What are some good albums to listen to when reading Dostoyevsky?

What are some good albums to listen to when reading Dostoyevsky?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ypFxqypp2o8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Iggy Pop - Lust for Life

tuxedomoon albums's

>listening to music while reading
pleb af

I usually don't listen to music when reading, I guess something non-distracting would do, maybe some ambient stuff.

I don't know what would be good WHILE reading him.
A Beethoven string quartet maybe?

Swans is the musical equivalent of Dostoevsky though.

Bach

Mate, you don't listen to music while reading.

have a nice life

I'm sure you people go on about how anything but rare steak just ain't steak right?

i don't eat dead animals sorry

>Swans is the musical equivalent of Dostoevsky
But Dostoevsky is good

die

yawn

>Swans is the musical equivalent of Dostoevsky though.

youtube.com/watch?v=ypFxqypp2o8

That's a awful analogy. Music while reading is like buying an expensive steak and covering it with ketchup.

I mean I guess it's fine to listen to some background ambient or something
but if you listen to any music with actual rhytm, melodies or lyrics while reading then holy fucking shit, you are the worst kind of millenial short-attention spam faggot
why not play some vidya while reading or watch fucking game of thrones too?

Name a better album to represent Crime and Punishment than Greed.
Name a better album to represent The Idiot than Children of God.

Nah, it's cool, I'll wait.

More like buying an expensive steak and trying to eat it and your dessert at the same time

fucking this

In this situation which is the steak and which is the ketchup?

>Name a better album to represent The Idiot than Children of God.
The Idiot

You're going to have to get a better analogy. I don't eat steak ffs. Regardless, no. You don't fucking listen to music while reading. Do you? You must have ADHD or something.

I guess music is the ketchup since OP probably has shit taste

Not him but I would say the expensive steak is the book and the ketchup is the music you start listening to concurrently.

>they fell for the "swans are good" meme
I hope you've been on Sup Forums less than a year otherwise that's just embarrassing

Swans is just the same chord repeated over and over but extended to create tension. Don't you fucking compare that to Dostoevsky's literature.

the comparison is retarded but you're retarded too for only having listened to half a track by nu-swans and then voicing your inane opinion on the entire band

Haha this is hilarious!!
Dostoevsky is just unbearably of-his-time characters used to puppet moral beliefs he held.

I have listened to everything by Swans, son. Except for some of the early trash. There's not much variation. Sure, there's heavy instrumentation but that's not variation.

>early trash
This fucking faggot doesn't understand artistic commentary when he sees it. Especially very blatant art like no-Wave Swans.

>I have listened to everything by Swans, son.
sure.

really? i was yawning because you fell for the "swans is bad" meme.

>heavy instrumentation is not variation
now this is some next level analysis

That's right, a band that's put out masterpieces in a handful of genres over a span of three decades has now devolved their playing to just "the same chord repeated over and over". You have quite the ear for subtlety.

is marmite the patrician condiment?

marmite is the harsh noise of condiments
ketchup is radio pop, mustard is dadrock, BBQ sauce is rap, horseradish is folk, any kind of cheese sauce is nu-metal

Holy shit you're a Swans stan