Soo, I'm new to metal I've started at this time one year ago...

Soo, I'm new to metal I've started at this time one year ago, I'm also new to Sup Forums and Sup Forums and there's one thing I don't understand and that is, surprise surprise Terminal Redux and the whole Vektor discography. Can someone explain using actual arguments why this album is considered so bad and is memeing so fast? Because I've just finished listening to the whole thing and Outer Isolation to see why /mu has made such a big deal out of it and as a music pleb who has less than 200 albums listened I can say I really enjoyed it and considering that I've seen shit in here considerably worse than this or idiots who keep posting classic albums claiming they are the best albums in history and not getting any shit for it I really makes me not understand how things go around here.

>considering that I've seen shit in here considerably worse than this or idiots who keep posting classic albums claiming they are the best albums in history and not getting any shit for it I really makes me not understand
Which albums? Elaborate.

That's what happens to popular albums.

metalheads aren't allowed to like something until it's at least 20 years old

Don't listen to these faggots.

I understand that you're a giant pleb, and Sup Forums is also full of giant plebs and ironically has some of the worst taste on Sup Forums, but which classic albums are you referring to?

I'm not wrong. If an album becomes as popular as Terminal Redux, especially among non-metal listeners and hipsters, it will get memed and shat on.

I guess that's true, because it happened with Sunbather, but a lot of metal heads like/respect popular shit like Iron Maiden and Dio.

Your mistake is expecting people on Sup Forums to act like people in real life instead of being as obnoxiously contrarian as possible

these

>Be a "metalhead" for 10 years
>This is the thread that makes me check out Vektor
wtf man

Sup Forums is the worst board on Sup Forums when we comes to actually discussing the board's designated topic. Almost every other board has better taste than Sup Forums
I'm convinced that this board is full of 15 year olds who listen to the radio and care about Billboard charts.

I just listened to it, and I can tell you why it gets shit on here.
>too clean/produced
>too mechanical/tight
>excessive wankery
>Death arguably did it better on "The Sound Of Perseverance"
>Sup Forums hates prog

You said it's popular among hipsters but yet the major problem with this album is that it's too mainstream, also I really can't imagine a non metal listener digging this, there's just no way. It's mostly plebs that are new to thrash/death who are into it, and I see nothing wrong with it since you fuckers can't even point out it's flaws and what annoys me most is that I find vektor albums on lists with actually shit music like sunbather.
> If you let a bands fanbase dictate you music taste you are the true pleb.

Don't get me wrong now, I am really enjoying the shit storm this album has spawned but some people really got baited hard and are taking the whole thing out of context.

As much as I love Death I think their last album was a failure that stained their almost perfect discography.

Being a hipster is mainstream now though. And maybe non-metal listener was inaccurate. More like the type who only listen to blackgaze and Boris.

Listen to these and you'll be a true /metal/head

ok then can you walk me through your favourite albums?

being a metal head myself, i admit this is kind of true

>no Scream Bloody Gore
>no The End Complete
>no doom
>no NWOBHM
>no thrash

I can already see 3 of my favourite albums so i ll check the rest no need to be so edgy, thanks.

Why?

unquestionable presence is pretty thrash to me also gorgoroth is so shit i threw up in my mouth a little seeing them on this list with atheist.

poser detected

>I'm also new to Sup Forums and Sup Forums
Shut the fuck up and lurk at least another year before posting

The same thing happened to Gojira before Vektor, /metal/ was just predicting the mass popularity and influx of newfags that both albums would bring in so the shitposters tried to counter it with excessive memeing.