boring characters

>Fun CGI battles
>Awesome fight scenes
>Asian qt3.14

Took my gf, out of my whole life of movies I've gone and seen this is the first one I actually thought about walking out of. It was sci fi channel shit. Felt rushed to death, no depth, no real story horrible cgi..

I expected big dumb action with lots of insane destruction, and that's exactly what I got.
i started cracking up when i saw that goofy portrait of Will Smith in the white house.

Pretty much a nostalgia cash-in as expected. I found myself rooting for the alien queen at the end. Wouldn't watch outside of theaters.

It was still kind of fun, though.

My biggest laughs were Pullman's crazy old geezer voice and Will Smith's stepson doing his Darth Vader impression when that building collapses on his mom.

Just saw it this afternoon. I thought it was pretty much what I expected out of an Independence Day sequel. I liked the first for its comically patriotic style and how all the pieces were lined up just right to be ridiculous in a charming way. It doesn't get much better than Will Smith punching an alien and saying "Welcome to Earth!" or the president ditching his suit for a flight suit and leading an assault on an alien mothership. The fact that it was the guy who played Lone Star just made it even better.

Now, this movie didn't have the same charm that the original did but it was still relatively entertaining. I didn't like that they dialed back the America Is The Best "Oorah" focus, but understand that they wanted to pull in the Chinese market better. All in all, it was a passable sequel to a movie that was loved not for its intellectuality but rather its exaggerated (and hilarious) action movie tropes.

Saw it tonight. I liked it, but it felt way longer than it actually was for some reason. The action and destruction were great, hundreds of fighters battling on screen will never not be the shit, and I loved that the aliens got more screen time since I genuinely love their design, but the pacing and tone were all over the place. Lots of cheesy humor that doesn't land at all and a number of scenes made me feel like I was watching a sequel to Mars Attacks rather than Independence Day, which even though I love both they're totally different and it didn't work for me here. I enjoyed it though and I was glad it had so many of the original actors back. The ending was really anti-climactic though and the deus ex machina with the robot sphere sent by different aliens trying to help was weird and out of place. Also, how did the huge ship leave after the queen died and how come no one in the movie was confused being that the whole point was that without the hive mind they can't function?

I was entertained. The acting was absolute shit. CG was questionable in several scenes. Dogfights were pretty cool.

I also had a voucher for a free ticket so I didn't pay to see it so that may also have something to do with how much I enjoyed it.

Way too many cliches, particularly the "woe is me my [insert family member] died to generate cheap pathos" one. The coming out the coma scence also bothered me; it seemed awkward.

I wanted the Chinamen to leave.

The first hour or so seemed very choppy, but after that the returning characters somewhat held the movie together. I rewatched the original after, and it made me realize how old Goldblum got. He used to be so qt.

There was alot going on which i can see alot of people hating , I'm easy to please so I myself enjoyed it especially more screen time for the xenos.

I really appreciated seeing the aliens doing some ground fighting, always wanted that in the first one. But I didn't care for the new look of the alien ships. They were awesome in the original, they just looked overdesigned in this one.

The ships seemed to insanely over sized.

The first one had ships that were the size of a city, insane but perfectly possible. This one has ships that look like toys placed on top of a flat image of the Earth.

So they clearly seemed to leave it open for another film there any plans to actually go through with it yet ? Also would Sup Forums go to see it ?

I haven't seen it yet, does it explain at all why they are attacking? Motives? Does it show the actual aliens?

Yeah, a third one is confirmed, and I'll definitely go see it. Should be fun to see the aliens on the receiving end of a world ending invasion this time

Yes , yes and yes,

The first one already showed the aliens, but yes this one shows them a lot more. And yes they and their motives are indeed explained.

This time I want the humans to invade their planet and slaughter every last alien woman and child. The edgier thr better. Maybe Jeff Goldboom can build a gas chamber to genocide all the aliens.

There definitely wasn't any sort of logic to how the massive ship had its own gravity yet only had an effect for a few minutes until it landed. The gravity beneath and around it would have "realistically" remained fucked up the whole time.

>>Asian qt3.14

Not even close. She actually helps to ruin the movie. She can't act for shit and you can barely understand what she's saying.

She's beautiful though.

That would make an interesting movie I have always thought. A movie about humans invading and taking over an alien planet. The movie would take place from the Aliens point of view. (Avatar dosent count)
What are some movies where humans are the bad guys, I can only think of Avatar and District 9

This

>District 9
>humans are the bad guy
I would genuinely argue that the aliens in that were actually hostile and Earth just got lucky that they showed up without a queen or leader controlling their hivemind. Their weapons were nasty business and they're aggressive carnivores.