'Trump Slump,' a Devastating Drop in Tourism to the United States

'Trump Slump,' a Devastating Drop in Tourism to the United States

On the web, flight searches for trips heading to the U.S. out of all international locations was recently down by 17%.

A drop of that magnitude, if continued, would reduce the value of foreign travel within the U.S. by tens of billions of dollars. And the number of jobs supported by foreign tourists and their expenditures in the United States—and thus lost—would easily exceed hundreds of thousands of workers in hotels, restaurants, transportation, stores, tour operations, travel agencies, and the like.

While, earlier in the year, the Administration had boasted of saving 800 jobs in the Carrier Corporation, the drop-off in employment resulting from the travel ban would eclipse that figure ten times over.

According to the Global Business Travel Association, in only a single week following announcement of the ban against certain foreign tourists, the activity of business travel declined by nearly $185 million.

Other urls found in this thread:

frommers.com/tips/miscellaneous/the-travel-press-is-reporting-the-trump-slump-a-devastating-drop-in-tourism-to-the-united-states
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHAT THE FUCK I FUCKING HATE DONALD TRUMP NOW

FUCK DONALD TRUMP

WHAT THE FUCK I HATE HIM NOW, HE NEEDS TO BE STOPPED.

Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes

Merica don't need bo god damn foreign money. America makes its own wealth from nothing. Maga baby USA USA USA

all of those are brs that cant go because of the crisis

tourism drops during the winter months?!

it's not like people have to work during those months...

>less obnoxious tourists
Sounds wonderful desu.

At this rate Canada will end up taking over all North America in a couple of years.

FAKE NEWS

Yeah our economy is doing so well compared to America

>nobody wants to go to Europe because terrorism
>nobody wants to go to America because Trump

Which countries will end up benefiting from this?

Nice. Airplane ticket prices falling like a bag of rocks and dollar being strong. Good time to go visit.

Best part is if you visit relatives and friends you don't have to support the american tourist industry.

>former Trump voter
it's all your fault

trump-like will always exist but it is the ones who want to watch the world burn that hurt others

yeah i voted from trump from canada

But besides how is the world burning from Trump? Everyone is losing their shit over meaningless things, literally nothing bad has happened yet

Is that finn in jail always posting fake news now on Sup Forums too?

>media potrays trump as the devil himself
>tourism rates fall because of this
>somehow it's trumps fault

>fake news

Official travel industry news frommers.com/tips/miscellaneous/the-travel-press-is-reporting-the-trump-slump-a-devastating-drop-in-tourism-to-the-united-states

wtf we need to stop trump

first he bans the innocent muslims, now THIS??!!!

he's trying to demolish transgender rights!

just WHICH bathroom is my wife supposed to use then?

>amerigoyim

Someone needs to stop this KKK supremacist

We Americans shouldn't travel outside of the U.S

I was honestly planning on driving down to Baja Sur, Mexico but now I will either go to Florida or visit Yellowstone. The U.S has many beautiful places worth visiting.

Newfaggot

Well 8000 jobs lost and one million created I guess.