Ghostbusters Toys Already On Clearance In Stores

tomopop.com/ghostbusters-toys-already-on-clearance-at-target-37485.phtml

But I thought the movie was fine and only a small amount of "haters" had a problem with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hpulh2ZnAE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I never saw female action figures sell well as a kid, they always warmed shelves.

sexist

You keep posting this. user. Move on.

>but toys are us is sold out!

How do they expect to sell toys of a film that isn't out? Kids don't give a shot about Ghost busters as it is it, the brand doesn't mean anything.

I'd snag the stay puft man they were always rare in the 90's.

I just bought this one

Target is a failing company so they're trying to dump everything

When your pop vinyl is better looking than you

The originals are pretty easily available now. I have two that I picked up in charity shops.

Why would kids care about physical toys, when they have computers (for posting on Sup Forums) and smart phones for games and such?

>But I thought the movie was fine and only a small amount of "haters" had a problem with it?
don't worry, they'll just say that the parents are insecure and so obsessed with traditionnal gender roles that they don't want their kids to play with toys that suggest female taking on typically male action roles.
Cap this and post it when it happens.

Ahsoka doesn't last on the shelf, bitch be jumping off the shelves faster than Tommen.

This is some pretty early merchandising. They haven't even released a trailer for War of the Planet of the Apes yet.

Action figure wise, if it's cool, it'll probably sell. An all female Ghostbusters isn't cool to young boys, most likely.

I loved The Real Ghostbusters figures as a kid. They should rerelease those. They were GOAT.

Children love playing with toys that look like their mother.

Australia has them on sale already too.

guess kids don't like 30 year old action comedy movie revivals. fucking shitelords.

It's called marketing, they put them on the shelves marked up knowing full well that in a week or two when the big eye catching "REDUCED TO CLEAR" stickers come out and a few dollars off will entice more idiots to purchase their manufactured bargains.

where is the black chick?

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

>Ahsoka
>as a kid
Not everyone where is 14.

This. They are marking them down to make them cheap when the movie starts breaking box office records. Seriously, start buying these now if you are a serious collector. Because they will be sold out within two weeks.

Man, this is going to be the next Tickle-Me-Elmo. I am buying tons of these to put on eBay during the Christmas season.

gotta collect all the pieces of her

all of her fat went in to her head

It's clearly for Christmas in July you retards

Probably to the right.

These toys are amazing
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hpulh2ZnAE

>mfw Mayhem looks way better here compared to movie version

This sounds like damage control.

No seriously, are you all just pretending to be retarded or are you actually so sheltered that you don't know what christmas in july is?

It's absolutely not. By marketing standards this is a massive failure. I don't know why Sony thought it would be a good idea to merchandise this movie.

The only people who care about Ghostbusters figures are neckbeards in their 30's and 40's who are the same demographic that are fundamentally opposed to an all-female Ghostbusters movie.

There's no market for these things - even moreso than the film itself. It's just indicative of the completely delusional looneyland that Sony studios exists in.

They really don't care about toys at all anymore because toy adverts aren't really a thing anymore. I mean when I was a kid in the 90s, I was pretty much bombarded with adverts when I watched TV. Buy this new castle, remote controlled car, water guns, action man etc. and that was assuming I wasn't just watching an advert in the form of a cartoon like GI Joe.

It is. This isn't just happening in America.

i dunno, never saw transformers on clearance a week before a movie came out

>Clearance
>Happening in a country that doesn't have "Christmas in July"

>Big W's mid year toy sale ended 2 weeks ago.
>femBusters toys are still discounted

Nice try

Where is the Hemsworth toy? ._.

Funko Pop and Lego only.

Ugh little children are so sexist. Kill them all.

Little kids are probably cisgendered white bigots.

Actually, I'm the "Tickle-Me-Elmo" guy, I'm just being a smart ass. The toys look like shit, and released too damn early for the property. You can release Star Wars stuff years ahead of time. Hell, you could release a Bea Arthur figure and it would sell out instantly. You can't release shit toys on a reboot of a generally forgotten franchise and expect them to sell.

I am just trying to figure out what was going on in the minds of marketing executives on this movie.

From what I've heard, someone thought making an all female GB movie would be a hit with young people and Sony couldn't pull the film because it was too far gone. It's already bundled with the game and DVD versions of the original GB films in some stores actually have a ticket discount included.

The figures don't sell because they're listed at like 15 dollars each to begin with, they only have a few in stock, and nobody knows or cares about the movie they're advertising.

I live in Japan, and they scheduled the wide release of the movie on a weekend when there is only an adult vampire anime as competition. The limited release is going against X-Men: Apocalypse. I would imagine Sony was going for audience reaction type commercial fodder in that limited, but honestly it will lose out to a Marvel movie.

Seriously anything with the Marvel logo on it is big here. Ghostbusters will likely be a 2 week movie at best. Ironically Man of Steel was like a month, which was amazing here for a foreign film.

What anime is it?

Kek

What's with toy prices now?

The SW7 figure prices were ridiculous, they deliberately sold 5POA crap for way too much then doubled the price if you want figures made like what you got for $6 for Ep.3 figures.

Either Sony is buying them or the stores are throwing them into the trash and saying they're sold out.

Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen

Serioulsy though, I predict this animated movie will still beat out Ghostbusters.

cuckbusters

Probably in the back.

Sold out