Would you like a Berserk TV series, made by HBO?

Would you like a Berserk TV series, made by HBO?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kCZw_6eJC1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>weebshit

yes

it wouldn't work because the main character's name is "Guts."

honestly. not every chink has the good english sense of an Araki.

mangakino*

Bump

yes
kek

Not until the manga is finished
>the manga will never be finished

Cast him

yes
nips have failed 3 separate times

Berserk and GoT seem almost identical so I guess it would work.

It's a Japanese series. It can't be weeb.

it would look stupid in live action. i'd be down for an American animated series.

>Berserk and GoT seem almost identical
are you literally retarded?

I have literally read many discussions about both and people comparing them and they seem really similar to me.

>i'd be down for an American animated series.
For what purpose?

Both have the same overwhelming cynical context.

>(((HBO)))
No. They're cheap jews and they can't adapt for shit.
Berserk with a competent German dub would be great. (German is the language of the fantasy setting)

>For what purpose?
for the purpose of having a new Berserk series that doesn't look like shit

Berserk is absolutely nothing like GoT, though. try actually reading it before you attempt comparisons next time.

oh, i guess that means a Berserk movie would work then because Killing Them Softly worked as a movie. they're both so cynical, it makes perfect sense

wait, no, that's stupid. they have absolutely nothing to do with each other in terms of plot, structure, or style.

>berserk
>german dub

Americans can't make animation on the same level as Japan. Avatar and Korra are close, but they're also really exceptional. The kind of content that Berserk has also wouldn't fly in American animation. And there wouldn't be much of an audience. In short it would be a bad idea.

>Berserk is absolutely nothing like GoT, though.
I'm sure people are constantly comparing them and bringing them up together because they are absolutely nothing alike.

Movie dub isn't that bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=kCZw_6eJC1A

>GoT fans are retarded
i'm so shocked

I'm not a fan of GoT. I read the first book over ten years ago and thought it was shit.

>Unfinished series that started off pretty well, but has only gotten increasily dumber and shittier as the series progressed

They already have Game of Thrones for that

kek

It would be better than the new anime.

i wasn't talking about you, i was talking about the people comparing GoT and Berserk

that said, if you're willing to believe they're similar because some anons in /got/ said so, then you're probably also retarded

have you read any Berserk, at any point?

I watched the anime. But since I only read the first volume of GoT and over a decade ago I can't directly compare them.

Everything I've seen suggests they're very similar. Dark fantasy with an emphasis on rape and violence.

berserk needs the action and set pieces to be top notch, and those are things HBO isn't exactly known for doing well (looking at GoT lazy fight choreography and cheap CGI).

let us face it, Berserk can only be done justice in manga form, maybe a video game. a movie/tv series/anime the budget would have to be massive to do the art and animation well.

The themes of Berserk and GoT are completely fucking different.

The fact that both of them have rape and violence in a medieval setting doesn't mean anything.

the difference is that GoT is an ensemble political drama focused on the large-scale conflict with battles/war as the backdrop, and Berserk is a character-driven drama/action series about a guy who's really fucking pissed off killing demons

the only point at which they'd be similar at all is the second half of the Golden Age arc while Griffith is manipulating his way through the politics of Midland but even then it's not the focus of the series

MY LOVE FOR YOU IS LIKE A TRUCK BERSERKER

Budget isn't really a factor in anime production.

If they didn't have all that rape and violence they'd have half the fanbase they do now, if even that.

Would I need to put my grasses on?

>If they didn't have all that rape and violence they'd have half the fanbase they do now, if even that.
okay, but how does that make them comparable in any way?

besides, that's arguable in Berserk's case. it was initially widely known for being incredibly explicit, but over time the focus of the story has shifted to the characters, who are, for the most part, well-written and well-rounded.

Ron Perlman

They're both dark fantasy that emphasize rape and violence, and their fanbases are heavily invested in those elements. And they keep comparing the two.

right. but there's literally no other similarities. it's like saying Green Room and Cannibal Holocaust are essentially the same because they both feature explicit violence.

Fanbases being retarded doesn't mean much desu famalam

There's enough similarities.

(you)

Yes I'm sure it was just coincidence that people started comparing Got with Berserk and not with Chaika or Akame ga Kill or Konosuba.

>watched the anime series once
>read the first ASOIAF book 10 years ago
>never read the manga
>never watched Game of Thrones
>still considers yourself knowledgeable enough about both to state something like that

The fuck are you talking about?

>still considers yourself knowledgeable enough about both to state something like that
I already stated completely openly what my assessment is based on.

>Blacked swordsman
kek

One thing that they are increadibly similar is that the quality of their stories has become worse as it progressed.

On the other hand, one can't get off the boat and the other needs to get on a boat

P O T T E R Y

Cast this crazy smug fuck

Danny Devito?

Dave Chappelle.

Not even HBO would touch half the shit Berserk covers. Plus trying to CGI in his Dragon Slayer and most of the Apostles would bankrupt the network or look like complete and utter shit.

At first I was on board but in all honesty it would lose a lot.

Also after the first season (which ends with the festival) it could never live up.

>implying they would even touch half the material because it's "too dark" or "too weird"

GoT and Berserk aren't similar. You can compare the golden age arc from berserk to GoT but even then it's a huge stretch. As a whole there isn't much that can be compared.

They should adapt NouKome. I think that's the kind of show that would be a good fit for HBO and something that American audiences would want to see.

Stop posting

What is the appeal of Berserk?

Looks like it's just some guy with overtly large badass blade.

DELETE THIS

Nah, it can't be done. The budget would be off the charths. They could only adapt the Golden Age, but that's it. Once Guts starts fighting 20 foot tall HR Giger nightmares it's finished.

this is just bad, user.

You have to read the manga. It is an emotional fucking roller coaster that makes the reader so filled with hate you self insert as Guts just to bleed off the frustration and rage of how things turned out.

Also it is one of the most detailed and beautiful mangas ever written. Even the most hideous and ugly parts fill you with even more dread because of the sheer amount of quality poured into every page.

Berserk is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Berserk world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.
Berserk is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Sup Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

Blowing the dust off a classic.

>what is the appeal

>very good art
>lore
>dark fantasy
>action
>rape

>inb4 some newfag actually replies to this stale pasta or some oldfag makes an attempt at ironic humor by replying to this

>I'm sure people are constantly comparing them and bringing them up together because they are absolutely nothing alike.

They both have swords.

holy shit they are the same thing goddamn

Konosuba has swords too. I don't see anyone bringing it up.

Robert Zdar

there's literally nobody who would make even a halfway decent casting for Guts, Casca, or especially Griffith.

I'd watch Manu Bennett as Guts.

berserk is the heavy metal of anime, one of the most baffilingly overrated franchises of all time, prove me wrong

Easy. _________________________________________________ur a faget_________________________________________________

Is this a photo mash up of Aziz and The Rock?

After you, Sup Forumseddit

it's true tho, the same people who love berserk probably enjoy trash like tool, opeth, dio and iron maiden and fucking prog metal

i love berserk and dislike heavy metal

And now Im sad.

new ps4 video game coming soon. really looking forward to it. the one on dreamcast and ps2 was alright, not great. keen on what they do with it

I agree and disagree. The overall arc of the stories in both are actually really similar(bookwise at least)

>shit's not that fucked
>buildup to fucked up shit
>fucked up shit happens
>characters have to pick up the pieces
>characters preparing or dishing out revenge
>more fucked up shit happens over and over again
>ridiculous magic powers coming out of no where that overshadows everything else for a while

>Would you like a Berserk TV series, made by HBO?

i would take a Berserk series made by the fucking CW over the abject shitpile that aired yesterday

shouldn't you be prepping the bull right about now?

only if caska gets nude every episode

i doubt HBO knows who to adapt chinese cartoon properly.

also they would ínfuse stronk wymyn everywhere since berserk is all about weak women and one manly man.

Sup Forums go and stay go

>Ron Perlman

good answer

welp

fuck this slideshow.

Does any studio even make anime of the meticulous quality of Akira or the original GITS?

All I see is a lot of CGI and animation with an abysmal amount of frames

>nah these Sup Forums memes actually come from Sup Forums lmao

Just play Demons Souls and first Dark Souks. They alsonhave better writing that respects the intelligence of player, HBO couldnt do that.

Too short, Guts has to be at least 6'3. I'd choose Joe Manganiello. He's got the height, the look and the body.

>Wanting Mary Sue: The edge show.

Nah man. Berserk is overrated and hammy as fuck. People will finally notice how cringey it is when it is adapted into a live action series. The material is AMC tier at best.

>Manu Bennett
Actor: The Hobbit
lel

He was mocap for cumskin orc

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your standard game of thrones fan.

>There will never be a Berserk movie starring Arnie in his prime

Feels bad.

Most certainly not, HBO can go suck a dick with their GOT Fanbase and leave actual Ok stuff alone.

I despise got and all that comes with it so much

God, that looks fucking rotten.
I'm okay with using CG as a crutch for shit like battle scenes when you have to have a lot of stuff moving around at once. But a fucking stationary keyframe like that should be handdrawn.

>Void
>Not Ubik

hahaha holy shit is this what you faggots are arguing over my fusidess