Anyone here make their own alcohol?

Anyone here make their own alcohol?
I make mead and my batch finished like 3 days ago and I have to let it age but It's an apple cyser mead and it smells great.

Other urls found in this thread:

potbelly-brewery.co.uk/site_v2/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah edworts apfelwein was my firsty

im gonna make an imperial russian stout when i finally get off my ass but im being quite lazy lately... i dont know

Looks like piss, throw it away.

That's actually pretty cool, how much do you plan on making? I plan on making my next batch here soon but I don't know if I want to try the same recipe or just do a completely different one.

>pic is of my apple cyser 1 month into the fermenting process.

It's mead dude. If you put beer in a glass bottle it would look the same.

homebrewfag here

How long have you been brewing and what do you specialize in?

belgian witbier

almost a year
buddy and i can brew a motherfucken kolsch

belgian witbier in the glass

I don't have one of those straps, is it actually useful? Also what's the percentage?

probably like 7gal...
sorry im like, watching the simpsons...

kolsch and irish red

straps are about $15 and well worth it.

abv on this witbier was 4.8%

english brown ale
5.25% abv

>mead
Seriously, fucking kill yourself.

I actually had to look that up, that's pretty cool. Most people I know that brew their own beer are from the Midwest or South. Where are you from?

houston TX
my buddy was a brewer in colorado springs

our brew equipment

Awesome, I think i might get one then. My mead is setting at about 10% but mead has a tendency to be higher in alcohol which I like.

You don't like mead?

close enough

Who here makes moonshine? I wish to make some.

Where do you let it ferment?

Meads awesome, why the hate?

i just kegged a mead. no pics yet
15 lbs of honey from costco
6 gallons of filtered water
champagne yeast
2 weeks fermenting
added 4lbs of mixed berries
2 weeks of fermenting
xfer to carboy
let it set for 4 weeks
xfer to keg
ABV = 14.5%
starts out fruity, ends tasting like water. next one i'll double or triple the fruit

have 2 chest freezers with temp control

another freezer turned into a keezer for serving

>14.5%
Damn nigga how did you get it that high? Also how many times do you rack your mead to make sure there is no more dead yeast cells on the bottom? That's my biggest pain in the ass when I make mead.

I do enjoy a bit of zymurgy, but my least favorite part is bottling. Are there any kegs that aren't terrible for homebrew and ain't hideously expensive? (And that can stand up to secondary fermentation?)

time. you have to let it do its thing
ferment
xfer to carboy for clarification
xfer to keg

Damn you really go all out for your alcohol don't you? I've never made beer though so how much do you spend on ingredients?

waited for sales at home depot. :p

If any of the yeast cells get into the bottled product will that ruin the mead/beer?

i keg. so i don't know

>femanon confirmed
Tits and timestamp, I shouldn't have to tell you

>I shouldn't have to tell you

You don't have an argument do you? Also i'm male, how exactly is mead feminine?

You're a moron

Feels bad man

hmmm

mine looks like white zinfandel

what type of yeast are you using?

For real, who here makes moonshine? I know someone here has to know.

also, how do you xfer? siphon or pour? you need a siphon

It's just an apple cyser mead so just cider yeast.

this is what i used

I use one of those weird pump tube things. I forgot what it's called but it makes cleanup a lot easier and it doesn't oxidize the mead when i transfer it.

don't speak

ok. that's a siphon.

you might need to let it sit longer before xfer

I own a 10 barrel commercial microbrewery, I make beer for a living. Good times.

I see a lot of people use this type of yeast, It seems to be a safe overall yeast that most beers/wines/meads can use.

and try to keep from shaking the bucket when you move it

>how exactly is mead feminine?
It's bitch beer, faggot

See above, faggot

>the proof affirmative action is a bad idea

That pic was taken a while ago, it's done now and bottled.

i like it because of the wide temp range

IPAs: threat, menace, or just pure unadulterated evil brought on by potheads?

>he doesn't like bitch beer

gay

>It's bitch beer, faggot

Has a stronger alcohol content, made by vikings, and has a stronger taste then beer.

>You're clearly a child.

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE FEELING

>commercial microbrewery

can you say "oxymoron"?

fair enough, do you store it in your house? I honestly just keep it in my room since it's a constant temp that doesn't change.

Mead was drank by Vikings, are you saying Vikings are feminine?

chest freezer with temp control. but i like the wide range because i can ferment it and another brew at the same time...beer yeast is picky....mead, not so much

No, I produce around 1800 gallons a week, and have over 300 pubs on account, It's definitely a commercial microbrewery.

How do you make it? Do you use a kit or a bag?

>implying all beer has the same alcohol content
If you're going to call someone a child, you should probably at least have half a clue about the subject matter.
>b...b...but Vikings
Underage fag confirmed. Enjoy b& life.

>commercial microbrewery

contradiction of terms, numbnutz

crap you already told me that, my bad. You're right about the mead not being picky but from what I've been told and what i'm currently seeing mead takes more time to age. Which sucks because i'm impatient.

the recipe i followed:

it was pepper with the phrase "be patient" i followed the recipe...just didn't add enough fruit

Made beer, it's shit because sediment is unavoidable.

Made wine out of kits. Easy cheap and tastes great.

I have a moonshine still. Works great. It's kind of dangerous, a bit of a hassle, doesnt taste that great and I feel like a crack head.

Making wine out of wild riverbank grapes as we speak.

Im also a beekeeper with some extra honey so mead may be a good idea but it seems like an expensive waste of honey.

not really, a microbrewery is defined as any brewery that produces no more tha 1.8 million litres per year. That's plenty to run a commercial business, I should know, mine has been going for 11 years Have the website numbnutz. potbelly-brewery.co.uk/site_v2/index.php

carry on drinking your pisswater faggot

Fellow mead fag here had this last night, how strong is your hooch?

Are you retarded?

>If you're going to call someone a child, you should probably at least have half a clue about the subject matter.
And I'm guessing you're the subject matter expert? You know that as a general mead has more alcohol content right? Oh my bad you're just shit posting and clearly upset, you have a nice day m8.

Also nice ad hominem logic you have there
>You're a femanon
>You're underage
please leave.

homebrewfag here. no sediment in my beer. you're doing it wrong

Don't you ferment in the beer bottle?

gotcha, I'm going to start a new batch tomorrow. how much fruit would you recommend for about 5 gallons of mead?

>more alcohol equals better
Go drink some kamchatka, nigger
>you're just shit posting
Welcome to Sup Forums, faggot

Hey guys, late comer,
I make mead and beer.
You have to freeze the fruit to have ice crystal process break up the fruit to let the juice and flavor out.

no

ferment in carboy. xfer for clarification
xfer to keg. beer comes out just fine

Holy shit you're a bee keeper? Dude make mead with your own honey, that would be awesome.

I never rack more than once. Just be real careful moving then bottling to keep sediment transfer to a minimum.

my last batch i used 4lbs of fruit. mead starts out fruity, then ends watery. next batch i'll do 8-12 lbs of fruit. mixed berries. strawberry, blackberry and raspberry

My mead is setting at 10%, I spent about 40 Ameri-bucks on the 12 lb of honey.

I also make mead. I dont know how to classify the mead I've made though.

So it's uncarbinated...Sounds great

No, you can actually get live propietary yeast from budwieser, by making a growth medium for the live yeast thats still in there.
They dont filter that out, theres no point.

not carbonated. i'll pressurize keg with about 3lbs of co2 just to push it...but not carbonate it

I'm trying to figure out your logic but then I remember you're retarded and never had a point to begin with.

use a super heavy sugar to max tolerance on your distillers yeast, and then take only the alcohol out of the water with heat.
Alcohol has a lower boiling point than water so if you collect the steam on a not boiling pot of must, then condense the vapor, you have moonshine.

I wouldn't expect a teenager to understand logic. You have years to learn how to follow a conversation.

A lot of beekeepers do that. Once the honey crystallizes it's hard to sell..

I racked mine twice and I still got a small amout of sediment in the bottom of the bottles. I'm just hoping it doesn't affect the flavor too much.

you're doin pretty good bro.
good on ya

And you put it in at about 2 week of primary right?

If you've got sediment maybe it wasn't done fermenting? Gotta be patient and keep it at the right temperature. I shake the shit out of the carboy and wait till nothing is coming out of the airlock.

Then what the fuck are you doing on Sup Forums then?

yes

and there was no reason for the 2 weeks other than i was watching football and thought to myself, "hey, add some fruit and see what happens" :p

You're probably right, but if it's already bottled will it ruin the flavor?

Ive found its best to keep the racking cane an inch or two below the surface and move down with the mead as you transfer.
The best bottles I've gotten have been from the upper to middle of the carboy.
Also, when I set to rack or bottle I set the carboy up on some books or cutting boards to tilt it over to get the last of the mead out and save that for myself.

nope, dope. try again.

and norton av says that site is loaded with malware