Which one is better?

which one is better?

The ATCQ album desu

left

TPAB is better, but I like WGIFH more.

WGIFH by a fuckin landslide.

People always defend TPAB by saying "well if you don't like it sonically AT LEAST appreciate the social commentary and how important it is in its messages", but ATCQ were definitely more spot-on, subtle, and analytical with their politics on their album. AND it's more enjoyable sonically.

To Pimp a Butterfly
(and it ain't even close)

no.

yeah this is really the only correct opinion

kenny the cunt is better

this

Even though I love both, TPAB is way tf better.

Sure, WGIFH is super fun, a great ending to their discography, sad and what not,

But, TPAB is a more important album by a fucking landslide. It has at least 3 times as much content, tells way more of a story, is way easier to relate to, and also isn't nearly as much "FUCK THE COPS" as the left one. If anything, I'd say it's way more equalist than racist

TPAB easily

We got it from here is a 9 and butterfly is a 10

As fantwan said...

Well Pitchfork said WGIFH is better so obviously that one

Right.....and The Love Movement was better than WGIFH!

Barter 6 desu

WGIFH desu.

If you actually think the ATCQ album is better you are either a contrarian or a fucking living meme
Definitely not prime ATCQ, too heavy on the sampling and a lot of cringey lyrics like
>>It’s time to go left and not right
I'm a liberal and I like the album but in no universe should it be considered equal to TPAB
Albums like this are basically riding on Kendrick's coattails/stealing his formula, anyway

agree

but Fantano said TPAB was better

dubs of truth

tribe by faaarrrrrrr

>riding on Kendrick's coattails/stealing his formula, anyway

you might be the biggest fucking retard I've ever seen on Sup Forums

ATCQ literally INVENTED the sound that Kendrick is being (overly) praised for on TPAB, and they do it better than he did on their new album. Kendrick got way too caught up in trying to do something "epic" and having a deep message, whereas ATCQ were like "we're just gonna make a great record and throw in a little bit of social commentary here and there."

>cringey lyrics

give me a break, you could right an essay on the amount of cringey lyrics Kendrick has

>THIS DICK AIN'T FREEEEEE
>NIGGA WE GON BE ALRIGHT (x20)
>BOO BOO (x50)
>that whole terrible Tupac skit

i dont believe i've ever heard a spoken word ATCQ track, i'm sure they influenced the direction of the album but "invented" is a strong word. Conscious hiphop was around before ATCQ and kendricks take on issues is musically different than tribe's.

boo boo is the only one you really have a case for, the rest are mediocre and this dick aint free serves a purpose. The Tupac skit is barely cringy, it does serve as a conveyor to deliver the message of the album and drive home what the whole point of the album with the multiple narratives.

ATCQ were basically the inventors of "jazz rap" which in a general sense is what TPAB is. I mean yes it has slight elements of other stuff like funk and soul and electronic but it's not like that's anything new in hip-hop either.

believe me I like Kendrick a lot, he's probably the best contemporary mainstream rapper, but ATCQ are the OGs of what Kendrick is essentially doing.

on the flip side too as far as great lyrics, Black Spasmodic has 2 of the best verses from last year

i'll give you "inventors of jazz rap" but definitely not conscious hip hop which they both sound distinctly different. Never heard of a conceptual album where the message was hidden inside a poem, these ideas and poetic devices are original to Kendrick

tpab is better once you cut out the poem and delete mortal man

>Busta rhymes having a heart attack for three minutes
>Time to go left and not right muh nigga we gon 2 revolution
>Le solid wall of shitty sampling
>Unironic horrible production
>3 memorable songs
vs
>This dUcK aiT FrEEUAU
>We wuz kangs n
>Nigg we gonn nigg lright muh nigga
>Muh 2 pac interview
>8 memorable songs
I love them both but honestly Busta just destroys every song he´s in and the production its so stiff its actually hard to listen

Literally what am I looking at on the left

A Tribe Called Quest - We Got It From Here... Thank You 4 Your Service
If you think that art's bad, you should see the original (pic)

>Kendrick wasn't heavily influenced by Tribe

Don't bring up that coat tail bullshit. And no, YOURE the walking meme guy, TPAB was promoted heavil by self-loathing white people as jerk off material, and then since people saw it got critical acclaim they jumped on the bandwagon. WGIFH was hyped for, what, a couple weeks before it dropped and a couple weeks after? It's because white people jerked off for a couple weeks to it and then moved on to Beyoncé and Kanye or whatever flavor of the month was popular next.

Both are great,
but,
Tribes older shit is fire and better than their new stuff.
TPAB is my personal fav as i prefer the beats and kendricks flow. Both have mad af songs.

both really good albums, but personally TPAB

t. absolute retards

Tpab