Best city in Russia???

I'd like to visit one of these cities to improve my language skills but can't decide which one would be the better option
Can any Russiafags here give advise?

Moscow, ofc

>improve my language skills
you should visit Erevan
>it would be way cheaper
>they're all speak russian while more talkative than russians
>here is literally less armenians than in any of your cities

What's better about Moscow? Both cities are almost equal in terms of standard of living
St. Petersburg is like the cultural center of the nation and thus looks very aesthetic, while Moscow is more modern and wealthy.
Do you know which one is cleaner, more westernized, and offers more leisure activities? Are there any differences between the people?

Nah I prefer a big city where I can talk to a variety of different people and have a lot of opportunities

>capital
>1mln+
>~2700 years old
>culture and shit

St. Petersburg is more interesting for a tourist probably, but the weather is shit.

>Do you know which one is cleaner, more westernized, and offers more leisure activities?
Very hard questions, what do you mean by "westernized" for example? Just look at some pics, think what you'd rather see and go from there.

>which one is cleaner
Moscow, bcs its full of parks and forests. Eastern Moscow is indistrial zone, but wind blows from the west.
>westernized
Depends on what you mean. Modern - Moscow. Old - Petersburg.
>leisure activities
In both of the cities

Petersburg also has very shitty weather, like in London.

By westernized I mean more open towards things coming from Europe or America. Like being more liberal or interested in Euope etc

What's wrong with the weather in SPB, does it suck becaue of humidity? Is it colder than Moscow?

How is Königsberg these days? Thought about visiting my anchestor's home. Are there still some historical buildings left?

Warmer in winter, colder in summer (-5;+18),
Often rains.

There is some German architecture left but it's not in the best condition afaik

I like when it rains desu

I'm not sure if Russian is the main language in Yerevan tho

Masochist

neither in moscow

How accurate is this statistic

dunno
irl you doesn't notice difference between slavs also volga turks too
so its hard to say who is who

>russia
>city
when Sup Forums learn that "russia" doesn't even exist
it's a jewish fairy tales

This is autism.

didn't knew Kafka was jewish

Omsk)))))

St Petersburg: Built on Peter 1's request, originally to be based on Amsterdam. As such, it is a very European city in terms of architecture, and being the most westward city in Russia, it reflects on peoples mindset and attitudes (I've heard). It's like a mix of Russian and Western culture, very cultural and grand looking.

Moscow: A historically "Russian" city, that started out much earlier than St Petersburg, as a principality in Kievan Rus. Culturally it is much more "pure Russian", compared to St Petersburg. Also it is bigger, and has more modern architecture.

As for your question, it depends on what you want to see, based on this. I would choose St Petersburg, but Moscow is nice as well.

>A historically "Russian" city
Not Moscow. Too many new buildings.
But:
Vladimir
Suzdal
Ryazan'
Nigny Novgorod
Arzamas
Gorohovetc
Novgorod

Kazan
I follow a 10/10 qt on instagram from there

Kazan is fun, but it's rightful tatar clay, not sure if OP wants to see that.

>but wind blows from the west.

This is why almost all cities in Europe have the industrial (and poorer) districts in the eastern parts. Poorer because the wealthy could afford living in the western parts of the cities.

Maykop.

Just do what I did and visit both.

Kazan also seems like an interesting city. The more multicultural the better

I would recommend enjoying Russia through the pictures on your monitor.
Going here for Europeans is a waste of time and money.

нихyя

I live here. I would know better

I have the time and money, don't worry.
I want to practise my Russian & meet new people, and travelling to Russia seems like a better option than posting on online forums

I've been to Russia and for a tourist at least it's a great place to visit. I won't argue about living there.

Try Riga and/or Tallinn as well, both are ~50% Russian.

Krasnodar.

Pretty sure ethnic Balts would be angry at me if I tried to speak with them in Russian

>Riga/Tallin
>Ethnic balts

True, it's better to ask before hand. Or just speak to 40+ year olds, they're bound to know Russian better than English.

Saint-Petersburg and Sochi. Moscow is dirty shithole full of faggots.

Seems like something is starting to happen. heard they repared several buildings and they are redesigning khruschevkas in the centre according to local style of the past. But it's still full of past 70s anti-aestetics.

>multicultural
Russian Tatars took too much Russian stuff including food, costume, etc.

This.

>full of faggots
yes
>dirty
no

>full of faggots
Thats not bad for normal people

full of faggots
full of churkas
full of rednecks
full of addicts
full of whores