f
b
a
l
l

this generation's Gerry Rafferty with some japanese influence

2 is a solid 8/10
Other releases are generally mediocre but with some standouts

Goofy guy, pretty decent music, horrible fan base.

why would you say the fanbase is horrible, though? just wanting to know

Because any time he's critizied all off his through a shit fit and start crying

partly true for any band

yeah
but demarco fans like to pull the "it isn't that srs chillax bro and smoke a viceroy"

No, Macfags are the absolute worst, even worse than Tame Impala fags. They do nothing but lurk in threads and wait for someone to say ill of their goofball prophet, and then they keep on bitching and moaning about how superior they ar to everybody else.

They are the biggest cancer of Sup Forums

>worse than st vincent fans
>worse than anal del rey fans
>worse than death grips fans
>worse than swans fans
'no'

I'd say they are on par with Tame Impala fans but definitely agreed other than that
It's like fucking Sup Forums-males cant breathe if they don't create another thread about this fucking talentless hack every 2 hours

it's all right, but it got old pretty fast
the fashion influence is massive tho
im hoping this old dog will shake up his sound a bit

>They are the biggest cancer of Sup Forums

Yea they are
-Barely anyone talks about St.Vinny anymore, and if they do it's in a containment thread.
-No one actually likes Lana, people just make fun of her.
-Death Grips fans barely even exist anymore, most people grew out of them.
-Swans fans talk about Swans like any other band, and at least Swans is talented.

Mac fans are scum

>and at least Swans is talented
lmao

>Sup Forums-males
is that a new way to say nu-male?
kek

Yeah, Grimes fans are a bigger tumour, but they just kinda sit there, but Mac fans are much more aggressive, even though they're smaller in numbers sense it's not 2014 anymore.

wew. the tame impala shit happens to me irl on a regular basis. but i havent seen it here, tho desu im just a newfag and dont bother reading through all the threads and stuff.

Literally all wrong. End yourself, cancer.

I've never seen anyone defend Mac Demarco on here though. The most aggressive defense in this thread is "pretty decent"

ye
fuck off mac's cocksucker

>there are people on this board right now (Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 3:27 EST) who actually believe that Mac DeMarco is good, and that Swans aren't talented.

I don't even like Swans that much, but dear god your taste is shit.

HEY FOGMAN MAY I GRIP A CIG

that's all I know about him

I see far more aggressive vitriol towards him than blind praise or aggressive defence of his music on Sup Forums. It's never legitimate criticism either, just >goofball etc.

Maybe you're projecting?

Thanks for proving my point.
You must be blind.

>he said the P word XD

>It's never legitimate criticism either,
he made an whole career over ripping off this song
youtube.com/watch?v=g2U1BhziqzM

>worse than st vincent fans
haven't listened to her but I have never had a problem with her fans they don't seem bad at all.
>worse than lana del rey fans
pretty terrible fans
>worse than death grips fans
death grips fans stay in their own threads most of the time.
>worse than swans fans
what is wrong with swans fans?

Also you didn't even mention grimes fans.

It's not a matter of taste. Mac Demarco is objectively a better songwriter than Michael Gira, who generally apes stylistic conventions from Krautrock, industrial and post-punk and executes them far more poorly. At least Mac can write a good pop song.

I know you must be a troll, you must be.

I used to like him, he's really boring though.

Goofball/10

But he seems like a pretty chill guy. Would definitely have a beer with him.

>can't refute my argument
>resorts to calling me a troll
Classic Sup Forums

he is just a guy who whines over some catchy stolen slowed down samples for an hour, his music is incredibly bland and soulless
He is a fucking hack, this is why people dislike him.

these posts make you look way worse than these "horrible" and "aggressive" mac fans desu

grimes fans are by far the worst and that just abou a fact at this point, recently especially

i lurk a lot and never really see anyone throw a fit defending mac demarco's music. it's just catchy guitar pop with a nice personality behind it.

try and learn how to enjoy a bit more user

Okay, good, you are a troll. There's no way anyone with half a brain could actually think that.

you're both wrong and fucking plebs with shit taste.

Demarco = garbage
Swans = even MORE garbage

I like almost all the stuff Mac puts out. He's a pretty solid artist and seems like a nice dude.

Why tho? Anyways, if you REALLY would like to put yourself through that move to Vancouver island literally everyone and their dog has that retarded personality "haha mannn soooo chillll"

HA CALLED

No one gives a shit about his "catchy guitar pop" and "nice personality", we give a shit about you being cancer. Seriously just look at this thread, all of you retards heard the battle cry and went into action because on person called you out on your shit.

I can see why you'd think that if you're only capable of analysing music on a purely superficial level.

>he is just a guy who whines over some catchy stolen slowed down samples for an hour
So you only listened to Chamber of Reflection?
>bland
>soulless
Nice buzzwords. Try criticising the actual music this time.

not the guy you're replying to but i'd rather hang w the chill people than hang w a keyboard warrior against the world

They're the furthest thing from chill. They just talk with that demeanor.

>be overtly antagonistic against X
>receive antagonistic replies defending X in response
>think you've proved something

heres another one
youtube.com/watch?v=g2U1BhziqzM

Well, he seems like he'd be a lot of fun. Why would you not catch a drink with him if offered?

you butt-psychedelia obsessed hipsters are all the same
just see and change the word lifeless with soulless

I'm not saying anyone has to like Mac DeMarco. I can completely understand why someone might not appreciate his aesthetic especially since he doesn't really venture very far stylistically. I'm just saying his songwriting is far more sophisticated than Gira's and anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly pretty musically ignorant.

you complain about aggressive cancerous fans yet you're doing just that right now

think it's time to pick up a little more self awareness user

If you kikes are so "le chill" than why aren't you just smoking your ciggys on your porch instead of crying about people not liking you or ur goof god?

> I'm just saying his songwriting is far more sophisticated than Gira'
how is this bad songwriting idiot? youtube.com/watch?v=a4mQxGXxU2M

FFs wrong user.

its dark

>lunacy (repeat x86)

How does he come up with it Sup Forums?

I'm throwing a fit because someone doesn't like a music artist I like? No, I really like SDRE, but I don't go on an internet war when someone calls them shit.

you realize "songwriting" isn't just lyrics right??????

Name one (1) song by Mac that beats sny Swans track

Okay,
>same bar (repeat x86)
How does he come up with it Sup Forums ?

it's snowing

pls enlighten me what bar and chords they're using :)

>Instruments just happen magically
>Musicians only write words

na but you're throwing a fit over thinking other people are throwing a fit

that's kinda worse
and delusional

See >apes stylistic conventions from Krautrock, industrial and post-punk and executes them far more poorly

"Dreamin'"

Viceroy beats half life
ez, keep in mind I have an entire folder filled with images of people laughing for your reply

whats so great about dreamin

No, I'm mocking you. There's a difference, I'm making fun of you, I'm teasing you, I'm making you mad, and you're just crying about your little canadian heartthrob

Lunacy - A major with an octave A on the lowest string repeated a million times with a little droney Bb to B repeating a million times.

for 2 and a half fucking minutes. The melody is literally Bb and B

youtube.com/watch?v=g7Gg-DqFIkM

sorry A and Bb. Then the Lunacy melody (the only other melody is just a 3 note arpeggio A, F ,D

Retards fighting over music. Seems like I've found the place.

>Oxygen by Swans
Dark weird and abrasive. Showed it to my qt3.14 gf and she didnt like it. My normie friends were also put off by it
>Chamber of Reflection - mac demarco
Chill, feel-good slacker vibes. Great for on the couch or at the beach. Qt girls love it and will flock to you

desu
you're saying these things to make you feel that you're right in your convictions, even though i'm not mad or crying (and also, i'm not a mac fan)

i'm just trying to show you how silly your argument is

but if you need a little pick me up and you get it from a successful little bully sesh on an anonymous internet board then sure go nuts

There :) Your favorite band is shit

damn

>mac demarco
samples asian guy and loops it for 4minutes

g e n i u s

>gf
>friends

gtfo

i said demarco is also shit, keep grasping for something to hold on to

>devils advocate on Sup Forums
get a life

>Hacker by Death Grips
Aggressive drums and shouting, no melody, just indecipherable rambling, chaotic pseudo-experimental production guaranteed to get the aux chord stolen from you at the party if you put this on
>Tame Impala - The Less I Know The Better
Alpha falsetto voice, dank catchy bass riff. dope vintage 80s synths. meme electronic sounding drums. Serves as an excellent Chad propellent and qt3.14 pheromone

>i literally have 0 material on you..g-get a life

>Alpha falsetto
these are literally opposites

>2017
>not embracing male falsetto
Someone cant into pop

Syncopated counterpoint between dual guitar lines
Complex harmony with ample use of chromaticism and chord extensions (particularly #11s)
Dynamic contrast between intro/bridge/outro and verse/chorus
Isolated bars of 2/4 emphasising the same contrast

how exactly is my argument silly? Look at this thread, it's madness because people can't take insults without getting super defensive.

Interminably beige.

>Serves as an excellent Chad propellent and qt3.14 pheromone
alright back to /r9k/ with you

its sound advice you should take it.
here let me put you in the right direction youtube.com/watch?v=qVeJjxlNwIM

As someone from Vancouver Island I can confirm this is laughably true

>Syncopated counterpoint between dual guitar lines

Yes this is a musical technique you were able to notice, well done. It doesn't take away from the fact that it's twanged out by the obnoxious reverb and sounds no less pretentious than any counterpoint used by king crimson.. If you want actual musical counter point that has a reason and a purpose branch out to classical music.

>Complex harmony with ample use of chromaticism and chord extensions (particularly #11s)

True, this is beautiful.

>Dynamic contrast between intro/bridge/outro and verse/chorus

That's how the listener is supposed to differentiate between a verse and chorus in contemporary pop music. This is really unnecessary to say.

>Isolated bars of 2/4 emphasising the same contrast

Yeah typically the chorus will have a different feeling to it, that's characteristic of a chorus, not many songs will have a chorus the same as a verse in dynamics and rhythm .

You're talking about Connan, bro.

Where you from? I just moved down island to Vic

I'm torn because on one hand he's pretty much releasing the same album over and over again. But on the other hand his albums are improving.

Hi Tom.

I don't get it

Dumbass watery bullshit with very little substance and somehow an insane amount of hype.

Classic Tom.