Hey everyone, this'll be my first post on any board ever, been browsing this site for years

Hey everyone, this'll be my first post on any board ever, been browsing this site for years.
I'm 20 years old and I'm starting to hit a tipping point in my life.
I'm single and all I do is work and game and hangout with friends. Recently been thinking about enlisting into the military.
It's been on my mind for a couple years now but I've been worried/nervous about it. If anyone could give me some advice or personal stories that would be great.

You look like Felix. Why do you want to join the military? If you want to join then join

They will break you and don't think they cant and you will change.

Thought you were Felix for a second there user

Didn't think there were any attractive people here damn daddy

Apparently Russia has already done a draft wont be long before everywhere else does out of fear

so either enjoy civilian life whilst it lasts or go in now and probably get treated better due to being there by choice

My answer will depend on a variety of factors, of which you have not disclosed. So, in order to inform you of what you should do, i need to know:

Whats your financial situation?
Do you have a gf?
Do you wince at war threads?
Do you value your life?
Are you religious?
Are you a fucking retard?

Consider modeling bro
No homo

*gore, not war.
also in what country do you live?

Pewdiepie decided to stop making easy money on youtube and dedicate himself to Swedish army.

hey man, I'm actually in the army and trust me, you don't want this life. It's an easy life filled with all kinds of people just floating through deadbeat careers. Nobody who ever joins the army ever ends up amounting to much of anything, and you live your entire life in whatever shithole base they station you at for years at a time, always moving from one shitpile to another. Stay with your family and friends man.

You have no idea how much I get that..

And I guess you could say I'm easily conflicted. I plan on talking to a recruiter sometime after the holidays. Airforce or Navy is what I'm shooting for.

The States.

I'm single.
I watch a lot of bestgore if that signifies anything.
So-So.
Non religious.

And probably..

;)

do it chad make usa great again

>and probably..

don't expect to keep that beard when you enlist pppie

dont do it.
unless your are poor or black

Before you take the step and enter the army, try to have much to live for, you will think it does not serve much, but you never know where you can reach, wait before making that decision, because it is very determinant and can shatter you.

Is the airforce okay? I don't mind a desk job ;_;

A long time ago, in my country, entering the army at a certain age, was mandatory.
My uncles, my father and so on.
It was a calvary for them not to be a decision made by them, horrible years full of pain and lack of desire to live, they had no right, "because the country is worth more than them."
They were lucky that that fucking law was abolished.
Make sure you really want to do it is a big step, you can be in more or less danger, but that will cease to be your decision from a certain point.
Do you want to fight for your country?
It is honorable and brave, but blindly it is stupid and a waste of your life and those who fight at your side, if you do, do it.

I do not know the protocols of the air force, but you will always find professional people who will inform you better, that always.

>airforce

nice try pewdiepie youre a real retard asshole suck mo dick nigger motha focka

my bad, the fact is that there are universities in which you can do tests or inform yourself.

Unkempt beards are fucking disgusting. You look like a fucking mudslime jihadi. Just shave it off if you're too lazy to groom it.

i was in the army for 8 years. joined when i was 23.

it was great because when your younger the thought of moving around wasn't as much of a hassle as it would be for me now.

the biggest tip i can give is choose your career/position carefully. because once you are accepted in. you can't just change your mind, you'll be stuck in it for a minimum of 3-4 years etc..

and another tip is become resilient to bullshit, because there is alot of absolute fuckheads in the military, you'll know who they are when you come across them.

Old pic. Was no shave November. Tool.

hey OP really cool story,
guy with other cool story here,
get off the fuckin counter

Yeah, it's a big thing to think about, and I have been for the longest time. Family keeps pushing me towards it.
I personally want to go to film school but I'm pretty poor and I kind of feel trapped, worried that I'll be doing the same thing the rest of my life if I don't take some kind of action now.

Op, is your name Brandon?

If it's because of your family, don't do it. If you don't want it yourself, it will be a huge mistake.

Op if I could suggest one thing it would be don't fucking bother with it. I just got out of the army and it definitely takes a little bit of you (no I didn't get to kill anyone). If you have to join, do so as an officer. You'll still have questionably retarded people in charge of you but nowhere near as bad as on the enlisted side.

Nope

I'm able to take a lot of shit, I have been doing so my entire life. However, I see no reason to forcefully put shit in my path to slump through.

Plus I like my having my shitty unkempt jihadist beard.

My mind is made up, thanks bros.

Listen OP, I have a few words for you but they're far from words of wisdom. The reason kids join the military these days is to gain superiority over their peers and boost their own ego. Kids with guns is what it has become and I let them have that because that's truly all they'll ever have. You get veteran status these days even if you only get as far as boot camp. If you join, don't fucking turn to the navy or the airforce. Join the army, actually take the opportunity to pick your job and one that you can transfer to the civilian world at that, and save your money. When you get out, you'll have skin of steel. Join the airforce and you'll just be another one of them. Now if you choose to remain a civilian, there are a multitude of jobs out there, endless training offered for free and opportunities. Don't let the concept of being single interfere with getting your shit together because that's truly just a distraction. Women. It'll be a man's market once you reach a ripe age.

I like your jihadist beard. Keep that shit, seriously. It looks fucking neato.

Thank you, I can tell your words carry sincerity in them. I would PREFER civilian life, but the question now is, where does one go to receive free training?
I'm scraping by my teeth right now trying to stay afloat money wise. So any tips to help better my survival are what I'm seeking out.

Thanks, mate.

The meek will inherit the earth and it brings me hope to know you've chosen a humble path. As long as you're not a part of this world, you'll become a piece of people like me. About that free training... Let's say you become a laborer or warehouse worker, you earn the skill of being able to operate a forklift and that skill alone will carry you unto the next chapter. Now begin an apprenticeship, (welding, plumbing, heavy machinery or even cement mason) Trades are important OP. You literally get paid to learn when it comes to an apprenticeship and once you're a journeyman, making the big bucks because everyone's too proud to get their hands dirty (you'll never be out of a job for this reason) use the money you make to begin school and achieve what it is you wish to do. Do not predict your own problems, but deal with them as they arise otherwise you'll place far too much weight upon your shoulders. Kitty steps, one step and a time and your first step would be to find that training. I dropped out of school at 16 and was about to commit sodoku because I was in the same situation as you. However, one year of training in welding and now I'm an 18 year old journeyman. It just takes perseverance and patience. It is and WILL BE possible. Take care of that beard meow.

Also go donate plasma at your local center. 50$ for each donation. Use this munee for gas and ramen.

Lol bro, I'm a former international D-1 unlimited weight class wrestler, have abs at 6'1" 240 lbs, worked as a bouncer, Did army ROTC in college turning it down for 70k finance job, and I zercher squat somewhere around 700 lbs. I grew up on base and boxed since I was 8. I've got the quickest hands I've ever seen in person from a non professional fighter, especially at my weight. If my gf wants to talk chit I'll let her do it to a point before pulling her away. If some guy gets in her face? I'm either gonna do the responsible thing and get the bouncer or pick him up and slam his phucking neck into the concrete.

What do you weigh… 190 lbs? Zercher squat maybe 495 lbsx8? Lol. You have no idea what it's like walking around as big and as strong as someone like me. First of all, 95% of men walk in fear of you, and 95% of the other 5% of men are just retarded.

Literally the last 3 altercations I've been in with other males ended with me giving them one back hand slap and knocking them to the ground (I'm terrified of hitting most men and either killing them or putting them into a coma)
Any type of altercation, verbal etc. whether it involves girls I know or guys I know just mildly amuse me as I know I can step in and regulate the situation in a split second if things get serious.

Take your tiny, wanna be, hard pretend phaggot ass elsewhere pussy.